corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats faster Redtop or Astra Gsi Turbo??

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats faster Redtop or Astra Gsi Turbo??
DAZ1985

User status: Offline
5th Feb 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

point
Alex_Rally

5th Feb 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just had a c20xe put into my stripped out corsa b, im yet to feel the benifit cos its not running write, could be a sensor or loads of stuff im told, it was a 16 before that the usuall stuff (4 branch n that) but im just hoping that i will feel a big difference once done, but its a bitch of a job takes ages.
Ash_EP3

5th Feb 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Value for money of course a redtop corsa is much better than a type r... I've spent £7k on my car and I've no doubt a redtop corsa would easily be the same as mine if not slightly faster for a fair bit less... but think of all the hassle that one person has had to go through (unless of course they bought it already converted) to get the car like that... all the time effort and monies just to be on par.. (and this is only in terms of speed too!) Not to mention the reliability of the car because it isn't standard. I am really impressed with the civic but don't get me wrong it's not the perfect car and has it's little niggles! But it just loves to be thrashed!!!! So far the only thing that I've had to replace were the 2 front tyres and brake pads.... My corsa use to drink oil whether I ragged it or not the civic barely drinks it at all never mind how much death I give it!!!!

Personally I think a type r is definitely a good step up from a corsa if you're looking for a bigger, newer, quicker car
Ryan_G1

5th Feb 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by DannyE2010
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
insurance fraud isnt something to publically claim as young people having fun. What if you kill someone? Tell their parents or children you were just having fun.

well dont drive like an idiot then i suppose crashes are avoidid if you no haw to drive unless someone comes into you!

Seriously, what planet are you from?

How can you condone this, how pissed of would you be if someone crashed in to you then you found out he wasn't insured properly?

Then wouldnt your insurance pay the third party and throw your own claim out??
Nic Barnes

5th Feb 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
Value for money of course a redtop corsa is much better than a type r... I've spent £7k on my car and I've no doubt a redtop corsa would easily be the same as mine if not slightly faster for a fair bit less... but think of all the hassle that one person has had to go through (unless of course they bought it already converted) to get the car like that... all the time effort and monies just to be on par.. (and this is only in terms of speed too!) Not to mention the reliability of the car because it isn't standard. I am really impressed with the civic but don't get me wrong it's not the perfect car and has it's little niggles! But it just loves to be thrashed!!!! So far the only thing that I've had to replace were the 2 front tyres and brake pads.... My corsa use to drink oil whether I ragged it or not the civic barely drinks it at all never mind how much death I give it!!!!

Personally I think a type r is definitely a good step up from a corsa if you're looking for a bigger, newer, quicker car
no offence. But what has any of that got to do with an xe vs an astra gsi turbo?
Ash_EP3

5th Feb 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3

no offence. But what has any of that got to do with an xe vs an astra gsi turbo?

I was merely comparing, as the Astra GSi T and the type r are similar in terms of performance... you too have also mentioned the civic type r in this thread which isn't directly related check my sig
corsadonk
Premium Member

5th Feb 10 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What gearbox have they got?
Nic Barnes

5th Feb 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not arsed about your sig pal. thats what i said and what i meant. i told you that when you were looking at buying one.
Ash_EP3

5th Feb 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im not arsed about your sig pal. thats what i said and what i meant. i told you that when you were looking at buying one.

So what's the problem?

The civic has been mentioned several times within this thread by multiple different people - I was expressing my views on the car and making a recommendation....

KEN!
Nic Barnes

5th Feb 10 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your recommendation about whats faster out of a corsa xe and an astra gsi turbo is a civic type-r? interesting...........
SportBoy

5th Feb 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

impretzazzaz tbh
Alex_Rally

6th Feb 10 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im with u sportboy impretzazzaz hahaha........ nowt like a shit load of booostees
Corsa_Sport21

6th Feb 10 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by R1CH
quote:
corsa will be a bit quicker than a mk2 astra gte 16v.

early astra's only 1022kg curb weight!

heaviest corsa with electric everything is what 940? lighter ones are 880 ish?

I dont for 1 minute beleive that a Corsa in full road trim weighs what your saying.

Thats Saxo Vts/106 Gti weights and they are a hell of a lot lighter than a Corsa.

Put it this way,a standard Vts/Gti would trounce a lightly tuned(inlet,exhaust etc)120bhp 1.6 Corsa,purely because its alot lighter.

Its been known that XE Corsa's have hassle shaking off said Saxo's/106's up to 100mph.
Corsa_Sport21

6th Feb 10 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And as for the argument about Corsa XE with and without P/S,thats bollocks.
Again,on the road where it matters,there would be nothing in it like for like.
Alex_Rally

6th Feb 10 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
quote:
quote:

I dont for 1 minute beleive that a Corsa in full road trim weighs what your saying.

Thats Saxo Vts/106 Gti weights and they are a hell of a lot lighter than a Corsa.

Put it this way,a standard Vts/Gti would trounce a lightly tuned(inlet,exhaust etc)120bhp 1.6 Corsa,purely because its alot lighter.

Its been known that XE Corsa's have hassle shaking off said Saxo's/106's up to 100mph.

my (lightly tuned) 1.6 corsa used to beat 106 gti and vts, and i took rear seats out but mine wasnt running 120bhp either.
Nic Barnes

6th Feb 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
[

check the facts on them buddy. corsa gsi with all trim air con wah wah 960-980 dependig on where you look. corsa base model between 860-875kg's

im not asking you to belive. im just stating facts
SportBoy

6th Feb 10 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my let with f28 and full interior weighed 1040kg just for comparison.
Nic Barnes

6th Feb 10 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was 903 in comparison
Ash_EP3

6th Feb 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
your recommendation about whats faster out of a corsa xe and an astra gsi turbo is a civic type-r? interesting...........

Again I've never said that, I have made a recommendation on the civic in general...

Congrats on belittling me though
corsa120

6th Feb 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but once again a type r with 70bhp more cant shake off a 106 gti as ive witnessed it upto 100 mph

so once again an xe corsa aint bad again lol

rip to my friend who died in his gti

[Edited on 06-02-2010 by corsa120]
jay2907

6th Feb 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant believe this is still going on haha

xe corsa wins type R everytime end of..
DAZ1985

6th Feb 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay2907
xe corsa wins everything end of..

Nic Barnes

6th Feb 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAZ1985
quote:
Originally posted by jay2907
xe corsa wins everything end of..

one beat me once. fact.
Daimo B

7th Feb 10 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It does im afriad. About 940kg depending how much junk is in the boot.

Mine weighed 1.02 tonnes, but that had silly heavy stienmetz skirts, fulled welded up boot, heavy chromed engine, larger v6 brakes etc... And an exhaust system to rival the tintanics funnels..

940kg is about right. Smaller 8v's were low 920kg region.

<<  4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats faster Redtop or Astra Gsi Turbo?? 22 database queries in 0.0176990 seconds