corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Carling Cup Semi Final First Leg Thread

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carling Cup Semi Final First Leg Thread
Cosmo

User status: Offline
20th Jan 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He hasnt made the right decision though, everyone other than United fans can see that.
Terry12

20th Jan 10 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Where have I said this? What are you on about?

I posted in jest the same thing you had posted on the pages previously when some stats were put up and some how you are getting out of it that I am comparing something or other?! Take a chill pill man

Im not wound up to need a chill pill, Im pointing out that I used that reply when someone posted up a load of stats about the game (number of corners and tackles ffs) in a way to prove that United were the better team. Where as you posted it up when I put up stats of gaols scored to prove which was the better forward.

Hence why I said you hadnt thought that though.

You'd argue black was white.
Funny how you don't mention the match stats I posted show that United had more of the ball, more shots at goal. Also points out united passing success was higher. etc etc etc.

Terry12

20th Jan 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He hasnt made the right decision though, everyone other than United fans can see that.

What decision is that? Signing Tevez?
Tevez didn't want to stay end of!
strick206

20th Jan 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

He made him an offer, 120k a week, and 25 million as his owners were asking

From what i heard, didn't city pay a hell of a lot more for him to his owners and put him on something sily like 150k a week?
Cosmo

20th Jan 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Where have I said this? What are you on about?

I posted in jest the same thing you had posted on the pages previously when some stats were put up and some how you are getting out of it that I am comparing something or other?! Take a chill pill man

Im not wound up to need a chill pill, Im pointing out that I used that reply when someone posted up a load of stats about the game (number of corners and tackles ffs) in a way to prove that United were the better team. Where as you posted it up when I put up stats of gaols scored to prove which was the better forward.

Hence why I said you hadnt thought that though.

You'd argue black was white.
Funny how you don't mention the match stats I posted show that United had more of the ball, more shots at goal. Also points out united passing success was higher. etc etc etc.

And all of those means fuck all mate. Last time I checked none of them win you games and none of them prove you were the better side. Christ you could argue it means City were the better team as even though you had most of the ball they stopped you from beating them and STILL scored more goals than you.
Cosmo

20th Jan 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

From what i heard, didn't city pay a hell of a lot more for him to his owners and put him on something sily like 150k a week?

You know damn well it wasnt to do with the money, it was to do with the total lack of respect Fergie showed him towards the end of the season, and I dont blame him one bit.
Tom

20th Jan 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And all of those means fuck all mate. Last time I checked none of them win you games and none of them prove you were the better side. Christ you could argue it means City were the better team as even though you had most of the ball they stopped you from beating them and STILL scored more goals than you.

and tevez was the best player on the pitch last night
Terry12

20th Jan 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

You know damn well it wasnt to do with the money, it was to do with the total lack of respect Fergie showed him towards the end of the season, and I dont blame him one bit.

As I said earlier scoreline doesn't mean you played better than the opposition just means you scored more goals.
If United had won and City played better i'd admit it.

It really is funny how the king of the stats suddenly changes his stance to facts mean sweet FA. Rafa will be saddened to hear this. FACT

Tevez went for the money plain and simple.
In March he was saying how happy he was at United and contract talks were well under way. A few months later he's saying United didn't want him and he didn't play enough (50 games for us last season) and he's going to City for £150k per week
strick206

I would have hated him less if he'd gone to your clueless club because at least he'll have gone for 6 months of CL football. He went to city for the money

Because didnt you go in for him?

Cosmo how many times have you said you was the better team and not been the winning team, loads of times, maybe not this season because you've been shite in most games.

But it is possibly to be the better team and not win, take spurs for example, that keeper of hulls will never have a better game as long as there is a hole in his arse.
Terry12

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

and Given was the best player on the pitch last night

I agree
mwg

20th Jan 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True that, Given was on form last night! Was faced with Rooney a few times at close range and dealt with it well
strick206

20th Jan 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

How? Tevez scored two goals last night that any player in the world should score. Given was the best player

And all he did was run round like a headless chicken. Just workign hard, doesnt make him the best on the pitch for me. Rooney was far more threatening to them than tevez to us

[Edited on 20-01-2010 by strick206]
Cosmo

20th Jan 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
quote:
quote:
quote:

As I said earlier scoreline doesn't mean you played better than the opposition just means you scored more goals.
If United had won and City played better i'd admit it.

It really is funny how the king of the stats suddenly changes his stance to facts mean sweet FA. Rafa will be saddened to hear this. FACT

Tevez went for the money plain and simple.
In March he was saying how happy he was at United and contract talks were well under way. A few months later he's saying United didn't want him and he didn't play enough (50 games for us last season) and he's going to City for £150k per week

I didnt say facts mean fuck all, I said those stats mean fuck all. Stats dont show the whole picture, and just you listing all those you did does nothing to prove United were the better team.

and yes, in March I bet he would of signed a contract. Then he got dropped from playing in some of your biggest games (cant remember which exactly now, look back and I think it was against the likes of Chavski, maybe a couple of CL quarter or semi or something) - it was then he changed his mind.
Cosmo

20th Jan 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I would have hated him less if he'd gone to your clueless club because at least he'll have gone for 6 months of CL football. He went to city for the money

Because didnt you go in for him?

Cosmo how many times have you said you was the better team and not been the winning team, loads of times, maybe not this season because you've been shite in most games.

But it is possibly to be the better team and not win, take spurs for example, that keeper of hulls will never have a better game as long as there is a hole in his arse.

I never once said it wasnt possible - sometimes the stats may even show it, others it may show the other team having 'better' stats.

My opinion was my opinion from watching it. I really dont care which team wins tbh, or which plays better, so it was an honest opinion. My comments about all the stats, etc. is basically coming because Terry listed all these random ones as if that gazumped everything anyone had seen.
Tom

20th Jan 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

How? Tevez scored two goals last night that any player in the world should score. Given was the best player

And all he did was run round like a headless chicken. Just workign hard, doesnt make him the best on the pitch for me. Rooney was far more threatening to them than tevez to us

[Edited on 20-01-2010 by strick206]

Until tevez started really hassling and pressing your defence man city were sitting back, once he started doing that him and bellamy pushed your defence much deeper and afforded them less time to ease it out into midfield. Fair enough the goals he took weren't the most difficult (although the peno was immense given the pressure on him) but he was everywhere and he won countless 50/50's and balls which helped give them a bit of momentum. I certainly wouldn't call him working hard for his team (with success) running around like a headless chicken.
Nath

20th Jan 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Given was the best player for me too.
Cosmo

20th Jan 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is just bitter Tom, its the second time in this thread his vile opinions on Tevez's hard work and can do attitude has spilled out.
Conway563

20th Jan 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/8469774.stm

Another warning about future conduct to come?
mwg

20th Jan 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant we all just sit down over a cup of tea and be friends?

I cant begin to imagine what a football conversation between all the people in this thread would go like in real life
strick206

20th Jan 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Until tevez started really hassling and pressing your defence man city were sitting back, once he started doing that him and bellamy pushed your defence much deeper and afforded them less time to ease it out into midfield. Fair enough the goals he took weren't the most difficult (although the peno was immense given the pressure on him) but he was everywhere and he won countless 50/50's and balls which helped give them a bit of momentum. I certainly wouldn't call him working hard for his team (with success) running around like a headless chicken.

Bellamy was far more dangerous than him imo, like we said, all this is a matter of opinion. We all watched the game last night

I thought we was more dangerous, had more of the ball in good attacking positions, and created better chances, just unfortunately they have probably the best keeper in the prem
strick206

20th Jan 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/8469774.stm

Another warning about future conduct to come?

Ban him for 6 months imo, not good enough to play for us anymore so should stop fergie even being tempted
strick206

20th Jan 10 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He is just bitter Tom, its the second time in this thread his vile opinions on Tevez's hard work and can do attitude has spilled out.

Cosmo

20th Jan 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Cant we all just sit down over a cup of tea and be friends?

I cant begin to imagine what a football conversation between all the people in this thread would go like in real life

Id end up putting a bullet into each of your heads other than Toms.
Ojc

20th Jan 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only way United's fortune will change is if they sign Kieron Dyer
Cosmo

20th Jan 10 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
The only way United's fortune will change is if they sign Kieron Dyer

They dont have the money tbh, they are in the shit.

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Carling Cup Semi Final First Leg Thread 23 database queries in 0.0169189 seconds