corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New toyota

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New toyota
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
15th Aug 12 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a decent base to start from, usually the first version of a car out is pretty shite, then they bolt turbos and bodykits on and sell them to people like OJC.

Its a nice looking coupe, that seems to have been developed with the driving experience in mind. Its easy for them to up the power at a later date, not so easy to revise the chassis.

Vauxhall would just add some fancy branded shocks, exhaust and brakes, then an engine off the parts shelf to turn a car suitable for taking 3 kids on holiday into a nurburgring developed racing car on the road.

Figure that out?
smcGSI16V

15th Aug 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And probably 90% or people who buy one won't care about its superior handling qualities but will wish it had come with more power when it gets raped by a 20 year old 325i.
3CorsaMeal

15th Aug 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vectra

Vectra VXR (apparantely)

GT86

GT86 VXR
Nath

15th Aug 12 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Vectra

Vectra VXR (apparantely)

GT86

GT86 VXR

Agreed.
ryzer

15th Aug 12 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's all this twaddle about it being budget? It's not that budget at all.

Ok it's cheaper than a vxr, but not THAT much cheaper, my point with the m135 is that for a extra 2.5k you get a hell of a lot more for your money. And the same goes for the megane and all the rest.

I understand the link to the mustang. But if the GT came fully spec (leather and that fancy audio interface) for 25k it would make more sense to me.
Robin
Premium Member

15th Aug 12 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More sense to you maybe but the accounts dept at Toyota not do much.

Sell 2 cars at 21k or 1 car at £25k? Hmmm....
Ben G

15th Aug 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
And probably 90% or people who buy one won't care about its superior handling qualities but will wish it had come with more power when it gets raped by a 20 year old 325i.

You're wrong mate. The internet said so.
Robin
Premium Member

15th Aug 12 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually, most people will buy one for their wife so won't GAF.
Adam_B

15th Aug 12 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ people caring what happens at a set of traffic lights, its like being back at school
Nath

15th Aug 12 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
@ people caring what happens at a set of traffic lights, its like being back at school

Gets you laid though apparently.
adiohead

15th Aug 12 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I ever beat someone at traffic light grand prix then they usually get so annoyed they want to fight me
Nath

15th Aug 12 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
If I ever beat someone at traffic light grand prix then they usually get so annoyed they want to fight me

then this car is the one for you
BarnshaW

15th Aug 12 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adiohead

15th Aug 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes!
JamesMc

15th Aug 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Is the engine basically a N/A boxer engine?

Some chap will stick a STi engine in by xmas & will be deemed a hero on pistonheads.

Someone is using a 2JZ powered one with sucsessful results...

Why are people complaining this car is hugely popular in Japan already it wont take long till big tuning companies start offering affordable bolt on power mods most likely the reason they left it N/A is so that you can choose what route of induction you would want to take with the engine.

[Edited on 15-08-2012 by JamesMc]
BarnshaW

15th Aug 12 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think people want to buy a car with it already there and with warranty, not go to an aftermarket company to get turbos and superchargers put on, you can do that with any car....
John

15th Aug 12 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many people that buy these new will be sticking turbos on? A very small percentage. This is in no way related to why it comes with a puny engine.
JamesMc

15th Aug 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i think people want to buy a car with it already there and with warranty, not go to an aftermarket company to get turbos and superchargers put on, you can do that with any car....

Buuuut you have to remember they are trying to make another cult classic like AE86, this car is generally aimed at that crowd of people who will modify their cars in some way and want to have it still being supported by companies 20 years later.

I didnt say tuning options justify it having a small engine.

The car is aimed at hopeless fanboys who love Initial D too much and people that just buy new cars because they look cool.
BarnshaW

15th Aug 12 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you think people will buy this car with say 5 years warranty or whatever and start throwing thousands putting turbos on and invalidating warranties?

it will probably be a very small % that actually plan that, in which case why not spend the extra in the first place and get a car which does all that anyway?
SetH

15th Aug 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly everything single Subaru that has come out of the factory has handled SHIT.

Masses of grip yes, great handling no.

droplinks, ARB's and geo = improvement

To get it to handle like you would expect means coilvers.

This does not have the power but it has the chassis, I know what I would rather start with.

[Edited on 15-08-2012 by SetH]
3CorsaMeal

15th Aug 12 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its when they are a few years old and bargains to be picked up that i think will be interested.

Probably a good buy in a few years when warrenty has expired, and you can spend money upgrading it
JamesMc

15th Aug 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
do you think people will buy this car with say 5 years warranty or whatever and start throwing thousands putting turbos on and invalidating warranties?

it will probably be a very small % that actually plan that, in which case why not spend the extra in the first place and get a car which does all that anyway?

Yes, why do most people buy a 20+ year old car then stick thousands of pounds into devolping a 1.6 with itb's etc and trying to source old JTCC engines and rare N2 arches which look frankly shit?

As said this car is mostly aimed at fanboys of the 86 who want a RWD Toyota which is FUN to drive basically a break from the norm, im sure most people need to stop being so negative and pessimistic and wait to they actually see one being driven properly till they start judging with their internet theories im pretty sure they will have something power wise planned.

Will admit though the car will have to be very good for people to still be forking out thousands 10+ years later, but im sure their will be a heavy fanbase being Japanese and internet making parts widely accesible.
BarnshaW

15th Aug 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most people dont...only a very small percentage do that, most people nowadays buy cars with no intention of modifying them,
Ojc

15th Aug 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get the driver involvement thing and having fun going flat out slowly but to me it needs a better engine pronto, I'm willing to bet a Twingo RS 133 would do the same job as this for half the price.

Pointless, sorry.
neil h

15th Aug 12 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But but but, it's rwd

Besides, as I said earlier. I bet the issue is actually the gearing, not the engine.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New toyota 22 database queries in 0.0188301 seconds