corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  65    66    67    68    69    70    71  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
Dom

User status: Offline
25th Nov 12 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I used to hate Vettel until i met him he spent more time talking with us and with a young lad in a wheel chair then all the other drivers put together, lovely chap

Knowing someone that works at RBR, he is suppose to be one of the soundest drivers around; always happy to grab coffee and have a chat with anyone.
Still though, would have been nice to see someone else with the title; luck of the draw i guess......
Russ

25th Nov 12 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I used to hate Vettel until i met him he spent more time talking with us and with a young lad in a wheel chair then all the other drivers put together, lovely chap

christ, give it a rest. do you want his babies?
fuck yes, imagine the maintenance payments
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Nov 12 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any predictions for next year then, I want quote material for the 2013 thread!

My quote:

Alonso for title, with McLaren getting the constructors.

RBR will have a quick start to the season, but will get out developed (shocker!)

Lewis will grab two podiums, then a third one as a win. They will be freak occurances though as the car is generally off the pace.

There, that's me done.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
noshua

25th Nov 12 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazing race! Really wanted Alonso to win but not sure why, he looked like he was about to cry when he got out his car

Why would you say they'll get out developed? They've won the constructors the past 3 years...

RBR constructors, Alonso title. First race position Jensen, Vettel 2nd, Alonso 3rd.
Ryan

25th Nov 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't see Red Bull being out developed whilst Newey is there unfortunatley.

I think we will see the same next year.
Ash_EP3

25th Nov 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next time Senna please ensure his car is damaged beyond repair ffs! No real shocker that Vettel won again tbh... He's a good driver in the best all-round car and following the big update after the summer break (which I suspect Newey is responsible for) he won again and again... Without the Newey-vettel package RBR would be nowhere... Also I only hate Vettel because of his 1 finger salute

Shame about Hamilton tbh... Would have been good for him to get a podium on possibly his last race for mclaren
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Nov 12 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua

Why would you say they'll get out developed? They've won the constructors the past 3 years...

Because I'm going for an outside bet. I'll look like a genius this time next year if it comes off.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ryan

25th Nov 12 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we will see Hamilton back in a McLaren when his contract runs out with Mercedes.
kennySRi

25th Nov 12 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
I think we will see Hamilton back in a McLaren when his contract runs out with Mercedes.

Definetly, he will be back as soon as he can. I even think sometimes that they are trying a way to call the deal off but i know that isnt possible Sadly imo by the time his contract runs out McLaren will be nowhere near good enough, in fact Mercedes will be ahead of them.

Next year will be Vettel's again but i think the year after is when a few teams will have improved massively so should get exciting. Next years fun will be watching Hamilton help Mercedes to get some better results and watch Perez being a flop.
Jamie-C

25th Nov 12 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a way to the end the season. The race was cracking even though it wasn't the result I was hoping but tbh Vettel drove well throughout the season even when things didn't go his way, he derserved to win it this year imo. When I seen him facing the wrong way on lap one and Alonso getting a great start I got all excited, genuinely thought he had stuffed it
JonnyJ

26th Nov 12 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jenson to win the title with Mercedes finishing 12th in the constructors behind the new Robin Reliant team which creates the first 3 wheeled F1 car.
Kippers

26th Nov 12 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any loss of current teams or new teams coming in next year?
Rob_Quads

26th Nov 12 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton is not expecting to win next year. Hes moved on the premise that they are already heavily investing in the 2014 new engine, then they get 1 year with the new engine for him to decide to stay or go.
Dom

26th Nov 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kippers
Any loss of current teams or new teams coming in next year?

HRT shut shop today, i don't believe anyone has bought them and there hasn't been any news on new teams apart from the usual Richards and Prodrive rumour; so 22 car grid next year.

Next season will be pretty much the same due to the minimal rule changes. It'll be 2014 where things will get shaken up
Jamie Walby

26th Nov 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3

Shame about Hamilton tbh... Would have been good for him to get a podium on possibly his last race for mclaren

Possibly his last race for McLaren?
chrisritch

26th Nov 12 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3

Possibly his last race for McLaren?

Chance he could go back after Mercedes...
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'll go back once Button retires if at all.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jamie Walby

26th Nov 12 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he definitely will.

I liked Martin Whitmarsh comparing it to a student going travelling for a bit.
JonnyJ

26th Nov 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope he doesn't. Never known a team make such a fuck up of a season as they did this season.
noshua

27th Nov 12 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone notice at the end of the live show Jake said they'll be back next year with every race live no more shitty Sky Sports F1
Rob_Quads

27th Nov 12 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its very very unlikely you will see all the races live on the BBC. More likely to see none that them all
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Anyone notice at the end of the live show Jake said they'll be back next year with every race live no more shitty Sky Sports F1

I would have thought this would have been bigger news if true?!

Technically they were "there" for every live race this year. BBC viewers just didn't get live coverage of every race. Maybe that's what he meant.

Also, isn't Jake leaving for BT Vision or something?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dom

27th Nov 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the rumors are true then i'm not sure Hamilton could crawl back to McLaren even if he wanted to as allegedly he's well and truly pissed on Ron's bonfire - Ron didn't appear at his leaving do as well as not share in any of his race celebrations since Hamilton signing the Merc contract.
And if McLaren did offer him a seat again, i can see it being a pretty shitty deal.

quote:

Be the same deal as this season.

And Jake left to present BT's sport channel, apparently on a salary of £250k.
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starting preliminary planning for Spa 2013 with the same group I went to Monza with this year.

Any recommendations for grandstands? I've read in a few places that GA is worthwhile at Spa - but I gotta be honest it was nice to be sat above the fencing at Monza so GA makes me a bit nervous.

There's a grandstand at the top of Eau Rouge but apparently you can't see much after the crest of the hill.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Daveskater
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Hamilton upset Ron a bit when he said he's not expecting to win next year Probably not the best thing to be saying, even if it is true.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

<<  65    66    67    68    69    70    71  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0254080 seconds