corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Civic Type R..........

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Civic Type R..........
Dione J

User status: Offline
4th Apr 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VTEC just kicked in yo

Rachel H

4th Apr 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
IMO fair better than the Focus ST, Astra VXR etc

The only car I prefer to that is the golf GTI

I like type R's and love the way they drive - having said that I could not live with one but never fails to impress me or make me smile when I drive my mates

Your a moron, you base this opinon on your own views, I bet you haven't driven a Focus ST, Astra VXR or a CTR, the Golf GTi is a load of garbage as well, overpriced piece of slow turd. I have better seats in my Nova than the standard Golf GTi.
AdiSRI

4th Apr 07 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
So glad i got my DC5 now, it still has more power, a LSD and weighs a LOT less than the new CTR.

Sadly you also pay ALOT more for insurance than you would for an EP3 civic, you'd have payed more for it than a similarly aged/mileaged civic, and you have very little gains to show for it .

(Based on mates who have each car, are a similar age and live within a couple of miles of each other)

[Edited on 04-04-2007 by Rob H]

Well i got quotes for both for insurance as originally i wasnt sure which to choose of a DC5 and a EP3. Difference in cost was about £400 for the year, BUT the policy on the teg covered all mods at no extra price, adding a exhaust and suspension etc.. bits to the civic made it basically the same so the difference was moot.

I then did back to back test drives of each car, the CTR first then the DC5, and tbh your probably right, theres little in the performance ( you wouldnt expect there to be 20bhp or so (probs less on uk fuel) and a few kg saved dont make much difference!) but the feel of the cars was very different.

The seating position in the teg is much lower, i felt more at home in it. Its also more raw, louder inide, more rattles lol, and thats what i wanted from the car so in the end that, coupled with the fact that i much prefer the looks of the DC5 made my mind up.

And TBh i havent regretted it for one second since, im not realy sure there is anything i could replace it with that would be so much fun, for a fairly reasonable running cost
MACKA

4th Apr 07 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Living in Swindon, I see them all the time. I think there nice.
AdiSRI

4th Apr 07 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
Don't get me wrong i like the DC5 alot, i just don't see the orgasms people have over it, then slate the EP3 when their is very little appart form looks to distinguish between them .

You might think that, but really there a LOT of difference between especialy the UK spec CTR and the DC5. More differences than you might think, especially chassis rigidity etc.. on a track the DC5 is better hands down, and tbh on the rubbish UK roads we have at any normal driving speeds / conditions the civic has probably got the handling edge, as tegs dont like crap road surfaces much.
Rob H

4th Apr 07 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally £400 seems alot to me, and coupled with the extra initial outlay it would put me off .

Like you say though, you drove both, and it's down to personal choice at the end of the day, I know the reson my mate bought a CTR was because it felt "special" to drive when compared to similar stuff on the market, and the 'teg takes that one step further I suppose.

Can't fairly compare the rawness - the 'teg has a spoon exhaust, so it put things out a touch .

jr

4th Apr 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Golf GTI is better than the CTR and Astra having been in them all
Rob H

4th Apr 07 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
You might think that, but really there a LOT of difference between especialy the UK spec CTR and the DC5. More differences than you might think, especially chassis rigidity etc.. on a track the DC5 is better hands down, and tbh on the rubbish UK roads we have at any normal driving speeds / conditions the civic has probably got the handling edge, as tegs dont like crap road surfaces much.

Yeah i can understand ther being differences - why else would they use the Integra over the Civic for BTCC! It's just in real world terms, when 99% of the driving is done on the road, the basic suspension/chassis set up is fairly similar (albeit more hardcore spring rates, damper settings and geometry on the 'teg), hence to fully reap the benifits, it takes alot to find them - lots more than you can safely explore on the road .
whitter45

4th Apr 07 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rachel H
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
IMO fair better than the Focus ST, Astra VXR etc

The only car I prefer to that is the golf GTI

I like type R's and love the way they drive - having said that I could not live with one but never fails to impress me or make me smile when I drive my mates

Your a moron, you base this opinon on your own views, I bet you haven't driven a Focus ST, Astra VXR or a CTR, the Golf GTi is a load of garbage as well, overpriced piece of slow turd. I have better seats in my Nova than the standard Golf GTi.

how wrong you are. Out of them all I have had the least amount of time in the VXR but I personally did not like it

ST had a nice engine and the golf seemed to do everything very good but nothing outstanding

CTR is very good at what it does and the last model it was a good 4k cheaper than the rest

Rachel H

4th Apr 07 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But its slow....er
whitter45

4th Apr 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rachel H
But its slow....er

not by much though..............
AdiSRI

4th Apr 07 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EXACTLY, people seem to make a big deal about a TINY performance difference, even with the CTR being the slowest of the new hot hatchs, its still winning the group tests i have read, based both on its track ability and just the feel of the car.

Performance wise they are all so similar as it doesnt really matter anyway, ooo you pulled out a car length WOW!

My dad has a astra VXR, with exhaust and remap and tbh even when in the full sport induced 285bhp theres not much in it between our cars, the astras are fairly lardy, and have huge wheels! That said the new CTR is also fairly lardy, and can have the same huge wheels lol.

[Edited on 04-04-2007 by AdiSRI]
Martin_C

5th Apr 07 at 05:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

slower in a straight line, quicker round the corners, where it matters

all this torqueless wonder crap...my ek9 is a 1.6, yet has 25 lb/ft more than a 106 1.6 gti, figure that one out.

same old same old on corsasport, mindless bitching over nothing. i personally like the interior of the new ctr, outside is a bit ming, yet to drive one so cant comment. honda produce them on mass to suit the general public anyway, no new hot hatches, are truely hot.
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I'm talking about the new one, I thought everyone was

no im on about the old breadvan 197bhp one i havnt seen a new one out on the road
whitter45

5th Apr 07 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I'm talking about the new one, I thought everyone was

no im on about the old breadvan 197bhp one i havnt seen a new one out on the road

still looks better thank your wank car

Just face it the CTR is a great car and so much better than your car end of
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its no quicker, looks gash, common,

its costs 6k more than my car and IMO doesnt offer anything to change my mind.

Would sooner have and astra GSi, Clio 182 etc over a CTR.
dazavich

5th Apr 07 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Doesn't need to be any quicker, its fast for what it is mate.

Fair play to you for defending your car but i'm sure more people would prefer the type r, its a better all round car.
whitter45

5th Apr 07 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Your car in all honesty is no were near as good as the CTR.
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dazavich
quote:

Fair play to you for defending your car but i'm sure more people would prefer the type r, its a better all round car.

good for them, whitter seems to think im bothered by his comments couldnt care what he thinks TBH he drives a TT

My car does me to work and the odd blast around the country roads/track etc

All i said was CTR couldnt leave me off the lights and whitter jumped on the defensive

I fail to see how a car with only a few more bhp and less torque can 'hand another its arse'

[Edited on 05-04-2007 by topshot_2k]
mwg

5th Apr 07 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say he drives a TT as though its a bad thing
alli Ronald

5th Apr 07 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/151837.htm

^ id have one.
Nath

5th Apr 07 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These Type R threads never get tiresome.....
whitter45

5th Apr 07 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dazavich
quote:

good for them, whitter seems to think im bothered by his comments couldnt care what he thinks TBH he drives a TT

My car does me to work and the odd blast around the country roads/track etc

All i said was CTR couldnt leave me off the lights and whitter jumped on the defensive

I fail to see how a car with only a few more bhp and less torque can 'hand another its arse'

I would say a TT i sbetter than your car but lets not get into that

You stated that a CTR could not beat you from the ligths when it calearly can whether its a car length or ten car lengths

The CTR has more power a slightly less torque but is still a quicker car as Robin has stated

Yes you paid very little for your car but i bet you could buy a 51 plate CTR now for less than 8k

You seem to think your car is much better than everyone elses when cleasrly its not

The new CTR posted is a lovely car and your comments just inspire me to think your jealous

topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can assure you a CTR does not get 10 car lengths ahead of me

my point is you take the piss out of other peoples cars when you drive something which some would consider a bit of a gyers cars.

8k is still more than 2900

I have NEVER said mine is better, i said i wouldnt get battered by a CTR, all i said is my car was cheap, quick 0-60, comfortable, very good hanlding, air con, leather interior etc etc etc
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Apr 07 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

believe me i am not jealous, im holding out for better things than 2ltr NA cars. i would never buy a new car, would rather wait and buy one after a couple of years or so, Hence why im waiting for the Evos to drop in price when he new one is released.

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Civic Type R.......... 22 database queries in 0.0161200 seconds