corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids
Jules S
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Jan 11 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nasty
chris_uk
Premium Member

31st Jan 11 at 07:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parts from america should arrive today which means this week i can get the head and valves sent to the machine shop and then its just a matter of waiting for things to be fitted.
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Feb 11 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parts never arrived.. typical..

will be ordering the new smaller sc pulley, vxr injectors and shorter belt this weekend, the head gasket should arrive tuesday.

getting back on track now, just waiting on the parts from america so i can get moving.
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parts arrived and they have been delivered along with the head to the machine shop.

hopefully neil will rebuild the head and block and bring them up a week on friday and then it should be about time to put it together
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to reorder one nut for my arp studs.. £6 for a nut! lol

also taken delivery of some carbon goodies
M Sutton

2nd Mar 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good but we need pics!
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Mar 11 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New carbon goodies

all the bits lined up ready to go

spares

and an EGR blanking plate

chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Mar 11 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and im painting my helmet

M Sutton

4th Mar 11 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet!!
chris_uk
Premium Member

22nd Mar 11 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This weekend Neil is coming up from MK and we are stripping the engine out on friday aft and then rebuilding it all in the morning.. hope to have it all running by dinner time
big eck

25th Mar 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stunning looking car and the nice weather is just starting.
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Mar 11 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, ive fallen pretty lucky, hopefully the weather will be nice for me to go out on sunday
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Mar 11 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DONE!
big eck

27th Mar 11 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great mate, how's it running now???
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Mar 11 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done 150 miles now and last night i had to whip the cam cover off to check the followers hadnt marked the retainers (vid below for those who havent got a clue)

on inspection they were perfect, only one which caused some concern was the one in the vid, it looked like it was touching but as the card shows its actually perfectly fine

so need to run it in for another 300 miles and i will check it again and then i should be able to open it up and see what its got

courtenays is booked for the 11th april for a final map putting on it and the pulley swapping over for a smaller one and some VXR injectors adding in.

here is the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDq1MTETez0
chris_uk
Premium Member

27th Jun 11 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little update.. Its been a while..

Tyres:
Needed a new set of rear tyres as my current set really are on their last legs, so ive just ordered a pair of new ones.

Suspension:
I had a creaking on the front passenger upper wishbone from a buggered bush and since ive been meaning to refresh the whole system i bought a full suspension kit which will replace every bush, toe link, drop link the lot.

Suspension 2:
My old coilovers were ok, but i decided that i wanted to upgrade them to some propper Monotubes, nitron were just stupid money at nearly 2K so i settled for the Gaz version instead.

Brakes:
I have some new calipers sat here and have for ages, they are uprated exige ones expecially made so you dont get a squishy pedal, they are 4Pot AP racing calipers with 2 smaller pistons rather than 4 large ones, I have just ordered a full set (front + rear) pads from carbon lorraine and they are CL5+ pads. (cant wait for these)

Body Work:
I have got the materials for the front splitter now sorted out so i will be making that over the next 2 weeks in time for the VX national meet at angelsey circuit. I've also got a spoiler which im borrowing from another member which im going to try out to see what i think before actually getting one

N7 THD

27th Jun 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow, that is rather special

I like this a lot!
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Jun 11 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got some 9mm ply today and some ali sheet.

a couple hours later id made the splitter, Its not attached here, but its pretty much exactly where it will be, i just need to alter the sides and trim them down and under the numberplate needs a little bit of fetteling..

here are some pics

chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Jul 11 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lowered the Diffuser

Installed new calipers

I've also lowered the spoiler about 15mm just so it sits slightly lower than the roofline.
gez bay

7th Jul 11 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is just pure love it!!!!!!!!

this car is just an awsome peice of kit.

deffo need an in car vid on track chris
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Jul 11 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
this is just pure love it!!!!!!!!

this car is just an awsome peice of kit.

deffo need an in car vid on track chris

charging the camera battery as we speak lol
Ingham
Banned

7th Jul 11 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking sweet as a nut now..

Out of interest, do you know whose this is? Saw it near Dartford tunnel a few weeks back. Thought it may be on owners club..

chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Jul 11 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like Ians, he used to work at TMS
Ben G

7th Jul 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

making me want one even more every time this thread is updated

i do like the diffuser, give it a purposeful look.
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Jul 11 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then get one ben

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The VX220 Project! - Garage Update- Pics and Vids 23 database queries in 0.0160670 seconds