corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents...

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People still living at their parents...
Aaron

User status: Offline
15th Nov 11 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
It varies massively as the rent on a property is solely based on the property, whereas mortgage repayments depend a lot on how much you put down as a deposit.

My mortgage is £1200 a month and my property would rent for about that too.

Exactly, which is why i was specific to my area. If a property was bought 20 years ago, and then rented out, the mortgage value on it (the monthly payments) for the owner will be a lot less in comparison to a property bought recently (and then subsequently rented out)

Round here, there must be a lot of this going on.
BarnshaW

15th Nov 11 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
cant understand anyone at the age of 18+ living at home unless their virgins or mentally disabled
[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Jed D]

Can't understand why you can't understand it.
What a stupid thing to say tbh.

coming from Jed D the fucking idiot who left at 16 and openly admits he done drugs and lived homeless, yes you had a much better life you fucking bellend
mwg

15th Nov 11 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is one thing Aaron, properties I've been looking at that I could possibly buy if a few circumstances change are ones that need work doing to bring them up to scratch. Whereas for a little bit more than the mortgage when renting you get a nice fully done up place.

I'm not really the sort to want to suddenly up sticks and move the length of the country to a new job or even go to work in another country though so I think long term that's why I'd rather buy as not bothered about the commitment. I might end up renting though. Who knows.
Aaron

15th Nov 11 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah fair point
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by willay

Canary wharf mate, you are worse then city dwellers as you think you are better than those in the square mile. DLR motherfucker etc

I own a property, I don't think I'm any better than people that live at home. In the current climate, living at home is a reasonably sensible option.

Sorry, that wasn't suppose to be city boys think they are gods gift (but that is also a known sympton of working in the city ) I was just trying to bait Robbos Canary Wharf Complex
Eck
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:
quote:
cant understand anyone at the age of 18+ living at home unless their virgins or mentally disabled

coming from Jed D the fucking idiot who left at 16 and openly admits he done drugs and lived homeless, yes you had a much better life you fucking bellend

How did I miss that. The amount of things that I could say about his car crash life that contradicts what he's saying
Conway563

15th Nov 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i was out at 16, im 23 now and have lived in 7 rented or council houses/flats
they obv get their backsides wiped

sc0ott

15th Nov 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imo, the reason why most 16 year olds move out at the age of 16 is because they dont know what a condom is.
Matt L

15th Nov 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

23 and still living it home, purely because i dont want to be working here for that long want to move away from where i currently live so dont see the point in buying a house just yet.
James

15th Nov 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Canary wharf mate, you are worse then city dwellers as you think you are better than those in the square mile. DLR motherfucker etc

I own a property, I don't think I'm any better than people that live at home. In the current climate, living at home is a reasonably sensible option.

Sorry, that wasn't suppose to be city boys think they are gods gift (but that is also a known sympton of working in the city ) I was just trying to bait Robbos Canary Wharf Complex

Yeh my reply was just in general, not specific to your reply. Your comment is accurate though, that's why I laughed
Nick-S

15th Nov 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

25, live with parents.

Cant afford my own place so thats why i still live at home. TBH im in no rush to leave. It only cost me £200 a month, i get on with my parents so i gess i have things pritty easy.

Sure its abit embarrassing telling people you live at home at 25 but i get over it.

I save around £200 a month so ill move out when the time is right for me. I would love my own place but like i said im in no rush.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you really think its that embarrasing? I couldnt give two shits.
Nick-S

15th Nov 11 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends who i'm talking to
adiohead

15th Nov 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved living with parents, could stay up as late as I wanted.
Jake

15th Nov 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:
quote:

bump
spencer88

15th Nov 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
So £750 a month minimum ish to move out, after saving 14k, to live in a studio apartment.

Welcome to life as an adult

No problem with being an adult, but when you factor in other costs and your then monthly bills equal more than your wage, surely the adult thing to do, is stay somewhere cheaper?

Either that, or I quit my job and go on benefits and claim all I can?
spencer88

15th Nov 11 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

So £500 a month easily gone before food and general living. Put food on top at a minimum of £200 a month.
Others such as insurance and tv licence, maybe £50 a month.

So £750 a month minimum ish to move out, after saving 14k, to live in a studio apartment.

Welcome to reality!

£750/month is CHEAP!

Again, this depends on the area you live in.

£750 a month is cheap, if you earn £2k a month, if you are on the wages that people earn in Cornwall, it is not.
Jon_C
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Perhaps some people have some standards and don't want the first shitty little flat in the arsehole of an estate that the council can find them

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Jon_C]
spencer88

15th Nov 11 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would love a council flat, fuck all rent to pay really

End of the day though, a single 23 year old male working 40+ hours a week is not going to get a council flat.
Gary
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
quote:

Perhaps some people have some standards and don't want the first shitty little flat in the arsehole of an estate that the council can find them

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Jon_C]

Or maybe a lot of people need to grow up.

I wouldnt want to live in a council flat, but there is cheap living out there.

One of our bar staff (works 30hours) can afford to live on his own. Just rents a cheap apartment. New build, nice place.

DaveyLC

15th Nov 11 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
How does renting mean you can live life to the full Aaron? It quite often costs more per month than a mortgage does Unless you are talking about not having to save up a ridiculous deposit in the first place.

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by mwg]

I dont agree, but, thats just my opinion.

Not looking for an argument or anything. Just curious how renting means you are having a better quality of life than you would have if you had bought

Like for like renting is always cheaper unless you have the capital to tie up in the property..

What he's saying is he'd rather spend his money on shit that makes him smile
DaveyLC

15th Nov 11 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I would love a council flat, fuck all rent to pay really

End of the day though, a single 23 year old male working 40+ hours a week is not going to get a council flat.

Yeah the rest of us who could be bothered to get a decent job have to pay for it..
Gary
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Renting is definatly cheaper.

My bond and shit for my current house was about a grand. Over 10 times less than what it would cost to put a deposit down.

I prob pay about 50 more then the mortgage is.

Therefore a mortgage is only cheaper after about 200 months/16 years by my calculations.
DaveyLC

15th Nov 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

So £500 a month easily gone before food and general living. Put food on top at a minimum of £200 a month.
Others such as insurance and tv licence, maybe £50 a month.

Welcome to reality!

£750/month is CHEAP!

Again, this depends on the area you live in.

£750 a month is cheap, if you earn £2k a month, if you are on the wages that people earn in Cornwall, it is not.

Its all relative though.. Cornwall is a sort of exception because loads of people own second homes but if you've done well in education and got a decent career then there is no reason why you couldnt be living in a nice house.

If on the other hand you fucked around at school and now suckle blissfully at the teet of society then you're going to have a problem.
DaveyLC

15th Nov 11 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
My mortgage is £1200 a month and my property would rent for about that too.

When i had a mortgage (I bought it in 2006), it was £333 per month. I could easily rent my flat out for £450 now!

Edit - Altough the cunting agents would take a nice slice out of that

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Aaron]

Different times back then.. Interest only as well I assume?

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents... 22 database queries in 0.0186629 seconds