corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  67    68    69    70    71    72  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
4th Dec 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was taking the piss out of people who enjoy that type of stuff. Those type of people would refer to the word banter like that. The very same people that use words like "tekkers" and "amazeballs"
Ben G

4th Dec 12 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jahmazing
JonnyJ

4th Dec 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What summed up Hamilton for me was Korea this season. Driving with a broken ARB, at the mercy of anyone who came to pass him, he got passed by I think Raikkonen and instead of thinking "there's nothing I can do, may as well just let him go" he re passed him at the next corner, even though he knew he was going to lose the place eventually, he did the same with Grosjean and Hulkenberg. That's a proper racer.

Most button fans would be crying that he's losing time they'd be right but I know who I'd rather watch and who has the correct attitude to racing.
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Dec 12 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed 100% with Jonny.

I was trying to explain this to some of the non-LH fans I went to Monza with. I don't care how close his points count is to Buttons, fact is Button is slow and boring, he cruises and collects.

He really does throw the car around and he's happy to have it slightly less "under him" than the other drivers. He was on the gas sooner than anybody else out of Monza T1 in qualifying, which is something the TV feed doesn't really get across very well. As a result of this his car often had a cheeky "twitch" on the way out of the chicane where the other cars were planted.

I've not looked at the stats, but I imagine the average qualifying difference must be close to .200 between JB and LH over their time together at McLaren which is crazy considering .200 was enough to separate P1 from P10 on some races this year.

Imagine if LH is also .200 ahead of both NR and MSC through raw pace, maybe the 2012 Merc could have seen a few more podiums

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

4th Dec 12 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing with F1 is stats are very misleading. To me what counts are what other F1 drivers and ex drivers say and there's a pattern to who they tend to mention as the best drivers in F1, its always Seb, Alonso and Lewis.

Alonso, the guy who is meant to hate Lewis constantly refers to Lewis as one of the best, he rates him higher than seb and vice versa. There's a rivalry but massive respect between the two of them. You never hear Alonso banging on about Webber or Button.

Button is a good driver, very good infact, but to take the step up requires something you camy teach, a massive desire to win, at all costs. Alonso, Seb and Lewis all have that, they all hate losing and they are all moody fuckers when they aren't winning.

Put it this way, there's a contract going at say, Red Bull one season because Seb had to retire, they need someone to win them the title. They get 2 "applications" one is Button, one is Lewis. Who are they going to pick? Anyone that thinks they'd pick Button is actually a mentalist.
JonnyJ

4th Dec 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite interesting what you say about how Lewis was getting on the power earlier than everyone at Monza Kyle. He'd suit a red bull soooo much, that's a car that works best when you power out of corners, due to how the aero works on the car (apparently seb is really good at driving that way but Webber not so much, hence the speed difference between the two), if he was doing that in a McLaren and still quicker on the power than Seb, imagine what he could do in one of those
Ryan

4th Dec 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Jenson you lovely bearded man!!

Disagree with a lot of comments, winks don't make things facts.

Dom

4th Dec 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JJ - Could have just said you'd love to rim Lewis' backside, would have saved you typing out nearly a page worth of replies!

Edit - Spot on for JJ replies

[Edited on 04-12-2012 by Dom]
Nath

4th Dec 12 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
Disagree with a lot of comments, winks don't make things facts.

Tell that to Daimo
JonnyJ

4th Dec 12 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lewis is amazing

<3 Lewis

Anyone who doesn't is clearly racist and also a bit thick

Edit: forgot the fact wink

[Edited on 04-12-2012 by JonnyJ]
Ryan

4th Dec 12 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom

4th Dec 12 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Anyone who doesn't is clearly racist and also a bit thick

Someone on another forum complained about Lewis not being in the Autosport awards and stated that it must have been racism
JonnyJ

4th Dec 12 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was me
noshua

6th Dec 12 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Expected some new drivers signing on with all the replies, not people stating how much they love particular drivers

EDIT: Did anyone see this? Ferrari president basically slagging off Bernie by saying he's a useless old bastard;

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/186603/1/montezemolo_old_age_incompatible_with_certain_roles.html

[Edited on 06-12-2012 by noshua]
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Dec 12 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf Bernie is fairly useless apart from his ability to line his pockets rather well [/CONTROVERSY]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Dom

6th Dec 12 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked up from ScrabF1; looks like 2014 aero changes have been scrapped -
quote:
A number of changes have been made to the power unit regulations with the aim of limiting technology in some areas in order to reduce development costs.

Changes made to bodywork design, originally aimed at reducing downforce and drag for increased efficiency, have reverted to 2012 specification.

The minimum weight limit has been raised to compensate for additional power unit weight.

http://www.fia.com/news/world-motor-sport-council-2012

Basically the bit (1.6 turbo engine) everyone didn't want, stays; the bit (aero) everyone wanted, gets scrapped - genius
Doesn't make the future bright for Hamilton at Merc though; oh well

Oh and to keep JJ and Ben G happy; Hamilton won the 'ERA Club Trophy' in the BRDC Awards
http://www.brdc.co.uk/BRDC-Annual-Awards-2012

Also, Formula-E
http://www.youtube.com/watchv=aDmagYyotNU

[Edited on 06-12-2012 by Dom]
Ryan

6th Dec 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's this bollocks about cars being driven by elecric in the pits from 2017? Fuck that, just let them strap a filthy v12 on the back and go as fast as possible. Formula 1 is supposed to be the top level, not fucking corsa vxr hybrids.

JB 4 lyf.
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Dec 12 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Electric sounds fine to me in the pits, seems a bit futile though when they're hammering around at 3mpg during the race

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jrdn7

6th Dec 12 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Electric power in the pits could be a bit dodgy? I mean one spark near the refuelling rigs & it'll cause a bit more than a bang.

Turbo engines will be cool tho, bring another variation of strategy into it.
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Dec 12 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've not had refuelling in the pits since 2009.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jrdn7

6th Dec 12 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, but those rigs are still live with fuel for other races held at the particular tracks. They can also be used in practise as well as far as I know?
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Dec 12 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they've still got refuelling rigs, but they're done at a much slower rate so there's less risk of fuel pissing all over the pitlane

No different to driving through a petrol station forecourt in your Prius I guess

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ryan

6th Dec 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But why? What is the purpose of carrying an electric motor around to use in the pits? I don't get it.

It's getting a bit too technical and not enough mechanical for me. I like the cars of the 90's, you can smell the fumes coming off them through the tv.
jrdn7

6th Dec 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't go near one of them cunting Prius things if you paid me.
Dom

7th Dec 12 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
Electric power in the pits could be a bit dodgy?

They've been running KERs since 09 season and they've only had one fire because of it - Senna's Williams this season (although i don't think they completely ruled that it was a short with the system that started it).

quote:
But why? What is the purpose of carrying an electric motor around to use in the pits? I don't get it.

Again, they already have KERs and this would simply be an extension of that system (ie: it'd use the motor that's attached to the gearbox). And the idea is to save fuel.

quote:
It's getting a bit too technical and not enough mechanical for me. I like the cars of the 90's, you can smell the fumes coming off them through the tv.

F1 has always been a technical and technology driven series

Tbf it sounds like you should stick to Nascar; good mechanical, dumbed down borefest series for the simpletons

[Edited on 07-12-2012 by Dom]

<<  67    68    69    70    71    72  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0317540 seconds