corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  69    70    71    72    73    74    75  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
Jamie Walby

User status: Offline
23rd May 13 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Strava everything. You never know when you might ride through a segment. I just cant risk missing out
Simon

23rd May 13 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I deliberately don't strava the commutes because I know there are sections and I know I'm going to be last on them on my single speed hybrid
Jamie Walby

23rd May 13 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Simon dont be so negative. Ive got a couple of KoMs on my single speed commuter bike!
Doug

23rd May 13 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have put about 100km's in over the last two weeks here in China. Been on some proper shonkey rental bikes
Whittie

23rd May 13 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who the fuck works in km Doug, sort your life out.
Nic Barnes

23rd May 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

62 miles is what coley does in an evening mate, offroad.
Doug

23rd May 13 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

The Chinese mate.
Whittie

23rd May 13 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When was the last time Ian Chan was on here mate.
Jimbothebarbarian

23rd May 13 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

All the cyclists and runners quote in km mate. Saying "I've just mashed out a 10k" sounds more butch and manly than "I've just gently jogged for a smidge over 6miles" it's a bragging rights thing.
Jamie Walby

23rd May 13 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in miles for cycling and kms for running for some reason.
Jamie Walby

23rd May 13 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe its because im good at cycling and not at running?
Jimbothebarbarian

23rd May 13 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm shite at both so it's always km for me...
Jamie Walby

23rd May 13 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cole

23rd May 13 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
62 miles is what coley does in an evening mate, offroad.

I wish
Dr Pepper

23rd May 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

37.4 miles this evening ..... 31 of them with Freewheelers Abingdon ..... Really enjoyed riding with a group this evening - definitely a quicker pace and more challenging route than I would have done solo. I was the only one on a hybrid ..pretty chuffed with myself for keeping up...No way would I have got around at that pace a couple of months ago so its a nice reward for the amount of miles I have been putting in. Conditions were pretty testing( ie cold, windy and pissing it down)Really nice having people in front to tuck in and recover behind. Kind of regretted my solo sprint down my road at the end, very nearly chundered all over the kitchen lol
deano87

23rd May 13 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst fucking ride at Chicksands ever tonight.

Long day at work, headache and blurry eyes when it arrived. Foot still playing up from binning it at Antur Stiniog and then it started raining. I was riding like a fucktard too.
Carl

24th May 13 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking about getting a new chainset/crank or whatever on front, if I change to a 2x10 will it give me a higher top end speed? I never use bottom one on my current one anyway. I've had a quick look but just come across far too much gargon etc!
Probably a noob question but I tend just to jump on my bike and ride it rather than sit on interwebs researching optimum ratios etc.

Also as anyone any suggestions on best tyres for a mixture of road and trials? Not sure on quality of ones i've got on. On 700c wheels.
Nic Barnes

24th May 13 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supposed to be doing gisburn forest and lee quarry this weekend if anyone has been and has any views on them?
Jamie Walby

24th May 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am doing a criterium race tonight at a local industrial estate.

All sounds very fast and furious for bicycles
Eck
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered a bike so I can cycle to my work Might eventually have half a fucking clue what some of the lingo in here is!
Simon

24th May 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
I'm thinking about getting a new chainset/crank or whatever on front, if I change to a 2x10 will it give me a higher top end speed? I never use bottom one on my current one anyway. I've had a quick look but just come across far too much gargon etc!
Probably a noob question but I tend just to jump on my bike and ride it rather than sit on interwebs researching optimum ratios etc.

Also as anyone any suggestions on best tyres for a mixture of road and trials? Not sure on quality of ones i've got on. On 700c wheels.

Are you talking road or MTB? Top speed is from using the smallest rear cog and largest front. What are you changing from? Depends on the cassette and number of teeth on those cogs. Count them on your existing and compare against what you may buy.

I've 700cc on my hybrid, I tend to go for cyclecross tyres which offer more offroad grip but they don't tend to last too long.
Dr Pepper

24th May 13 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simon - meant to ask....you mentioned you went to an open community workshop to work on your bike?

Is it this http://bsbcoop.org/?

If so - any idea what the bike maintenance courses are like? Getting my new bike in the next couple of weeks and it really might be an idea learning how to do more than changing a tube before I cycle it the length of britain next year.

[Edited on 24-05-2013 by Dr Pepper]
Simon

24th May 13 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the one, I've not actually used it yet but one of the chaps I ride with did the wheel building course a while back. He really enjoyed it but they did let him out without tightening the cassette beyond finger tight so not sure what that says!

I think generally it is good though, I'd just check the level the courses are at and what type of bike they are for, you don't want to be stuck on a course learning how to sort v brakes if you don't have them for instance!
Carl

25th May 13 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Are you talking road or MTB? Top speed is from using the smallest rear cog and largest front. What are you changing from? Depends on the cassette and number of teeth on those cogs. Count them on your existing and compare against what you may buy.

I've 700cc on my hybrid, I tend to go for cyclecross tyres which offer more offroad grip but they don't tend to last too long.

Cheers will do. Its a hybrid and gets used on and off roads equally, although im not going particularly far on roads, 5 mile max and I dont mind awworkout so might look at a more off road based option.
Simon

25th May 13 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reason I asked is that a road 2x10 will normally have ditched the smallest chain ring where as a MTB 2x10 ditches the largest, outer chain ring at front, often replaced with a bashguard.

I converted my hybrid to singlespeed!

<<  69    70    71    72    73    74    75  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 23 database queries in 0.0338700 seconds