corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » REDLINE MAG; we're looking for cars...

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author REDLINE MAG; we're looking for cars...
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st May 07 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And i laugh at you asuming i can't drive. It's kids like you that start spouting crap like that. You really do not know my driving experience so how can you judge me? Im not going to list what I have driven and also what racing experience i have as i'm not bowing down to your level, but if you do want to learn a lesson the stfu with your 'witty' comments beacause it makes you look such a cok.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Deano_sxi
Banned

31st May 07 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look a cock on a corsa website...

pmsl
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
was a good day, pissed down all day but at least it let you have some fun with the back end. lee(corsa c 3.0 v6) put in a 0-60 of 7.9ish in the wet and a quarter mile in 15.9. it was standing water all over and the vxr was a sec faster for both.
i used to own a 206 gti 180 so i know what handling is all about but the vxr was awesome. i think everyone that driven it was impressed by the power and grip this thing had. with esp off it was a joy to drive, lift over oversteer a plenty and easy to pull back in too (just ask ian haha)

it's badgers like steve that start bashing it before they have even driven it. we gave this car hours of abuse round bruntingthorpe and it did nothing put impress. seats are farking ace but the dodgy plastic dash just lets the interior down a bit. they could have built a perfect car if they didnt cut corners in the interior

yes i bashed it without driving, but then oh look, 5th gear tested it against the clio 197 and it lost, why? because it handled badly
Ian
Site Administrator

31st May 07 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Deano_sxi
206 gti's handle like a fat birds flaps...sloppy

and i laff at you thinkin because youve driven a 206 your suddenly the be all and end all of top notch drivers

i bow to you mr senna
Don't assume too much, it'll make you look silly. I happen to rate Stes ability and furthermore I happen to rate the car he is comparing the VXR to.

The 206 also did quite well across the board in write-ups in the motoring press.

The VXR for the record, was very impressive. I liked a great many things about the drive, not everything about the car, but having had it round a track driving normally for photographs and properly for giggles, I can personally say this is a good car. I could tell you more but I would prefer that you wait for the mag to read it all
Ste
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

pmsl

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st May 07 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we're talking at cross-purposes here Steve. The VXR is a very good car indeed. It 'lost' against the Clio because the Clio is even tighter.

That doesn't make the Corsa a bad car per se. It impressed me greatly. Don't believe that because it isn't as competitive on a track against timing gear that it wouldn't be a good car to own and a fun vehicle to use.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st May 07 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes, you do
Ste
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

realistically, how often would you drive it on the limit anyway? there is so little between most hot hatches these days anyway its impossible to compare unless it is on the limit around a track. for every day road driving there would be nothing in it

Steve
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah it probably doesnt handle badly, but i think the lesson is that its probably not class leading, as far as drivers cars go like everyone was saying then...
Ste
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
nah it probably doesnt handle badly, but i think the lesson is that its probably not class leading, as far as drivers cars go like everyone was saying then...

they could have made it class leading, there is lots of potential there but they never, they went for the costoption instead, by making it more affordable and therefore more desireable, they are making half the cars renault will make this year in the hope it will hold its value in the second hand market. I guess only time will tell

Ian
Site Administrator

31st May 07 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure they're both good cars, just that one is quicker on that circuit on that day with that driver. I wouldn't get too hung up on what one review has said. Its a good drive.
deano87

31st May 07 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may also need to consider day to day living with the thing. A Clio may handle better, but the suspension set-up could be rock solid and be extremely uncomfortable on long journeys for example (whether this is true I do not know, it's simply an example). Take the Corsa, which may have slighter 'softer' setup, you can still hoon it everywhere but enjoy it as a daily driver.

I know a lot more things go into a cars handling other than suspension, but hopefully you'll get what I mean.
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to look at it if the roles were reversed, had the corsa had harder suspension and beat the clio round the track, it would have been the most amazing thing going, and it wouldve been wicked the suspension being like that.

Just human nature I guess, you will defend what you want to think is best, everyone does it, including me

i would hope that, considering i dont care which is better out of the clio of the corsa, that my view would be slightly less biased, and as far as looks go im keen on niether.

Vauxhall have always made there hot hatches a bit lame compared to the competition, noone can argue that, and whilst i think theyve probably had there best stab at it so far, its still not quite as good as the proven hot hatchs manufacturers of past history

[Edited on 31-05-2007 by Steve]
Tom

31st May 07 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The point is steve is you are completely biased with your summary because the fact of the matter is you still haven't driven the corsa vxr (or the clio 197 )
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The clio boys are also bickering about it

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=231228

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=231223

"The Corsa is an overstyled chav chariot designed to please young boys with small organs, the 197 on the other hand is understated, quicker and the better handling motor."
Robin
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its still not quite as good as the proven hot hatchs manufacturers of past history

Around Castle Combe, in the hands of ONE person.

Even if it isn't as good, it's second best in a competitive class, and it's their first attempt, Renault have been doing it for 20+ years, they're bound to build a better car....
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly robin that was my point, renault are far more practised at this type of thing. So its only reasonable to expect vauxhall to fall a bit short, unsure why people are being defensive, im not slating vauxhalls, just providing reasons why the clio may be a bit better
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and it was cadwell park robinho
Tom

31st May 07 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ Sorry let me demonstrate by using the bold function

quote:
you have to look at it if the roles were reversed, had the corsa had harder suspension and beat the clio round the track, it would have been the most amazing thing going, and it wouldve been wicked the suspension being like that.

you say this like it's a problem yet who is saying the clio is the 'most amazing thing going'?

Just human nature I guess, you will defend what you want to think is best, everyone does it, including me

i would hope that, considering i dont care which is better out of the clio of the corsa, that my view would be slightly less biased, and as far as looks go im keen on niether.

considering you don't care if the roles were 'reversed' would you be arguing for the corsa like you are for the clio

Vauxhall have always made there hot hatches a bit lame compared to the competition, noone can argue that, and whilst i think theyve probably had there best stab at it so far, its still not quite as good as the proven hot hatchs manufacturers of past history

Says you, fact remains you have no view to base this on apart from your past experiences which means very little, and the view of some motoring journalists who you chose to listen to

Robin
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing

It's still not necessarily the better car, it's the slightly quicker car around that particular circuit, it might not be as easy to live with, as reliable, as well built etc.

TV road tests are flawed, they only care about the lap times, not the comfort or ease of living.

I honestly think it's much of a muchness with either, they look similar, they go similarly quickly, they're similarly priced, there's not clear winner IMO, it just depends if you like Renault of Vauxhall I reckon.
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omg and i thought people on here were biased,

http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1582868#post1582868

at some of these

"It was a fix"

"Whichever manufacturer licks arse enough"

Tom

31st May 07 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
omg and i thought people on here were biased,

http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1582868#post1582868

at some of these

"It was a fix"

"Whichever manufacturer licks arse enough"

Agreed that is just stupid
Carl

31st May 07 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is more bullshit in that cliosport thread than on here. Makes me laugh all the useless debating you get on car forums from people who have't driven the cars and probably never will.
"it looks...." how can you make an accurate analysis of handling etc on how it looks to go around corners
I know lets scrap testing altoghether, we'll just film a car going around a track for a lap and then send it to all the experts on Corsasport/Cliosport/saxosportsclub/vagweb etc etc, who needs testing.
Some people need to take a step back, look at what they are argueing about, why they are argueing, and where the arguement is actually going to get them.
Carl

31st May 07 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"I agree with TG tiff nedeal is a **** driver all he knows how to do is over steer because that think it looks, good but actully its slower!
Least on top gear the stig driver the cars properly as hes a racing driver!"

yeah Tiff is just some guy off the street, never drove before, not a ex-racing driver or anything like that.
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 07 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes got loads of driving history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiff_Needell

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » REDLINE MAG; we're looking for cars... 23 database queries in 0.0219800 seconds