corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  72    73    74    75    76    77    78  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Cosmo

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Does this contain any leg exercises or do you all have stick legs now?

[Edited on 22-12-2009 by Marc]

Legs and back is one of the workouts thats in each week.
Marc

22nd Dec 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How you doing legs at home?
Cosmo

22nd Dec 09 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How you doing legs at home?

Weighted lunges, calf raises, wall squats, dead lift squats, etc.
Edd

23rd Dec 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is definitely a change in your shape for the better but for the work youre puting in i would expect more tbh
Cosmo

23rd Dec 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
there is definitely a change in your shape for the better but for the work youre puting in i would expect more tbh

I personally think I can see more change than the pics show tbh, but may be not.

Ive still a lot of fat to cut from around my arms (well everywhere) which is stopping a lot of definition showing - but Im not too fussed of losing that just yet until I do a proper cut before summer.
Paul_J

23rd Dec 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what always gets me is when i go to take pics they dont look as good as i think it looks in the mirror (as the light from flash looks differently etc)

Im back home at my parents now - this is where the true challenge happens... being bothered to do the exercises and not eat too much crap.
Cosmo

24th Dec 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ShizzleDizzle - whats your current workout? Thinking about life after P90X!
Dan
Premium Member

25th Dec 09 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo, mine is pretty good to start out on, im doings mon-wed-fri Push, pull, legs split.

Consists of:

Pull

Deadlifts
Bent over rows or wide grip chins
DB rows
Bicep curls or 21's

Push

Bench press
Incline Bench press
Flat DB flys
Skull crushers or 2 hand single DB overhead extensions

Legs

Squats
Stiff legged deadlifts
Leg extensions
Lying leg curls
Calf raises

I've seen a massive increase in physical strength doing this. Deadlifts gone from 30kg to 110kg for 6. Bench From 35kg to 65kg and squats from bodyweight only to 40kg In about 13-14 weeks

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Cosmo

27th Dec 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ta for that Dan, still trying to figure out what to do after it ends. At the moment my thinking is to take the basic plan from p90X but change up some of the exercises for others, and take some out completely so the whole workout is shorter. That way I can throw some cardio in there also.

I havent been too bad really over Xmas. Food wise Ive not really eaten a whole lot of crap (obviously had some), but I have had a drink on xmas day and yesterday. Off it today but will have some on Monday.

As for the workouts, I did it right up to Xmas Eve. Missed Xmas Day (legs and back) so shifted that to yesterday and have just done another Plyo now to hopefully make up for some of the crap Ive eaten/drank.

Now Ive a bit of time without the shops being open Im going to try and get round to doing that cardio in the mornings I keep saying I was going to do!!
Paul_J

27th Dec 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've eaten and drank so much over christmas... put on a shit load of weight, definatly can see the gain in the fat around my waist...

oh well, back on it now... About to go out for a run to start burning this shit off.

- I don't think my 90 days results (end of jan) are gonna be 'amazing' - but i'll still be in far better shape than i was - so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

It's a good point about what to do after p90x as I will still want to do some exercise, but won't want to do anytihng 6 days a week for a while... whats that 'insanity' thing like?
Marc

27th Dec 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

My usual gym work out:

Chest & Biceps day:

Dumb bells for bicep curls 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 10
Inclined bench press 3 x 10
Pectoral press 3 x 10 (flys)
MTS Row or Bicep machine 3 x 10

Back & Shoulders:

Shoulder press with dumb bells 3 x 10
Dumb bell curl over up right bench 3 x 10
Lateral pulldown 3 x 10
Lateral Raise 3 x 10

Legs:

Leg press 3 x 10
Inward Leg curl 3 x 10
Outward Leg curl 3 x 10
Leg curl up 3 x 10
Leg curl down 3 x 10

Not enough for legs day so implement it in to my other 2 days. Also do 2km warm up on treadmill.
Pop

27th Dec 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so I thought I better post this pre-p90x stuff up before I start on January 4th.

I've added Day 1 pics because to be honest I have no issues with what I look like. Plenty of people have seen me in swim shorts on holiday etc and I've already posted a pic in this thread.

Some basic body stats...

Height - 6'3" / 190cm
Weight - 130 lbs / 9st 4lb / 59 KG
Waist - 29"
Chest - 33.5"
Left Bicep - 11"
Right Bicep - 11"

So I did some of the initial tests and here are the results...

Push ups to failure - 24
Pull ups to failure - 8
Bicep curls to failure - 8 x 12.5 KG

I was thinking about what I might get from doing p90x and to be honest I'm not sure?! Don't get me wrong, I am very interested in what the results might be and can't wait to get started. The main thing for me will be following the diet plan as I really need to cut the crap from my daily food intake.

[Edited on 27-12-2009 by Pop]

[Edited on 09-01-2010 by Pop]
Marc

27th Dec 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're in a really good position to get some good gains from working out, esxpecially as you're quite tall.
Cosmo

27th Dec 09 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is an interesting link about gaining mass doing P90X...

http://www.iwanttogetripped.com/2009/gain-mass-with-p90x/
Pop

27th Dec 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc - All being well most of the muscle I build (if any) will show because there is nowhere to hide it.

Craig - Cheers for the link, I've had a read and it's interesting. Roll on the 4th January.
DizzyRebel

28th Dec 09 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Doing a bodybuilding split at the moment but ive been working daft hours so ive been missing the odd day out!

Monday - Back.
Medium grip pulldowns x 4
Seated narrow grip row x 4
Close grip pullups x 4
One arm DB row x 4
Back extension x 4
Rar delt fly x 4

Tuesday arms + Abs
Hanging leg raise x 3
Ab rollout x 3
russian twist x 3
Standing DB curl x 4
Standing barbell curl x 4
Overhand barbell curl x 4
Underhand grip tricep extension x 4
Vbar tricep pushdown x 4
Narrow grip dips x4

Wed - 45mins steady state cardio

Thurs - Chest and shoulders
Deciline DB press x 5
Incline DB press x 4
Flat DB flyes x 4
Standing military press x 3
Push press x 3
Seated DB press x3
Lateral raises x3

Fri - Quads, hanstrings and calves

Back squat x 6
Deadlift x 6
Calf raise x 6
Hamstring curl x 4
leg extension x 4

Number of reps and weights used depends how i feel on the day, plus some days ill maybe do extra sets or fewer sets - im more of a beliver in listening to your body, rather than just sticking to a set programme on paper too the tee.

Will be using this scheme for the next 3 weeks to finish off the cycle then schangine to an upper lower split for 6 weeks to give my body a new stimulus and a chance to retain some of the gained muscle.

then its back to a different BB split on the run up to summer before switiching to a full body 3 day plan with 3 days of cardio on the final month before june.

It seems to be working, i know i havnt been eating enough thought to maximise gains. started off on about 2000 cals a day and wasnt really gaining, up to 3000 now and am gaining but need 4000 to fully utilise the programme and drugs.

Carl

28th Dec 09 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You're in a really good position to get some good gains from working out, esxpecially as you're quite tall.

Why is that then? Please explain.
Marc

28th Dec 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He appears to have a a good frame to be able to build upon. Smaller people don't bulk up as easily. Plus he has no fat so he isn't battling with burning fat at the same time as building muscle.

All in my personal no qualified as a gym instructor opinion of course.
Paul_J

28th Dec 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Providing pop takes in enough protein etc - while doing p90x he's gonna get some fucking awesome gains

I can't wait to see his results... as you say, any size increase in muscles will be instantly visible due to low body fat %
DizzyRebel

28th Dec 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to piss on anyones bonfire. But pop has an ectomorph type frame which is the hardest body type to add mass too. By nature he is more suited to endurance a speed tasks as his lean physique and long limbs will give him the edge over shorter, stockier body types.

The other problem with long limbs is that often, the muscles are shorter and tendons are longer, meaning they will never have the full, rounded look a shorter limbed person would get.

IMO P90x is not what pop should be doing. instead he should be doing a 4 day upper and lower split and eating everything in sight to gain mass.

also worth noting, if you are packing on size at a good rate, you will also be adding fat too.
Pop

28th Dec 09 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to echo what Dizzy is saying, my weight never really fluctuates.

I'm using p90x as a program to fully and keep myself disciplined. Left to my own devices I might not see a training program to the end. At least with p90x I just need to press play everyday and do the work.
Paul_J

28th Dec 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See what happens. I've seen people on p90x with pop style frames get good results. Ok maybe not 'massive' size like some of you crave, but I still don't know why anyone wants to be massive anyway.

Let's see what happens?
Carl

28th Dec 09 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He appears to have a a good frame to be able to build upon. Smaller people don't bulk up as easily. Plus he has no fat so he isn't battling with burning fat at the same time as building muscle.

All in my personal no qualified as a gym instructor opinion of course.

All you are doing is miss informing people,it's like me going in help and advice and sprouting rubbish then putting "all in my none mechanic opinion. As said he'll tow his bollocks off to add mass being an ectomorph.
Pop

28th Dec 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've posted pics etc because I was pretty sure it would open up some debate. As with most forums, there are always people who have good knowledge of certain topics.

I've been reading more about ectomorph frames and a lot of the signs relate to me. I'm doing the p90x program to get me back into the swing of things.

Out of interest, what fitness type forums do people use?
ashleh

28th Dec 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a read through this sometimes.

Mens Health is a good one I think as well.

<<  72    73    74    75    76    77    78  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 24 database queries in 0.0316010 seconds