corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Society and its "Chronic Victims"

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Society and its "Chronic Victims"
JamesMc

User status: Offline
15th Feb 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
It makes me laugh when people say "ive been applying for plumbing apprenticeships for 4 years and havent got one "

Do you not think its time to try something else and actually start your life? Are you still going to be saying that at 50? Living in your parents house on the dole?

I want to be a pilot but i cant fly planes boo fucking hoo.

If you read through the whole thing i did mention that and i was looking for any work possible so read the whole reply before you see something you dislike and instantly flame people.

I dont know where anyone has said they expected to do college and go straight into proper work? of course i know i would have to graft for a few years and start at the bottom but tbh im not really that bothered at all if anything i will admit i was stupid not to hunt for work before i wasted some many years at college without looking into employment before... meh live and learn.

In all honesty im not looking forward to being on the dole at all and im going to work with my old man as he said if i work with him he will sort me out some money so not all is lost, hopefully i will be out of this predicament soon.
Ryan

15th Feb 12 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you read a few posts below that you will see i say its not aimed at anyone, just hear it alot and it sounds like people arent very flexible.

Obviously im not going to aim it at anyone because i dont know your situations. I was lucky enough to get a very good apprenticeship straight from school and i think there should be 1000's more so we wouldnt depend on frothy coffee and smart phones to run our economy and start actually making things.
Jake

15th Feb 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Hi

Shut the actual fuck up.

lol
Dave

15th Feb 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem with apprenticeships at the moment is they are massively reliant on employers and the small companies just aren't taking them on.

My nephew left school last year and wanted to be a joiner so I sent him round all the local firms who, when I was an apprentice, took at least one on every year but none were hiring. He was going to go to college full time but there is nothing to be gained from this. Fair play to him he's now got himself a steady job in a biscuit factory and is still on the lookout for an apprenticeship in the meantime.
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your just happy because you get free kit kats
corsajay88

15th Feb 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d

Not if hes diabetic
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sugar boost?
Dave

quote:
Originally posted by john-d

Better than Kit Kats
taylorboosh

do tell...
AndyKent

15th Feb 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
The problem with apprenticeships at the moment is they are massively reliant on employers and the small companies just aren't taking them on.

My nephew left school last year and wanted to be a joiner so I sent him round all the local firms who, when I was an apprentice, took at least one on every year but none were hiring. He was going to go to college full time but there is nothing to be gained from this. Fair play to him he's now got himself a steady job in a biscuit factory and is still on the lookout for an apprenticeship in the meantime.

We're a firm of surveyors who, historically, have taken on school leavers every two years. Company puts them through college and then uni for a relevant degree.

Problem is we haven't got enough work for those of us in the office - why would we pay for someone else to come in and have piss all to do.

Pointless. Nice idea of the government but as you say, difficult to organise in practise.
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the goverment pay most of it
sxibeast

15th Feb 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rolls Royce have a fantastic apprenticeship scheme if you can get into it as do Monarch, Barclays and EADS for example.

There was even a 56 year old apprentice when I was doing evening classes at MK college.

Certainly agree there should be many more apprenticeships made available (Vauxhall used to take on a fair few each year according to my old apprenticeship mentor).
Ricky352

15th Feb 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent read the whole thread to be honest, but just wanted to say that guy is stuck where he is due to his attitude.

'The Estate' is a good show to watch if you are concerned about benefit theives etc, search for it on Iplayer.
baza31

15th Feb 12 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shoot every cunt under 40 without a job we don't need them .
RS6

15th Feb 12 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the answer to his problem

DaveyLC

16th Feb 12 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The plot thickens! They were talking about this again on Radio 1 last night and they interviewed him last year before and after he went for a job interview: They offered him the job at the time but he turned it down!

WHAT A CUNT
pow
Premium Member

16th Feb 12 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people have no idea do they
Ben J

16th Feb 12 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
The plot thickens! They were talking about this again on Radio 1 last night and they interviewed him last year before and after he went for a job interview: They offered him the job at the time but he turned it down!

WHAT A CUNT

Typical. These people think they are too good for jobs that they are offered, but then moan that there's no jobs. They want to walk straight in at Mgmt level on £40k.

One of my old bosses at Marriott started at 16 as a pot washer. 12 years later he was a hotel General Manager at a 4* Marriott hotel and earning £56k a year.

But these lazy bums arent willing to wash pots.

[Edited on 16-02-2012 by Ben J]
DaveyLC

16th Feb 12 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He also doesnt realise how valuble the experience is regardless of what he's doing as someone mentioned before its better to be able to talk about things you've done rather than the things you've not done..

The sallary I started on when I left college was a joke and I worked bloody hard.. If I could go back the only thing I would change is that I would work even harder and set my sights even higher!
N3CRO

16th Feb 12 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

WHAT A CUNT

Why the hell didn't they take his benefits away from him!? Thats whats supposed to happen if you refuse work.
baza31

16th Feb 12 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone who doesn't work should be forced to work in army . Of they decide not to then they shouldn't get a penny . Or as I said above just shoot them
Sunz

16th Feb 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
quote:

WHAT A CUNT

Why the hell didn't they take his benefits away from him!? Thats whats supposed to happen if you refuse work.

Government, saying and doing is Worlds apart for them.

Well yeah in a perfect World he would take the job and be super happy but look at him, doesn't have self belief, confidence and looks depressed, his stuck mentally in a World where his set to fail.
Needs a good wake up call.

Did they offer him a random job or something with radio1 ?
Gary
Premium Member

16th Feb 12 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Anyone who doesn't work should be forced to work in army . Of they decide not to then they shouldn't get a penny . Or as I said above just shoot them

Or make Doleybay.com so we can bid on doleys to come and be our bitch for the week. Got alsorts of jobs for them to do!
baza31

16th Feb 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Or make Doleybay.com so we can bid on doleys to come and be our bitch for the week. Got alsorts of jobs for them to do!

Fit women would make more
Gary
Premium Member

16th Feb 12 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Fit women would make more

Fit women who dont have 'jobs' are prostitutes

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Society and its "Chronic Victims" 22 database queries in 0.0166459 seconds