corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROVING YOU CAN HAVE A NICE CAR ON A BUDGET!!!

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PROVING YOU CAN HAVE A NICE CAR ON A BUDGET!!!
antoni

User status: Offline
10th Jul 08 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

euro isnt about dish as ive allready said

its about width, rarity how they fill the arches the colour etc
nova_gteuk

10th Jul 08 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but theres loads of "euro" wheels which arent rare wide and euro means small wheels and small wheels dont fill the arches.

E.g porsche teledial,porsche d90 wheels g60 steels,ronal turbos are all "euro wheels" but arent rare or wide.
Georgie

10th Jul 08 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l15ter
there nice but no way euro...

OK, May change it to euro based, they are such as good price.
Georgie

10th Jul 08 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
yes but theres loads of "euro" wheels which arent rare wide and euro means small wheels and small wheels dont fill the arches.

E.g porsche teledial,porsche d90 wheels g60 steels,ronal turbos are all "euro wheels" but arent rare or wide.

I love how people always bitch on this site. this car is never going to be good enough. lol

How rare are steel wheels these day????? lol
vcorsasport1.6

10th Jul 08 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day its your car and if your happy then nothing else matters! just call it 'euro inspired' or something! lol
antoni

10th Jul 08 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

did i say they have to fill the arches ?

everything i said can go towards the wheels, it doesnt say they MUST did it? teledials and d90's are usualy wide 7j + and ronal turbos aint reall euro wheels in my opinion

i can safely say that euro is now a muchly over used term and is usualy used by either the fan boys or people trying to jump on a bandwagon and thus i shall no longer use the term
Georgie

10th Jul 08 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vcorsasport1.6
at the end of the day its your car and if your happy then nothing else matters! just call it 'euro inspired' or something! lol

Thanks. . . .

1. I am on a budget because having a super smooth euro corsa is way down my list
2. The though of driving a car without suspension is hell when you travel miles like I do
3. I go mountain biking and the car need to get up mountain paths alot.
Georgie

10th Jul 08 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kangaroojack
quote:

did i say they have to fill the arches ?

everything i said can go towards the wheels, it doesnt say they MUST did it? teledials and d90's are usualy wide 7j + and ronal turbos aint reall euro wheels in my opinion

i can safely say that euro is now a muchly over used term and is usualy used by either the fan boys or people trying to jump on a bandwagon and thus i shall no longer use the term

Originally I was going to do a full on euro car, but traveling the world on my year out sounds better, maybe when I come back I will do one many be not.

I am going from euro to (think think think) it's my car and I can do what I like to it. lol

These are all our own cars, and we can do what we like with them carn't we. . .

lets paint them pink . . . maybe not
vcorsasport1.6

10th Jul 08 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

well said mate!
still, no harm in taking inspiration from euro corsa's
Adam C
Premium Member

11th Jul 08 at 02:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By any chance do you own a Max Power Corsa Haynes Manual?

Im guessing from the pictures

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
l15ter

11th Jul 08 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day you put the thread up, its the whole point of it, get other peoples views (good or bad)

the next thing is, maybe you should of researched other cars which are euro, looking at ideas, parts and mainly cost....cant afford it either dont do it or save up..stop rushing!

last of all..pretty much every one on corsasport has there car lowered knowning tht there giving up comfort for handling and looks..no matter how many miles they do..i do 25000 miles a year just going 2 college and work, my corsa is lowered 60mm and i knew that i wasnt gona have comfort when i did it.i also hav weller wheel wheels same as kangeroojack but mine are 13" rim 8" wide with an offset of -3, they stick out loads (havnt got any wheels for the front yet) but i dnt hav them on my car as i dnt want to get pulled for it, thats why i have rota alloys coz there road legal and strong..

at the end of the day having german font pressed plate with some dished rims doesnt make it euro..far less euro if it hasnt been lowered and sites like a 4x4 and until you notices this everyone is gona keep on at you because there expecting something euro when its not

on a budget then get those rims for £150 but change the name from euro to something which actually describes you project
Georgie

11th Jul 08 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
at the end of the day you put the thread up, its the whole point of it, get other peoples views (good or bad)

the next thing is, maybe you should of researched other cars which are euro, looking at ideas, parts and mainly cost....cant afford it either dont do it or save up..stop rushing!

last of all..pretty much every one on corsasport has there car lowered knowning tht there giving up comfort for handling and looks..no matter how many miles they do..i do 25000 miles a year just going 2 college and work, my corsa is lowered 60mm and i knew that i wasnt gona have comfort when i did it.i also hav weller wheel wheels same as kangeroojack but mine are 13" rim 8" wide with an offset of -3, they stick out loads (havnt got any wheels for the front yet) but i dnt hav them on my car as i dnt want to get pulled for it, thats why i have rota alloys coz there road legal and strong..

at the end of the day having german font pressed plate with some dished rims doesnt make it euro..far less euro if it hasnt been lowered and sites like a 4x4 and until you notices this everyone is gona keep on at you because there expecting something euro when its not

on a budget then get those rims for £150 but change the name from euro to something which actually describes you project

Well said, I like reading other people treads, but i don't know why people slate other peoples car, not just mine, but its on some other people threads and they got some sweet rides.

I want it slammed but it's getting the car from A2B, around where i live there some serious bigg bumps and I don't want to rip bumpers off every 2 mins lol. plus I had mini before this car, which to be honest was gutted I sold for a corsa,

I have noticed with the Mini I got out of 2 parking tickets just cause the attendant loved it, a police man was giving out asbo's to everyone for people parking in this car park and another copper said nice car mate, don't go in the car park for about 20mins.

I been pulled 3 times with the corsa and never been done in the mini.
l15ter

11th Jul 08 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good that you changed the name of the thread...got rims yet?
Georgie

11th Jul 08 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
good that you changed the name of the thread...got rims yet?

They are in Manchester, bit of a drive from South Wales, I am having to sort a them out think DHL is collecting them.
l15ter

11th Jul 08 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot rims you getting?
Georgie

11th Jul 08 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
wot rims you getting?

Them momo's I can't turn them down for 150.
l15ter

11th Jul 08 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

condition?
Georgie

11th Jul 08 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
condition?

I do have pic's look in real good condition.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120281394534&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002

I don't mind doing a bit of work for that price.
l15ter

11th Jul 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bad..you gona lower it?
Georgie

11th Jul 08 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
not bad..you gona lower it?

Yea, I was going to go lower, but I am looking at 40, but thats it my car is a work horse with the mountain biking and alot of traveling, plus my town is speed bump hell, with real big speed bumps.
l15ter

11th Jul 08 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just springs?or springs and shocks?
Georgie

11th Jul 08 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
just springs?or springs and shocks?

I got Spax adj, so it's the full set up, got if super cheap from Halfords. I work there see
antoni

11th Jul 08 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice title edit and it is true look at my picture

<<<<<<<<

cost ALOT less than what alot of people think and that has -80mm's at the bacl
Georgie

11th Jul 08 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nice title edit and it is true look at my picture

<<<<<<<<

cost ALOT less than what alot of people think and that has -80mm's at the bacl

Lol. . . It needed to be changed. . . I have check out your pic's
Georgie

21st Jul 08 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels should be coming today

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROVING YOU CAN HAVE A NICE CAR ON A BUDGET!!! 24 database queries in 0.0181408 seconds