corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Money
Karen

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
i have a 3 year old, and i have always worked, also my partner works, and always has (except on maternity leave) she only works three days though, i don't see why a child makes people incapable of working?

Dont know if that was aimed at me but Iv already explained why Im not working atm. Will change when I get another house with rent not so high as it is now
micra_pete
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasn't aimed at you karen, just a general comment in this thread
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't really see the problem tho, even if you did 40 hrs a week at mcdonalds you'd still come home with £1000.

Government pay 75% of childcare. Call it £125 a week like I pay, so that's £100 a month to make up.

Council house £300ish a month.

Food, water, gas, etc, single mother and kid, probably £200-£250 a month.

£1000 - £300 - £100 - £200, still leaves £400 for yourself and you'd be an honest working citizen.
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CCA
If someones in a wheelchair because they cant walk they can still work in an office, nothings stopping them if the place has wheelchair access.
People have children for different reasons, do you think if someones going to be a single parent and will be on benefits that the kid should be aborted?

yep, like I said if someone is incapable of working, not just because they are in a wheelchair.

No, not saying it should be aborted, with contraception these days there is no for it to get that far. And yeah if its a mistake (as in they were using contrception, or rape, or whatever) then I undertand that. Its more the planned sprogs where they know they cant afford it and go on benefits.

Karen

2nd Mar 06 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Don't really see the problem tho, even if you did 40 hrs a week at mcdonalds you'd still come home with £1000.

Government pay 75% of childcare. Call it £125 a week like I pay, so that's £100 a month to make up.

£1000 - £300 - £100 - £200, still leaves £400 for yourself and you'd be an honest working citizen.

I dont stay in a council house though, rent on my flat is almost £800 a month, government will only pay just under £450 of that for me. Which I have already said this is the only reason Im not working just now. Looking for another place that is cheaper so I dont have to pay as much towards my rent
CCA

2nd Mar 06 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure this could go on for days but everyone has different views on people on benefits and i cant really be bothered to type anymore so i shall leave it there
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Karen
quote:

I dont stay in a council house though, rent on my flat is almost £800 a month, government will only pay just under £450 of that for me. Which I have already said this is the only reason Im not working just now. Looking for another place that is cheaper so I dont have to pay as much towards my rent

£800 with no job. Good idea.
Karen

2nd Mar 06 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by CCA
If someones in a wheelchair because they cant walk they can still work in an office, nothings stopping them if the place has wheelchair access.
People have children for different reasons, do you think if someones going to be a single parent and will be on benefits that the kid should be aborted?

yep, like I said if someone is incapable of working, not just because they are in a wheelchair.

No, not saying it should be aborted, with contraception these days there is no for it to get that far. And yeah if its a mistake (as in they were using contrception, or rape, or whatever) then I undertand that. Its more the planned sprogs where they know they cant afford it and go on benefits.

Mine wasnt planned but I went straight back to work 3 months after I gave birth
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Mine wasnt planned but I went straight back to work 3 months after I gave birth

if only more people did!
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

The joys of living in Edinburgh city center
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM

there's an easy answer there tho.
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

why live in the centre, to be close to work?
Karen

2nd Mar 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

said about 5 times now, looking to move
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

said about 5 times now, looking to move

Yes, I read it 5 times.
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where are you looking to move to??
Karen

2nd Mar 06 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Where are you looking to move to??

Somewhere else in edinburgh
Liam

2nd Mar 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhallcorsagirl just out of interest what litre engine, have you got ??

Surely if you still want a car but say you have got a 1.4, why not downgrade to a 1.0 or 1.2, they will be more economical and cheaper to insure and tax wont they???

[Edited on 02-03-2006 by LiamD]
John_C

2nd Mar 06 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if this has been added but families are entitled to claim benefit even if they were working. i live with a family where the women earns 65k a yr and still gets sumthing like 20-30 quid a week (i think a week!) for each child.

im not saying whether this is right or wrong but i would say is it necessary for sum 1 earning that kind of money. if it is on offer then your going to claim it especially as she pays a good 1.5k a month in tax
ed

2nd Mar 06 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a job.
ClaireF

2nd Mar 06 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiamD
Vauxhallcorsagirl just out of interest what litre engine, have you got ??

Surely if you still want a car but say you have got a 1.4, why not downgrade to a 1.0 or 1.2, they will be more economical and cheaper to insure and tax wont they???

[Edited on 02-03-2006 by LiamD]

Karen

2nd Mar 06 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John_C
not sure if this has been added but families are entitled to claim benefit even if they were working. i live with a family where the women earns 65k a yr and still gets sumthing like 20-30 quid a week (i think a week!) for each child.

£39.47
You get that regardless of whether u work or not
Joe

2nd Mar 06 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With all the time you spend on here i think you must have enough spare time to get a job and earn some money.
CCA

2nd Mar 06 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
With all the time you spend on here i think you must have enough spare time to get a job and earn some money.

Have you read the whole thread?
ClaireF

2nd Mar 06 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am only on here while i am printing of lecture notes at mo, i come on here while i do my assignments as well. Good news anyhow just got a txt working saturday and sunday now this week
Joe

2nd Mar 06 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CCA
quote:
Originally posted by joe6886

Have you read the whole thread?

Nope cant be bothered

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money 22 database queries in 0.0170550 seconds