corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Confirmed - New AStra VXR info....

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Confirmed - New AStra VXR info....
chrisritch

User status: Offline
12th Mar 12 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
No. I would expect it to be a hard/firm ride tat couldn't tackle speed bumps and pot holes at speed.

You are after all buying a sports car. Which will cope with road conditions in this country different to those compared with a regular gtc bottom of the car.

If you were hoping for a smooth comfy ride when buying one of these and got a hard bumpy ride, then more fool you.

Sports Car Its a fucking Vauxhall hatchback.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Mar 12 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It either is or isnt a sports car, i dont particularly care enough to make that distinction tbh, however you cant say a Vauxhall Astra is a sports car but a Ford Focus isnt.
Cybermonkey

12th Mar 12 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
No. I would expect it to be a hard/firm ride tat couldn't tackle speed bumps and pot holes at speed.

You are after all buying a sports car. Which will cope with road conditions in this country different to those compared with a regular gtc bottom of the car.

If you were hoping for a smooth comfy ride when buying one of these and got a hard bumpy ride, then more fool you.

Sports Car Its a fucking Vauxhall hatchback.

I agree. The term hot hatch is more appropriate for cars like this.
smcGSI16V

12th Mar 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sports car, hot hatch, what ever the fuck type car you want to catogorize it in to.

You know what I mean.

but the same applies across the board for anything sporty.
3CorsaMeal

12th Mar 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They need a coupe, and not an astra with the roof cut off this time
smcGSI16V

12th Mar 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or a Vauxhall equivalent of that horrid new mini coupe thing.
Ben G

12th Mar 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's categorised a performance hatch iirc.
Ben G

12th Mar 12 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

is an astra vxr is a ''sports car'' as you put it, how is a focus st not?

As I never said it wasn't. But now you mention it, it isn't really. Only available in 5 door which means its not exactly a sports car/hot hatch. More a breathed on family car.

My god are they ugly as well, front bumper looks like a 5 year old designed it.
And the fuel filler cap. Don't get me started on that. It's the size and the shape of a small country and a complete after thought.
The new global ford focus is a big fat ugly walrus and who ever designed it needs shooting.

i agree with you but to say the astra is a sports car makes you as bad as an outsourced photographer.

<<  4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Confirmed - New AStra VXR info.... 22 database queries in 0.0092900 seconds