corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Budget Track Cars..... 5k and less'ish

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Budget Track Cars..... 5k and less'ish
Daimo B

User status: Offline
5th Nov 08 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude, why is it every time you have posted, you get flamed.

Does it not sink in your head you might be doing something wrong?

Jesus f-ing nora

AK, aye but imagine the fun doing it
Corsa_Sport21

5th Nov 08 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Dude, why is it every time you have posted, you get flamed.

Does it not sink in your head you might be doing something wrong?

Jesus f-ing nora

AK, aye but imagine the fun doing it

So having an opinion and piping up when i feel the need too is wrong??
AK

5th Nov 08 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...really.... you feel the need to be completly wrong in this thread? Spam it?

I'm getting lost trying to think what your actually trying to say now

Your moaning that my topic title is 'Track Cars'..... A car this is used on track.

My comment (ages ago in another thread) to you was about your comment that ITR's were meant for race tracks, designed etc. You/I/anybody can use any car on track.... that doesnt mean its not a road car, or that it was factory built for track.
Corsa_Sport21

5th Nov 08 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes my wording(to begin with) implied that the ITR was designed to be used on track.However i changed it to something more suitable,implying that the ITR was designed for fast road use,and also that it would be a capable car on track.

If u dis-agree,can u explain why Honda made the car with all the fancy suspension,LSD and Brembos etc??
Tom

5th Nov 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Yes my wording(to begin with) implied that the ITR was designed to be used on track.However i changed it to something more suitable,implying that the ITR was designed for fast road use,and also that it would be a capable car on track.

If u dis-agree,can u explain why Honda made the car with all the fancy suspension,LSD and Brembos etc??

Why does it matter
Fee

5th Nov 08 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh holy shit

Anyone can make any road car a track car
It does not mean that it was meant to be a track car, it does not mean that it's any good at being a track car, it does not mean that it can't still be used on the road

for instance

quote:

Eg.No interior is better than having full road trim:Less weight +1
Full roll cage to stiffen up the chassis thus making it corner better:+2
Full roll cage incase an accident happens and the car goes into a tumble therefor helps save the life of the occupants in the car:+3
Bigger brakes reducing the chance of brake fade after hard driving:+4
Uprated suspension to help corner faster and keep the car lower to the ground,and to reduce body roll:+5

our skyline has had all this done and more....it is used as our 'track car'
It started off as a road car, it is still road legal, it is still used on the road on the odd occasion

The whole point of this thread is to find a car that we can use as another track car...
So all your posts in here are just pointless
we're not stupid....we know that imprezas, 306s, 205s can be driven on the road...we want one that we can turn into a track car

:wornoutsmiley:
AK

5th Nov 08 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Ok... so you edited your post after comments were made.. well done.

ARGGHHH, I'm not going to explain it to you again! Just please leave this thread if you arent contributing.
Ste L

5th Nov 08 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa_sport, justr leave the thread, and STFU, your view's are unwanted or have nothing to do with this thread really
AK

5th Nov 08 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its decided.

Impreza STi RA or R - Version IV if possible - Buy it after Christmas as Fee wants some expensive boots.

Done Deal.

Andy Stocker man.... whats your plans with your car? STi II is it?
Corsa_Sport21

5th Nov 08 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste L
Corsa_sport, justr leave the thread, and STFU, your view's are unwanted or have nothing to do with this thread really

Pipe back down,and get off the CS bandwaggon.

[Edited on 05-11-2008 by Corsa_Sport21]
AK

5th Nov 08 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last word......
Rob R

5th Nov 08 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The DC2 is alot more track orientated than the DC5 and the DC2 didn't come with brembos, only standard caliper set up on 280mm discs on post 98 spec and 260mm on pre 98 spec.

Leon Cupra R comes with brembos but it aint track orientated
Corsa_Sport21

6th Nov 08 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob R
quote:

The DC2 is alot more track orientated than the DC5 and the DC2 didn't come with brembos, only standard caliper set up on 280mm discs on post 98 spec and 260mm on pre 98 spec.

Leon Cupra R comes with brembos but it aint track orientated

But does the LCR come with an LSD and fancy suspension to make it the best handling FWD car ever made??
AK

6th Nov 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is an opinion.... have you driven evert FWD car ever made to be able to say that?
Whats so fancy about an Integra's suspension.... why are they one of the first things changed when making the car more track capable.

You are a complete and utter fanny - why cant you ust leave this thread alone.

PICS of impreza's on track

dhdev

6th Nov 08 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

PICS of impreza's on track

That's debatable, all four wheels off

[Edited on 06-11-2008 by dhdev]
AK

6th Nov 08 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye.... Kev has a bit of a rep for cutting corners
Xs

6th Nov 08 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not stretch and buy that radical on trackscotland? I started building a corsa thinking it would be cheap, but now looking back I would have been better buying a scooby or something. doh.
AK

6th Nov 08 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A radical would be fun, but thinking that I'd want a bit of 'sport' on track, and to maybe do a few TA rounds....

Radical just humps most things on track, and isnt eligable for TA
jr

6th Nov 08 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found a group N ITR prepared by the btcc team, how about that

15k too
Rob R

6th Nov 08 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But does the LCR come with an LSD and fancy suspension to make it the best handling FWD car ever made??

As far as I know DC2's and DC5's come with standard shocks and springs out the factory, not compression and rebound adjustable coilovers so I'd hardly say it's fancy.

Any manufacture is capable of adapting their suspension set up to make it handle better, but i doubt 62 year old Mildred wants to be rattled and bumped to death on the weekly commute to Tesco in her LCR.
Corsa_Sport21

6th Nov 08 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

As far as I know DC2's and DC5's come with standard shocks and springs out the factory, not compression and rebound adjustable coilovers so I'd hardly say it's fancy.

Any manufacture is capable of adapting their suspension set up to make it handle better, but i doubt 62 year old Mildred wants to be rattled and bumped to death on the weekly commute to Tesco in her LCR.

Springs and shocks isnt everything that makes a good handling car.
And coilovers arent always the best solution either.

Does the ITR have double wishbone suspension front and rear??
Rob R

6th Nov 08 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You are a proon. I said they only come with springs and shocks- nothing fantastic like the OEM fitted electronic damping adjustment available on some Starlets. Was hardly referring to an after market G Max kit was I.

I also never said coilovers were the best solution. I simply implied Honda done a good job in setting up the OEM suspension and the right R&D every manufacture could do the same BUT not everyone wants to buy a car that would be happier on the track then on the road.

Think before typing
Corsa_Sport21

6th Nov 08 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

You are a proon. I said they only come with springs and shocks- nothing fantastic like the OEM fitted electronic damping adjustment available on some Starlets. Was hardly referring to an after market G Max kit was I.

I also never said coilovers were the best solution. I simply implied Honda done a good job in setting up the OEM suspension and the right R&D every manufacture could do the same BUT not everyone wants to buy a car that would be happier on the track then on the road.

Think before typing

No but u specifically chose coilovers over a spring and shock combo.U said they didnt fit nothing fancy like coilovers.Coilovers arent fancy on all cars.A good spring and shock combo,can be just as good,if not better.

I have been in a bog standard DC2,now while its not the quickest in a straight line,it sure as hell makes up for it in the corners.And i think that changing the OEM suspension all together,will ruin it,not make it better on the road.

Fee

6th Nov 08 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh my goodness...go away
Rob R

6th Nov 08 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

No but u specifically chose coilovers over a spring and shock combo.U said they didnt fit nothing fancy like coilovers.Coilovers arent fancy on all cars.A good spring and shock combo,can be just as good,if not better.

I have been in a bog standard DC2,now while its not the quickest in a straight line,it sure as hell makes up for it in the corners.And i think that changing the OEM suspension all together,will ruin it,not make it better on the road.

I offered coilovers as a comparison mate, like comparing maltesers to revels! I said it only came with shocks and springs- therefore implying that springs and shocks can offer, and in this instance have offered a very good set up.

I disagree with you saying that it can't be bettered and chaging it will "ruin it."

I'd put money on a fast road setup improving the cars feel and handling on the road. A wel set up coilover system and camber adjustment and the car would be even better on track.

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Budget Track Cars..... 5k and less'ish 22 database queries in 0.0173631 seconds