corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football thread - sponsored by Eduardo's Diving Suppliers Ltd.

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend football thread - sponsored by Eduardo's Diving Suppliers Ltd.
jr

User status: Offline
30th Aug 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by jr
torres, diver, lawro is a cunt

Is that what Lawro said?

no he said something along the lines of he was expecting contact so went down
Hammer

30th Aug 09 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
fucking lol!!!!!!!

Celtic the pillar of sporting integrity have just had a man sent off for diving

i thought diving was dispicable?

even better its the plastic thats off

Where have Celtic done or said anything about diving? You are that blinded by bitter anger you don't even understand wtf is going on. It just happened to be Celtic Eduardo dived against, there was and is no complaint from anyone at Celtic. McGeady dived, he was booked and that's that.

Oh and just to add to the general feel of the thread, you are a complete cunt

[Edited on 30-08-2009 by Hammer]
Ben J

31st Aug 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh I think the powers that be at Celtic kicked up a big fuss, but they have every right. Diving is a disgrace. I have no problem with bans for diving as long as it is consistent.
Hammer

31st Aug 09 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Tbh I think the powers that be at Celtic kicked up a big fuss, but they have every right. Diving is a disgrace. I have no problem with bans for diving as long as it is consistent.

No they never, our manager has said he doesn't GAF and the board have done and said nothing. The most that came from Celtic was from a player that now plays for Bari, the whole issue has been driven firstly by Gordon Smith at the SFA and secondly the tabloid media.
Cosmo

31st Aug 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr
torres, diver, lawro is a cunt

Is that what Lawro said?

no he said something along the lines of he was expecting contact so went down

tbh it was just a good challenge that got the ball and Torres. He went down as their was contact, but never even asked for a pen, or looked in the direction of the ref for anything.
Ben J

31st Aug 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is anyone else sick of talking about diving and penalties... This week has been a nightmare.
Cosmo

31st Aug 09 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Is anyone else sick of talking about diving and penalties... This week has been a nightmare.

Being an Arsenal fan supporting a team full of divers Im sure it has been a nightmare.
Carl

31st Aug 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Other than Ronaldo (who id class as a forward and not midfielder) United beat chavski to the title for the last few years with that midfield.

Not really just "other than Ronaldo" though, that is a very big loss. His goals and his threat made Man Utd a different entity . Watching them against Arsenal it was something they didn't have. All the other teams have it, Liverpool have Gerrard, Arsenal have arsharvin etc, Chelsea have Lampard etc. Barca have Ineista etc. That's my opinion anyway, I hope i'm worng i'd much prefer Man Utd or Liverpool to win that Chelsea.
Nath

31st Aug 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Being an Arsenal fan supporting a team full of divers Im sure it has been a nightmare.

True story
Cosmo

31st Aug 09 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Other than Ronaldo (who id class as a forward and not midfielder) United beat chavski to the title for the last few years with that midfield.

Not really just "other than Ronaldo" though, that is a very big loss. His goals and his threat made Man Utd a different entity . Watching them against Arsenal it was something they didn't have. All the other teams have it, Liverpool have Gerrard, Arsenal have arsharvin etc, Chelsea have Lampard etc. Barca have Ineista etc. That's my opinion anyway, I hope i'm worng i'd much prefer Man Utd or Liverpool to win that Chelsea.

United have Rooney, and as much as I hate to defend United, he is/was every bit a talisman for United as Ronaldo used to be and all those players above are for their club.

And I think you misunderstood what I was saying with 'other than Ronaldo'. I was pointing out that although United have this shite midfield that whoever it was I was replying to was trying to point out - its the same shite midfield that has managed to win the league the last 3yrs....and my comment was that I dont class Ronaldo as a midfielder anyway so their midfield is basically the same as previous seasons.
Marc

31st Aug 09 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In other words, you rate our midfield Cosmoan?
Cosmo

31st Aug 09 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I do think it is weaker compared to others, but I also dont think the loss of Ronaldo has made it any worse as would never of classed him as a midfielder.
Carl

31st Aug 09 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd think you would be wrong to not class him as a midfielder. So it wouldn;t really work anyway as to me its not the same midfield. That was my point. So I didn't misunderstand, we just see it differently. Rooney isn't going to be able to link up the midfield to the attack like the type of players/attacking midfielders we are discussing.
Cosmo

31st Aug 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
I'd think you would be wrong to not class him as a midfielder. So it wouldn;t really work anyway as to me its not the same midfield. That was my point. So I didn't misunderstand, we just see it differently. Rooney isn't going to be able to link up the midfield to the attack like the type of players/attacking midfielders we are discussing.

Linking the midfield and the attack is exactly what Rooney does, he sits that deep that he is basically in the same role as Gerrard is for us.
Carl

31st Aug 09 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He wasn't against Arsenal, and when he is in that position they then haven't got a player up there for him to link with, they need Rooney up top! Would be like playing Sheringham has a lone striker! Individually he's awesome, but he can't be Gerrard AND Torres, Lampard AND Anelka/Drogba at the same time. They won't get lucky goals everytime they play a top club.
Cosmo

31st Aug 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rooney has never been a play on the last man forward, any United fan will probably back me up here and say he is more of that midfield/forward link man than someone who is up top like Torres and Drogba. Having him play like that takes out the best part of his game imo.
Marc

31st Aug 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rooney is a second striker, plays best off an out an out forward.
Carl

31st Aug 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Rooney has never been a play on the last man forward, any United fan will probably back me up here and say he is more of that midfield/forward link man than someone who is up top like Torres and Drogba. Having him play like that takes out the best part of his game imo.

Maybe you should tell Fergy that then since he played him up top on his own the other day! I do agree with what you are saying tho, which is another area Man Utd will be lacking in, which makes the Loss of Ronaldo as a midfielder and/or forward, worse.
DC90

31st Aug 09 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well...shit happens. What goes around comes around. I'm not too fussed. It sounds like we played UTD off the park.....their park..... for most of the match. Suggests we are going to do well this season.

Sounds a bit OTT sending AW off in 95th minute. Did he sit with Utd fans or something?

Arsenal fans never cease to amaze me.

Don't get your hopes up it's early days.
Ben J

31st Aug 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
quote:
Well...shit happens. What goes around comes around. I'm not too fussed. It sounds like we played UTD off the park.....their park..... for most of the match. Suggests we are going to do well this season.

Sounds a bit OTT sending AW off in 95th minute. Did he sit with Utd fans or something?

Whats wrong with what I put?? Its true.
Ben J

31st Aug 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
quote:

True story

Tbh the two dives that Arsenal players have commited this week are a drop in the ocean. Its the media and the whinging about it that i'm sick of.
DC90

31st Aug 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

"Suggests we are going to do well this season."

How do you work that out after so few games?You'll struggle to achieve top four
Ben J

31st Aug 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

"Suggests we are going to do well this season."

How do you work that out after so few games?You'll struggle to achieve top four

"Suggests we are going to do well this season" .

Learn how the English language works before posting shit. "Suggests" is the key to the whole sentence. We won't be top 4 mate, we'll be top 2

[Edited on 31-08-2009 by Ben J]
DC90

31st Aug 09 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doyled that one up, eh

I know precisely what "suggests" means, thank you. How does it suggests this after 4 games? If you go by performances then surely the table "suggests" Chelsea and Spurs are going to be top and second?

[Edited on 31-08-2009 by DC90]
DC90

31st Aug 09 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ninja edit there, too slow though my boy

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football thread - sponsored by Eduardo's Diving Suppliers Ltd. 23 database queries in 0.0187161 seconds