corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » FA Cup 5th Round Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FA Cup 5th Round Banter Thread
Marc

User status: Offline
16th Feb 08 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a player like Darren Fletcher
Limecat
Banned

16th Feb 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Im not making excuses, today and this season just hasnt been good enough, far far far from it. But to expect him to compete when you look at average spend on a player and the difference is a joke really.

The average spend per player may be relatively low in comparisson to rivals but the total expenditure is very similar which just shows that he bought shit and not only has he bought shit, he has bought it by the truckload!
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
Im not making excuses, today and this season just hasnt been good enough, far far far from it. But to expect him to compete when you look at average spend on a player and the difference is a joke really.

The average spend per player may be relatively low in comparisson to rivals but the total expenditure is very similar which just shows that he bought shit and not only has he bought shit, he has bought it by the truckload!

Dont talk shit mate, he has had to build a whole squad, where as Wenger and Fergie have been through that stage and now they have been there a long time have the chance to only need to spend their budget on a few players.

You cant even compare us to Mourinhos time at Chelsea, as he bought by the bucketload AND spend about £150m a summer.
JonnyJ

16th Feb 08 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man united today

Liverpool today

York today
Ben J

16th Feb 08 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We didn't deserve it....didn't want it.

Nani is an arrogant prick tho and deserves kicking up in the air.

Nevermind....still 5 points clear at the top of the league.
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Fair point

Although I'll wager in a few years your squad wikl cost considerably less in an Arsenal style

Exactly, Rafa has to build for now with the money he has, and also for the future with the kids he is buying.

He could do a Wenger and spend nothing on our first team but we'd not win anything until the kids come through which wouldnt be to everyones liking either.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

16th Feb 08 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooooooooooooooooh barnsley barnsley
Robbo

16th Feb 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Fair point

Although I'll wager in a few years your squad wikl cost considerably less in an Arsenal style

Exactly, Rafa has to build for now with the money he has, and also for the future with the kids he is buying.

He could do a Wenger and spend nothing on our first team but we'd not win anything until the kids come through which wouldnt be to everyones liking either.
Yep!!
Limecat
Banned

16th Feb 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Dont talk shit mate, he has had to build a whole squad, where as Wenger and Fergie have been through that stage and now they have been there a long time have the chance to only need to spend their budget on a few players.

You cant even compare us to Mourinhos time at Chelsea, as he bought by the bucketload AND spend about £150m a summer.

So if I am talking shit why has he bought over 60 players, spent over £200m and they are STILL in the position where the team are not good enough?

[Edited on 16-02-2008 by LETGSI16V]
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So if I am talking shit why has he bought over 60 players, spent over £200m and they are in the position where the team are not good enough?

£200m

60 players including kids mate, which probably make up around half of that ATLEAST.
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and if you mean a team that are not good enough you mean having got to two CL finals in 3 years, winning 1. An FA Cup. A Super Cup. A community shield and Carling cup runners up then yeah....sounds shit
Marc

16th Feb 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

With your strength in depth you should be able to do that and just bring in players to compliment the ones you have.

By saying he has to build a whole squad sounds like you don't have any quality in the players you do have.

Torres and Mascherano should have been enough to give you a chance this season.
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
With your strength in depth you should be able to do that and just bring in players to compliment the ones you have.

By saying he has to build a whole squad sounds like you don't have any quality in the players you do have.

Torres and Mascherano should have been enough to give you a chance this season.

I get what you are saying, and from this summer we are in a position (imo) where we only need to add those two or three quality signings to the squad. Before now, including last summer, we werent in that position. If we'd of just signed Torres and one other player, and not signed..Lucas, Babel, Benayoun, Intanje, Voronin, Skrtel and the kids he signed, then we'd of had such a small squad we'd be fucked right now with the injuries we have.

Torres and Masch certainly added to what we have, and are of the top quality we need to be signing, but those two were no where near enough, and as you know I said before this season already started that it wouldnt be enough.
Limecat
Banned

16th Feb 08 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh, and if you mean a team that are not good enough you mean having got to two CL finals in 3 years, winning 1. An FA Cup. A Super Cup. A community shield and Carling cup runners up then yeah....sounds shit

1 of the Champions Leagues was, as many Liverpool fans I know, acknowledge a fluke. The second you lost.

FA Cup - I will give you that one although on that note it hasn't gone to a team outside of the Top 4 since Everton won it under Joe Royal.

Super Cup - A one off match.

Community Shield - A one off match.

Carling Cup is treated as a bit of a hinderance by many teams so saying you were runners up is a bit lame. 2nd place is the first placed loser though!
Marc

16th Feb 08 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus Millwall made a final
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

1 of the Champions Leagues was, as many Liverpool fans I know, acknowledge a fluke. The second you lost.

FA Cup - I will give you that one although on that note it hasn't gone to a team outside of the Top 4 since Everton won it under Joe Royal.

Super Cup - A one off match.

Community Shield - A one off match.

Carling Cup is treated as a bit of a hinderance by many teams so saying you were runners up is a bit lame. 2nd place is the first placed loser though!

You do not fluke the leagues stages and then two round knock out games against (the old) Juventus and Chelsea and then coming from 3 goals down to win it in the final. And you dont repeat the fluke by making it to a second CL final.

Anyway, flukes or not they were won, so it makes fuck all difference.

Now correct your own posts and inform me of this £200m he has spent. And then inform me of these 60 players and how many were kids and how many actually are in the first team squad.
Limecat
Banned

16th Feb 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I use google? This may take me some time!
RyanSxi

barnsley liverpool have hit rock bottom
Robbo

A fluke
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Can I use google? This may take me some time!

Feel free. You're only wasting your own time as I know you are wrong.
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A fluke

Proves what a fucking cock he is tbh.
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi

Did anyone see Southends result today?
Marc

16th Feb 08 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2-1
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
2-1

Yes
RyanSxi

16th Feb 08 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi

Did anyone see Southends result today?

Atleast we still won the premiereship that season, will you win it this season?

Or win anything?

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » FA Cup 5th Round Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0150108 seconds