corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » University Protesting

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author University Protesting
Russ

User status: Offline
9th Dec 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dav

I fully support the people who have peacefully protested, however, cunts who destroy public property, attack the Royals, and assault police, who are only there because of the jobless scum who are there to have a fight i will not support, for education, petrol prices or anything.

Do you support them? Do you pay taxes? Do you understand who has to foot the bill for
a) damage?
b) police overtime?

Also, i hope the ***** who vandalised the statue of Winston Churchill get what they deserve. If they had listened at school, they may even know who he was, and what he did.
John

9th Dec 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
quote:
Originally posted by random dav
I wonder how many peoples opinions/attitudes on here would change if these riots where for petrol prices, etc.

Except in the grand scheme of things petrol isn't actually that expensive. For instance Bulmers (or what ever you'd rather) is around 2 quid a litre, compaired too the £1.20 a litre for regular unleaded. Now think 1L of fuel can get you 30-40 miles (say for an average car) where as 1L of Bulmers will last all of 5 or 10 minutes.

Completely, totally, absolutely irrelevant.

I don't need Bulmers to get to work in the morning so how much it costs is largely irrelevant, I can also buy blackthorn if I can't afford it.
Russ

9th Dec 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can buy chip fat if you cant afford diesel
John

9th Dec 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What use would chip fat be to me?

Then I'd just get fat as well as having no job.
mwg

9th Dec 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone fancy a trip to London to fuck these guys up? Massive royal rumble
neil h

9th Dec 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

I don't need Bulmers to get to work in the morning so how much it costs is largely irrelevant, I can also buy blackthorn if I can't afford it.

Nope very relevant actually, you don't need fuel in the same way you don't need booze. Tis how economic tis how geographical mobility works. If works too far away you move closer so you can get there by a cheaper means, just like when towns would pop up near mines so it would cost the workers less to get too work and thus improved efficiency.
Cavey

9th Dec 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Dav

I fully support the people who have peacefully protested, however, cunts who destroy public property, attack the Royals, and assault police, who are only there because of the jobless scum who are there to have a fight i will not support, for education, petrol prices or anything.

Do you support them? Do you pay taxes? Do you understand who has to foot the bill for
a) damage?
b) police overtime?

Also, i hope the ***** who vandalised the statue of Winston Churchill get what they deserve. If they had listened at school, they may even know who he was, and what he did.

well said
Russ

9th Dec 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Nope very relevant actually, you don't need fuel in the same way you don't need booze. Tis how economic tis how geographical mobility works. If works too far away you move closer so you can get there by a cheaper means, just like when towns would pop up near mines so it would cost the workers less to get too work and thus improved efficiency.
John

9th Dec 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So we should all go back in time to make fuel a luxury instead of a necessity, what a load of bollocks.
mwg

9th Dec 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get the feeling that you are looking for an argument
Russ

9th Dec 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Dav

a) damage?
b) police overtime?

well said
I don't agree with why they are protesting, but i support peaceful protest.

They have just shown a picture on sky of some greasy cambridge type swinging on a union jack flag at the cenotaph. They deserve to die.
Tiesto

9th Dec 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by random dav
I wonder how many peoples opinions/attitudes on here would change if these riots where for petrol prices, etc.

Except in the grand scheme of things petrol isn't actually that expensive. For instance Bulmers (or what ever you'd rather) is around 2 quid a litre, compaired too the £1.20 a litre for regular unleaded. Now think 1L of fuel can get you 30-40 miles (say for an average car) where as 1L of Bulmers will last all of 5 or 10 minutes.

Agreed.

Petrol/Diesel prices have an effect on nearly everything in this country. Prices of commodities etc. Everything would have to rise in price to compensate, jobs would be lost etc etc....
neil h

9th Dec 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, it is a fun game. Thing is people like too take fuel prices out of perspective. In the grand scheme of things it 'ent that bad.

quote:
So we should all go back in time to make fuel a luxury instead of a necessity, what a load of bollocks.

Why? If you can afford fuel where's the problem.
John

9th Dec 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can afford it yes, it costs significantly more than it should though and I'd rather spend the money on actual luxuries.

If you genuinely believe fuel is like alcohol there's no point going much further with this, might as well converse with doyle.
ed

9th Dec 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd put money on the engineers and scientists who solve the issue with fuel will have a few degrees each.
Russ

9th Dec 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I can afford it yes, it costs significantly more than it should though and I'd rather spend the money on actual luxuries.

If you genuinely believe fuel is like alcohol there's no point going much further with this, might as well converse with doyle.
Russ

9th Dec 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I'd put money on the engineers and scientists who solve the issue with fuel will have a few degrees each.
The people who run Bulmers do too (just saying)
Adam_B

9th Dec 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Different kettle of fish, totally.

Is it bollocks. The man made a pledge, won votes and got into power then broke the pledge. Your a fucking moron if you dont see how wrong that is whether it affects you or not.
Russ

9th Dec 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:

Is it bollocks. The man made a pledge, won votes and got into power then broke the pledge. Your a fucking moron if you dont see how wrong that is whether it affects you or not.
Oh so you BELIEVED that the CONSERVATIVE party wouldnt try and take more money off the public?

Fuck me, there's no hope.
neil h

9th Dec 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Alcohol was merely an example, there are plenty of things more expensive per litre than fuel. I just picked one that was easy too relate too
Russ

9th Dec 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, name something that is relied on worldwide as much as oil.

go.

give up yet?

[Edited on 09-12-2010 by Russ]
ed

9th Dec 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed
The people who run Bulmers do too (just saying)

They do operate a rather large outfit. What with making ever one of those piss coloured juices that taste of nothing yet seem so popular. Need to be smart to do that...
Adam_B

9th Dec 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh so you BELIEVED that the CONSERVATIVE party wouldnt try and take more money off the public?

Fuck me, there's no hope.

It wasnt a case of the usual politicial thing where they fanny around and never give a straight answer. It was a pledge.
neil h

9th Dec 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok, name something that is relied on worldwide as much as oil.

go.

give up yet?

[Edited on 09-12-2010 by Russ]

You do not wanna know how much bull semen costs

Oh and if you wanna be sensible about it, bottled water.

[Edited on 09-12-2010 by neil h]
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 10 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i dont care much for the politics side of it, especially if its to do with lib dems.

i simply dont think the idea is that bad, and that these protest are by a race of people who have no clue about real life, or what they are actually protesting about, where the majority is made up of cunts

[Edited on 09-12-2010 by Steve]

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » University Protesting 22 database queries in 0.0168691 seconds