corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My New Car ***NOW WITH OUTCOME PG 9***

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My New Car ***NOW WITH OUTCOME PG 9***
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 10 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry but i would tell him on monmday that you will be at his door and you will want the money back in cash!

Really cant see why you would want to do a bank transfer in the first place, Could of paid £8k cash easily.

My dad paid for his old 911 in cash and that was about £17k at the time, took a week to get it from bank and had to fill out forms etc and loads of id needed but wanted the car as soon as it was paid for.

Is the guy saying this is a last minute flight away then?

Is there not a spare key?

Alot of things just dont add up im afraid for me.
Tiger

3rd Jan 10 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme

Is the guy saying this is a last minute flight away then?

Is there not a spare key?

Alot of things just dont add up im afraid for me.

Apparently the guy flew out in emergency, he gave me the flight numbers to double check in case I didnt believe him.

I asked if he left a key, to which he replied no. As for a spare, I doubt it otherwise he would have said.

Things dont add up for me either, but i've spoke to the guy twice since and he still assures me i'll get my money back and that he isnt scamming me, otherwise he just wouldnt have bothered getting in touch to explain. And to be fair, he could have just told me to pick it up, and then not have been there, it would be easier than keeping in touch with me surely?
Graeme
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah understand what you mean there but for me the bad bits out weigh the good bits.

If you know the guys name, ring up the airline and ask if he was on the flight and check as anyone could give you flight numbers etc.

corsa-sxi

3rd Jan 10 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt an airline would give you passenger details, Looks like it's a waiting game til Monday, but i'd be sh*tting my pants right now if it happened to me Im sorry you are going through this, hope things work out for you pal.
~willow~

3rd Jan 10 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where is this car from?
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jan 10 at 02:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't wish to be the smart ass here but you must treat this as a scam right now.

Delaying tactics like waiting for the transfer just give them more time to abscond. The money will be gone and you won't recover it because it's not there.

If the brother has the power to instigate a transfer, they have the power to draw the cash and hand it back to you.

If you want flight information, there's a 777-200 going from Gatwick at 9:45 Monday, numbers are EK12 for the LGW-DXB transfer and EK524 for DXB-HYD.
big eck

3rd Jan 10 at 03:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

If the brother has the power to instigate a transfer, they have the power to draw the cash and hand it back to you.

Exactly what I was trying to say to him

Absolutly no need at all to wait till the end of the week
John

3rd Jan 10 at 03:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe anybody who can type, let alone reads this forum, transferred money to somebody without driving the car away.

There isn't a word in the English language for the stupidity.
Ojc

3rd Jan 10 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to agree John, and especially knowing who was selling the car.
CORSA NUT

3rd Jan 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i rang him before.....

U2U sent Tiger
BYRON

3rd Jan 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the latest here?
Tiger

3rd Jan 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Alan.

When Alan called, the guy said the car was sold.

I've spoke to the police this morning, they said there was no immediate reason to believe there is anythign suspicious happening. The fact I've spoken to the chaps brother is a good indication that this is not scam. They said if the money doesnt enter my account, they will enter a criminal investigation to reclaim the money.
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@Tiger - I assume you have his full name? If so, do a search in the online directory enquiries to see if he has a phone number in his name registered at that address. Or you could find out if he is on the electoral roll at that address too if you want to lessen any doubt you have.
Tiger

3rd Jan 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
@Tiger - I assume you have his full name? If so, do a search in the online directory enquiries to see if he has a phone number in his name registered at that address. Or you could find out if he is on the electoral roll at that address too if you want to lessen any doubt you have.

I have his name and address. The electoral Roll shows him as living in the vicinity of where the car was (I couldnt search him at street level, just area.)

I have to get the money back, through criminal charges or otherwise. The police said if its a scam, it has serious flaws, traceable flaws and didnt think it was immediatley something to worry about.

The sale of that car, should I have got it, was all my funds for emmigrating to Australia in a couple of years. So I have to get the money back, and I believe I will.
corsa_godfather

3rd Jan 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best of luck mate.

Hopefully its not a scam.

Cant trust anyone nowadays though
John

3rd Jan 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if it turns out not to be a scam that's through nothing but luck, it's a situation that should have never happened.
Tiger

3rd Jan 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Even if it turns out not to be a scam that's through nothing but luck, it's a situation that should have never happened.

Exactly, we're living in an age now where you should just be able to purchase a car whichever way is most convenient. Shouldnt have to worry that everytime you innocently try and do something there may be someone lurking in the shadows trying to rip you off and unlawfully take your money that you earned.
deano87

3rd Jan 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't they have given you the new keeper supplement. . .can they still not do that?

Sounds shit and half like a scam, half not.

Everything adds up for it not to be a scam (traceable numbers, addresses, cars etc) but then the other side does sound like a scam.

Hope you get it sorted. I guess there is a reason why garages have a price premium.
Tiger

3rd Jan 10 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They could have done, but if the payment hadnt gone through, or i'd have been a timewaster then they would have an incomplete V5 and be at a loss. I don;t think I would have been any different either.
Colin

3rd Jan 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely the police could have done some background checks, I mean surely they can easilly find out if this guys actually left the country or not, you would think anyway in this day & age with all the airport checks they would be on top of that!?
deano87

3rd Jan 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
They could have done, but if the payment hadnt gone through, or i'd have been a timewaster then they would have an incomplete V5 and be at a loss. I don;t think I would have been any different either.

£100 cash deposit, V5C new keeper supplement and then transfer when you get home.

Mind you, easy to say that now
Tiger

3rd Jan 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Surely the police could have done some background checks, I mean surely they can easilly find out if this guys actually left the country or not, you would think anyway in this day & age with all the airport checks they would be on top of that!?

All I know is, he is traceable, I have his name (which is verified), he has a passport, which is traceable, he is on the electoral register to his address, which is checked, he has a bank account, which is verified and traceable. He had ID to open a bank account so he is further traceable because it has to be driving license or Passport. There's no way he/his family would get away with it.

And that is whether or not it is a scam - the whole think stinks like one but is seriously and irredeemably flawed.
oceansoul

3rd Jan 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin

They prolly could do that.. but with all the data protection and other red tape they have to face i doubt they could actually tell you or bot.
Tiger

3rd Jan 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I wouldnt want to know either way. Thats for the police to deal with should it get that far.

[Edited on 03-01-2010 by Tiger]
John

3rd Jan 10 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Transfers are instant now, if you don't take cash always do the deal when the bank is open to check it.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My New Car ***NOW WITH OUTCOME PG 9*** 22 database queries in 0.0130870 seconds