corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool Vs Birmingham City

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool Vs Birmingham City
Robbo

User status: Offline
10th Nov 09 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laugh if you want but there WAS contact. Not enough for a foul, won't argue that but SSN proved there was contact on the back of the calf muscle shortly before he took a tumble. Doesnt stop it beign a dive.
Danny P

10th Nov 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vids or it aint true

[Edited on 10-11-2009 by Danny P]
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
But by that means then is the defender not allowed to make a challeneg then? Granted he doesnt get the ball but its hardly a rash challenge or anything, hes entitled to go for the ball int he fair manner that he did, the fact that Ngog flet he had to jump over the feet (ignoring the flop/dive in midair) then its not really impeding him surely

He doesnt win the ball, thats the fact here. He was never going to if he jumped or not.

If he touched the ball then I wouldnt argue here, no pen and Ngog dived. But he didnt, and he went flying through exactly where Ngog would of been standing had he not jumped in the air.
But Ngog wasnt standign there wa she, he decided to jump, he didnt have to in which case maybe (probably) would ahve been foueld and gone down in which case a fair penalty, but he jumps the tackle then decides to flail around and go down. im not claimign to know the specifics fo the rules becaus ei dont but usually if there is some technicality then it is discussed on SSN or in the newspapers blah blah but nothign yet.
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Snick-o-meter or it aint true.
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Vids or it aint true

[Edited on 10-11-2009 by Danny P]
I dont know wher eit is but when uefa cleared eduardio they showed a slowed down vid that showed the celtic player touch eduardo (literally brush)
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But Ngog wasnt standign there wa she, he decided to jump, he didnt have to in which case maybe (probably) would ahve been foueld and gone down in which case a fair penalty, but he jumps the tackle then decides to flail around and go down. im not claimign to know the specifics fo the rules becaus ei dont but usually if there is some technicality then it is discussed on SSN or in the newspapers blah blah but nothign yet.

Ah right, so a player has to risk an injury now for it to be a foul?

So if a player comes flying in, two footed, studs showing, at his head, he has to take that tackle for it to be a foul. if he moves to prevent an injury then its not a foul?
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so youre syaing eduardo was right to go down to avoid any injury then?

also, is that what carlsey did?
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so youre syaing eduardo was right to go down to avoid any injury then?

also, is that what carlsey did?

Eduardo didnt though, he lost control of the ball and dived to the side of the keeper. Had the keeper of not stopped he'd of made contact with eduardo as he did not jump over the challenge, he dived forward.
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, but did carsley go flying in, rashly, studs up etc>? no he went for the ball, granted he doesnt get it but its not a malicious nor a pedantic challenge, hes entitled to go for the ball
Jamxe

10th Nov 09 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he dived but it was a reckless challenge by Carsley and you can get booked alone for just the intent in it. Like what did he think he was doing FFS. At least Ngog didn't simulate like Rooney and co. does by firstly diving and then sticking your leg into the players so there will be contact. The lad admitted he did wrong after the game. Give him a break. If that happened outside the box it would be a free kick..See Utd v Chelsea the weekend..Carsley unfairly blocked the players path.
I would though, have preferred Ngog stay on his feet and got caught and get Carsley sent off for such a reckless lunge. I hope Ngog learns from this, he's only young and I'm sure the commotion about this will learn him a lesson. I'd be more disappointed if one of our seniors did it.. To be fair, yer all coming on here saying what cheats Liverpool are. We do the least amount of diving in the Premier League, so I don't know what yer all on about...
I think Liverpool are the footballs equivalent of John & Edward at the moment. Ye laugh yer head off when a beach ball scores against us and we go on our worst run in years.. Karma's a bitch lads and it'll all come back around to your beloved teams..

Finally, players cheat.. not one of your supported teams haven't in the past, no one condones it but it happens. Players claim throw in's/Corners knowing it hit them last, would Carsley have told the ref if he brought down Ngog?? It's all cheating...
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ok, but did carsley go flying in, rashly, studs up etc>? no he went for the ball, granted he doesnt get it but its not a malicious nor a pedantic challenge, hes entitled to go for the ball

He doesnt get it though, which means its a foul.
Evo Mofo

10th Nov 09 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://i38.tinypic.com/mb688m.gif

That is not a wild challenge. That is a blatant dive.

Its cringe worthy reading Liverpool fans defend that. Quick enough to have a pop at others, but when it’s one of their own it’s a different story. That’s probably why most fans are enjoying seeing them in their current mess.

Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carsley clearly goes through where Ngog was standing prior to jumping, and he makes no contact with the ball.

BTW- Which banned member are you?
Jamxe

10th Nov 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't condone a dive but I genuinely feel that should be a pen, for anyone.. It's classed as a dive to everyone because there is no "contact" but you see players going down where there has been contact but not enough to stop a goal scoring opportunity, but thats ok then coz there was contact....If you obstruct a player it's a foul, how is not sliding across a players path not obstruction.. Plenty if not all players when outfield just kick the ball ahead of the opposing player and run into them for obstruction. Why should Ngog have to hurdle that challenge and stay on his feet?
How come no one is talking about how we had 79% possession in the match and deserving to win?
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can have 100% possesion but if you cant put the ball in the net then it doesnt matter does it were undoubetdly the better team but brum defebnded for their lives and deserved their poitn IMO

teams have been playign that way at our grounds for years and everyone always defends them
Chrissy
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Carsley clearly goes through where Ngog was standing prior to jumping, and he makes no contact with the ball.

BTW- Which banned member are you?

If Ngog had been standing still then yes he'd have hit him.. But he was moving forward. Look at that gif. He could have easily put his left foot down and carried on running with Carsley sliding under his right leg which is now off the ground due to his stride. Carrying on wouldn't have got him anywhere though so the next best option is to not bother planting the left leg and head for the ground. IMO obv..

>>>> Chris <<<<

Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamxe
I don't condone a dive but I genuinely feel that should be a pen, for anyone.. It's classed as a dive to everyone because there is no "contact" but you see players going down where there has been contact but not enough to stop a goal scoring opportunity, but thats ok then coz there was contact....If you obstruct a player it's a foul, how is not sliding across a players path not obstruction.. Plenty if not all players when outfield just kick the ball ahead of the opposing player and run into them for obstruction. Why should Ngog have to hurdle that challenge and stay on his feet?
How come no one is talking about how we had 79% possession in the match and deserving to win?
Again, when did football become a non-contact sport or one where defenders arent entitled to try and defend their goal... by your logic it makes it sound like you should just let the opposing team walk the ball in the net!
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are entitled, but to do so legally, i.e by making contact with the ball.
Evo Mofo

10th Nov 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The whole country knows that was a dive, bar Liverpool fans. The only reason he was waving his arms around as he fell, was to deceive the ref. Unless Carsley was somehow at fault for that that too without touching him?

Like I said, unfortunately diving goes on at all levels, and Liverpool fans are quick to criticise others. But at least hold your hands up when one of your own is doing it.
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You didnt answer though, which banned member are you?
Jamxe

10th Nov 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jamxe
Again, when did football become a non-contact sport or one where defenders arent entitled to try and defend their goal... by your logic it makes it sound like you should just let the opposing team walk the ball in the net!

It not my logic but football has changed over the years.. It's just a difference of opinion really.. As much as it would kill me if that was Michael Owen I would say yeah he dived over the challenge but it was reckless in the first place.. Look at Macherano against Utd, he slide across Van Der Sar's path, Van Der Sar fell over him and it was a Red card.. All for intent...Rooney earlier this season in the Champs league I think it was,won a pen..What did he do? he knocked the ball around the keeper and was practically on his belly before the keeper made contact.. All the pundits admitted yeah he was on the way down but there was contact.. Why is contact such an issue.. Should it not be the stopping of a scoring opportunity?
Evo Mofo

10th Nov 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are only banned members allowed to have views on diving?
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Evo Mofo
Are only banned members allowed to have views on diving?

No, but its obvious you are a banned member by how you're posting
Nismo

10th Nov 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a dive! every team has to cheat once in a while! but cheating wont help liverfool out of this mess! they will not be in the top 4 at xmas.

Spurs will be
Evo Mofo

10th Nov 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not a banned member, I am from the diving police.

I am investigating Ngog and the worst culprit in the Premiership - Hollywood Steve!!

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool Vs Birmingham City 24 database queries in 0.0173309 seconds