corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 1 in 4 don't trust Muslims

Poll: 1 in 4 don't trust Muslims
I trust them 18 (18.56%)
I don't trust them 79 (81.44%)

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1 in 4 don't trust Muslims
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
29th Sep 13 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
A teacher (dept head actually) at a school I used to work at was of the opinion that there's no such thing as racism. To him, "racism is just an opinion".

Is that exact quote?
Aaron

29th Sep 13 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Sep 13 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the point he was making? That opinion based on experience isn't prejudice?

Surely he can't deny the existence of prejudice? I've seen a lot of it over the years but no one brave enough to say it didn't exist.
Aaron

29th Sep 13 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was one of the most "old skool" teachers i've ever come across in my 13 or so years of working in education. We'd still be using black boards and chalk if he had his way.

I can't be sure of his actual point, however, after working with him for a fair number of years, i can imagine that if he made a "racial comment" about someone in the street (such as seeing a brown skinned person and calling him a "black bastard"), and was then called a racist by another passer by, he'd have no problem what so ever telling that person that they can label him as being prejudice etc, however, it's just his opinion.

Summary:

I think he just didn't have time for what others thought about what he said...it was just his opinion, and he stuck by it.

Needless to say, he didn't go shouting this from the roof tops, however, if asked, he'd express his opinion.

[Edited on 29-09-2013 by Aaron]
taylorboosh

29th Sep 13 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian im not going to get into a huge debate with you, you have a better way with words than me... I see your point but for you could not shout to an asian player at a football match, "fucking glad you haven't got a backpack"

It is racism...
alan-g-w

30th Sep 13 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A column in a newspaper is someone's opinion. It doesn't mean they can write what they want.
mwg

30th Sep 13 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

82% don't trust Muslims
Gary
Premium Member

30th Sep 13 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
A column in a newspaper is someone's opinion. It doesn't mean they can write what they want.

Why not? What will happen if they do? Pretty sure the world won't implode.
JonnyJ

30th Sep 13 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I don't mean just abusing folk for the sake of it but if I say something that you don't like then Unlucky.

So I take it from this attitude that you're quite happy for let's say Muslims to protest in the streets of Britain, burn flags etc? After all they're just expressing an opinion and it's your fault of you're offended by it.
Nath

30th Sep 13 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
I don't mean just abusing folk for the sake of it but if I say something that you don't like then Unlucky.

So I take it from this attitude that you're quite happy for let's say Muslims to protest in the streets of Britain, burn flags etc? After all they're just expressing an opinion and it's your fault of you're offended by it.

Gary
Premium Member

30th Sep 13 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's just a lack of respect nothing to do with being offended.
taylorboosh

30th Sep 13 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary is too racist to own a shotgun imo
JonnyJ

30th Sep 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's just a lack of respect nothing to do with being offended.

Gotcha.

I express an opinion and you dont like it. Your fault.

You express an opinion and I dont like it. Lack of respect.

Toby
Premium Member

30th Sep 13 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Peado's because of a minority of wankers from my race like Ian Huntley etc.

What about the large amount of Pakistani origin males who are doing the grooming just now.

I've not got access to all the data obviously, so that could just be the way it's been portrayed, I doubt it however because of how sure they'd have to be before publishing, out of fear of the racism card being pulled.

Well that's a given, and you will get it with any race. my point was more reference that we are wrong to assume that all Asian people are kiddy fiddling because of a minority.
alan-g-w

30th Sep 13 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Im not saying people can't literally write what they want, that's a stupid argument. I'm saying they wouldn't since in the majority of cases the backlash caused would mean the point someone was trying to make in the first place would be negated by the fact that there would be a huge furore over the wording used.

For example, if you were reading two similair film reviews and one had the wording 'the black actor's face was hard to make out due to poor lighting' and the other put it as 'you could only make out that nigger's eyes and teeth it was so dark', they're both saying the same thing at the end of the day. Difference being one is offensive to some people and one is not. This is why there is a need for a certain amount of political correctness.
John

30th Sep 13 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

What about the large amount of Pakistani origin males who are doing the grooming just now.

I've not got access to all the data obviously, so that could just be the way it's been portrayed, I doubt it however because of how sure they'd have to be before publishing, out of fear of the racism card being pulled.

Well that's a given, and you will get it with any race. my point was more reference that we are wrong to assume that all Asian people are kiddy fiddling because of a minority.

It would be wrong to assume all are, it would be completely factual and correct that too large a proportion are compared to the community at large, which would then suggest there is some deeper cultural/attitude issue.
flybikeslee

30th Sep 13 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary
Premium Member

30th Sep 13 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

For example, if you were reading two similair film reviews and one had the wording 'the black actor's face was hard to make out due to poor lighting' and the other put it as 'you could only make out that nigger's eyes and teeth it was so dark', they're both saying the same thing at the end of the day. Difference being one is offensive to some people and one is not. This is why there is a need for a certain amount of political correctness.

Calling someone a nigger don't actually hurt them any more than calling johnd a fat cunt. But i know which one i'd get the most flack for, even though they are the same thing.

*Disclaimer - johnd is not a fat cunt *

*anymore*
mattk

30th Sep 13 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont trust them, I dont trust alot of any race though.

Ive done alot of government grant work, fitting free heating for the needy. If I got an address to check out that was in Preston, Blackburn, Leeds, Bradford or Bolton, that was quite clearly a muzzies name, 70% of the time you where on a bum steer. Ive turned up to 3 terraced houses knocked into one with multiple double mattrases on the every floor, no one speaking english apart from one over dressed bloke in a BM 6 series, quite clearly Letting it out to illegals. Thats one of many examples. Id say 70% of the asians I got a lead to got knocked back.

Thats not to say it never ever happened to the Polish, Latvian, Estonians. Marginaly less though on ballance. The aisians were always the ones to try and claim for damage we clearly had not done. They never had anything moved because they claim they couldnt read the info pack we give them (they knew how to get the grant though...) And they never make you a brew. Trying to do the work on Ramadan too. Dont get me started

Another experience is with a muslim girl that works with my girlfriend. Every year she has Ramadan off. 2 weeks she takes, the day the holidays are renewed, So no one else can have them off. A year or 2 ago Christmas Eve was on a saturday. My Girlfriend works saturdays. She asked the Muslim girl would she swap her, so she would have Cristmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day off. She fucking refused. Imagine if Rach booked a day off In Ramadan so she ha to come in...

There are Bellends in every race under the sun.

I just feel here, they are too able to play the race card, and be certain the battle is won.

I know everyone thinks Im a racist anyway, but Im really not, I hate most people

taylorboosh

30th Sep 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Calling someone a nigger don't actually hurt them any more than calling johnd a fat cunt. But i know which one i'd get the most flack for, even though they are the same thing.

*anymore*

Im still pretty chubby lol
Steve
Premium Member

30th Sep 13 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

*anymore*

id say the personal insult is even worse that the racist one, it has a personal meaning right now, whereas the other may have directly had an effect on that person a couple of hundred years ago.
Toby
Premium Member

30th Sep 13 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It would be wrong to assume all are, it would be completely factual and correct that too large a proportion are compared to the community at large, which would then suggest there is some deeper cultural/attitude issue.

But would that behavior of the minority be enough to judge an entire race? Not for me. Which was the original question about whether you trust a race based upon cultural differences/beliefs
John

30th Sep 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not judging on that but I can see where some of the racism comes from. 'Cultural differences' is used as a regular excuse for taking the piss.
Gary
Premium Member

30th Sep 13 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

*anymore*

id say the personal insult is even worse that the racist one, it has a personal meaning right now, whereas the other may have directly had an effect on that person a couple of hundred years ago.

And as johnd is blatantly not offended then anyone whinging about racism is just crying about nothing
baza31

1st Oct 13 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/embed/RWcVguB0GaY

I agree with this chap

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 1 in 4 don't trust Muslims 24 database queries in 0.0256760 seconds