corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League Games 14th & 15th - Battle of Britain

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Champions League Games 14th & 15th - Battle of Britain
Cosmo

User status: Offline
15th Sep 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I partly agree, I wouldnt be too happy with parking 11 men behind the ball. But I also think football is a game of tactics, and one tactic if you know you're playing a much better side (which United are compared to Rangers) is to play defensively so you dont concede and then maybe grab a goal on the break.

Would you rather they just came to you lot and let you win (as trying to play attacking football would of been)?
mwg

15th Sep 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't tell me that if you were in the Champions League ( ) and Rangers rocked up at Anfield and did the same you'd be happy about it
Cosmo

15th Sep 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
You can't tell me that if you were in the Champions League ( ) and Rangers rocked up at Anfield and did the same you'd be happy about it

Of course not, but I wouldnt expect them to try to out play us either.

Their aim is to get as many points as possible, not give you a good game, so if that meant getting a draw then so be it.
Ben J

15th Sep 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
you are pretty daft then arnt you

why would you be happy to see them lose?

Yes i must be pretty daft, i pay good money to watch good football and be entertained, and as much as i don't like losing, i'd sooner lose knowing we had a go rather than not

You'll not understand that though being an arm-chair fan

But wait a minute...I though boring football was okay as long as you get the required result????

mwg

15th Sep 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even the lesser teams in the PL will try and counter attack when they get the ball
Cosmo

15th Sep 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Even the lesser teams in the PL will try and counter attack when they get the ball

PL and CL are two different things tbh.
Nath

15th Sep 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Teams used to play like that against us at home, until they realised they could actually get a result
Hammer

15th Sep 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think most people would agree there is a line drawn, you have to balance tactics and actually having a willingness at least a couple of times to string a passing move together.

When we played Arsenal, for example, they pumped us (and cheated ) but we at least tried to play football and commit people forward. I would much rather that than lie down and fluke points here and there.
Cosmo

15th Sep 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I think most people would agree there is a line drawn, you have to balance tactics and actually having a willingness at least a couple of times to string a passing move together.

When we played Arsenal, for example, they pumped us (and cheated ) but we at least tried to play football and commit people forward. I would much rather that than lie down and fluke points here and there.

Why?

Youd rather spend silly money going to watch your team get hammered than go and come back with an unexpected point?
strick206

15th Sep 10 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I partly agree, I wouldnt be too happy with parking 11 men behind the ball. But I also think football is a game of tactics, and one tactic if you know you're playing a much better side (which United are compared to Rangers) is to play defensively so you dont concede and then maybe grab a goal on the break.

Would you rather they just came to you lot and let you win (as trying to play attacking football would of been)?

No i fully accept the tactics, try and hit on the break, counter attacking etc but they genuinely didnt even try and do that, they made no effort to really go forward at any point all game

A lot of teams come to united and park a bus, but none have ever done it as much as that imo, and actually not tried to score a goal.

I just couldn't cope with that as a fan, shows the managers mentality when he did the exact same thing in the uefa cup final a couple of years ago
strick206

15th Sep 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

But wait a minute...I though boring football was okay as long as you get the required result????

You quoted me there as if i have said that in the past?
Cosmo

15th Sep 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing it ALL the time I agree is a joke.

Im talking specifically this game, in which case I see no problem with a team who is obviously weaker taking that tactic in to the game.
strick206

15th Sep 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Why?

Youd rather spend silly money going to watch your team get hammered than go and come back with an unexpected point?

Perfect example is Celtic when they played us in the CL at Old Trafford, they actually played, and i can't remember if it was a draw (2-2 maybe) but all the fans would have gone away happy that they played really well
strick206

15th Sep 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Doing it ALL the time I agree is a joke.

Im talking specifically this game, in which case I see no problem with a team who is obviously weaker taking that tactic in to the game.

They must clearly do it a lot of the time, i mean UEFA Cup final playing for penalties is a joke

Joke of a club
Cosmo

15th Sep 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
quote:

Why?

Perfect example is Celtic when they played us in the CL at Old Trafford, they actually played, and i can't remember if it was a draw (2-2 maybe) but all the fans would have gone away happy that they played really well

2008?

You beat them 3-0.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pmsl at some of the shit being spouted. Stricke, Man utd are in a different universe from us so going to ot and getting a draw was clearly the plan. If you cant accept your team werent good enough to score, that's your issue. Yes it was shit to watch but I'm a realist, not an idiot who is talking pish when he says hed rather lose trying to play good football
strick206

15th Sep 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

2008?

You beat them 3-0.

Before that, Nakamura scored a good free kick iirc
Ben J

15th Sep 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh Rangers had a game plan, stuck to it and got the desired result.

Fair do's.
strick206

15th Sep 10 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Yes it was shit to watch but I'm a realist, not an idiot who is talking pish when he says hed rather lose trying to play good football

We weren't good enough to score, i agree to that, you did what you planned perfectly, i'm just saying i wouldn't like to watch that more often

I take it you Rangers fans are all used to watching bad defensive football?

And i'm not talking pish, i'd rather lose than play like that, and i certainly wouldn't go to watch the games
Tommy L

15th Sep 10 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see Rangers playing like that at Ibrox
Eck
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is, we don't play like that week in week out. As the spl is slightly different to playing man utd!! If we played to your strengths and attacked, we'd lose heavily. ANY away point in our group is important, one at ot is priceless. But yes, its shit to watch, as ive pointed out numerous times
Hammer

15th Sep 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Why?

Because if United scored at any point, you've just turned up to watch your team be lambs to the slaughter rather than have a go.
Hammer

15th Sep 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
I can't see Rangers playing like that at Ibrox

It will be an identical performance from Rangers unless they concede early.
strick206

15th Sep 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, one thing i've forgot, i knew Rooney was going to get some stick, but come on, surely you could think of something better that

You can only score in a brothel that's schoolyard funny
Cosmo

15th Sep 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Why?

Because if United scored at any point, you've just turned up to watch your team be lambs to the slaughter rather than have a go.

They didnt though.

Going out and attacking is pretty much guaranteeing United winning. Going out like Rangers at least gave them a chance of a result.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League Games 14th & 15th - Battle of Britain 23 database queries in 0.0179200 seconds