corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  74    75    76    77    78    79    80  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Jan 11 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't actually no I'll do it first thing tomorrow a see if that makes any difference cheers
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S7M XE
quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Vectra GSi recaros IMO.

Easier said than done, was a mission in my old sport lol. Then i couldn't insure so had to sell it with them in

Got them in mine, i thought it was very easy to do tbh

and they're very comfy

[Edited on 01-01-2011 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much work needed to make them fit mate? Do really like those as well
Darryl H
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you just need to make that silver bit of metal in the middle of the corsa mount and the recaro seat.

I re-did it with a stronger metal but did it like that to check it worked.

IMO they are probably the best / one of the best ones to do as they aren't really hard to fit once you've made a bracket

shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perfect! Cheers for that pal Doesn't look too hard to do. Think i'm going to have a look on good on ebay and see what sort of ££ these go for. They could be a good compromise on bucket seats I reckon.
Darryl H
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Perfect! Cheers for that pal Doesn't look too hard to do. Think i'm going to have a look on good on ebay and see what sort of ££ these go for. They could be a good compromise on bucket seats I reckon.

No problems! They do hug you really well and yeah could be a good compromise seeing as you want it as a daily

aron

1st Jan 11 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just buy 2 recaros shaun, will complete the interior and be properly comfortable

corsagsigav

2nd Jan 11 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do look nice them what they out off look very much like e30 recaros
zanda101

2nd Jan 11 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

should pick a set up for around 80
There the seats i would go for
Mark.W

2nd Jan 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun those seats that aron posted up would be my choice.

They would finish the interior off perfectly.
3i_gaz

2nd Jan 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo needs a vauxhall style seat in it even vectra B half leather sri seats would go well as there not a lairy colour and confy as hell!
aron

2nd Jan 11 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those recaros i posted aren't e30 recaros but are bmw, they weren't expensive and are tonnes more comfy than calibra and i think look better than vectra ones, all depends what look you're going for

astra coupe seats are another option, they'd look nice
corsagsigav

2nd Jan 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree they do look very smart
andys sxi
Premium Member

2nd Jan 11 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think get the sport seats retrimmed in black and white either full leather or half leather

April 08 feature car
Tomm R

3rd Jan 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have never come across this thread before (i dont come on here a great deal) and was pretty pleased to find this!

I spotted the car in someones photos on migweb i think it was and really liked it, nice to see how much of a transformation it has taken!

Kudos with what you have done, it looks so so fresh! and well done with sticking with it for as long as you have!

as for interiors (which i seem to have picked up is the latest point of conversation) I am also going to vote for a set of recaros, i have a set in my corsa from my old cosworth and they are perfect! look really nice, super super comfy and i am fairly sure you can pick up a whole interior set for quite cheap.

I dont know if you have already but have a look over on ED38 at their interior section, more often than not there is something going for a very fair price!

I am currently considering selling my Recaros for some baseball stitched Audi leathers.

I think that buckets would work well with the theme your car has, that or some vectra recaros.

There are so many choices, i love seats!

Good luck with the rest of the build!

c20letandy1988

3rd Jan 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cheers guys! Had two lovely packages turn up today and yesterday Heres the contents!

After much thinking I've decided to change the exterior of the car slightly. Want to give it a slightly more sporty look but without going too ott. I spotted the Airdam on here and had to have it Then found the GSI which although needs a respray it does have all the original mounting clips intact

Should look fooking ace when its all been sprayed up and fitted Hopefully getting it into the bodyshop saturday all being well

what do you reckon?

my old rear bumper
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all your advice and suggestions lads Got plenty of ideas going round my head now. Knowing me it will probably take me a few months to decide anyway lol so plenty of time to have a good look around for other ideas as well

Cheers Tomm R

Slight update on the churping noise coming from the aux belt area. Its now only on cold start and even then its a lot quieter than it was before. Once its got up to temperature it goes away completely where as before it was constant. One other thing that did cross my mind was is it possible to put too much tension on the belt? The belt is only a few months and it seems quite worn Would this cause a squeaking noise?

Also got the car up on the axle stands today and sorted the exhaust I loosened the clamp and moved the back box back a couple of cm as it was sitting a bit too far in the bumper recess I thought. I then spun the clamp round the other way and cable tied a small piece of rubber to the beam just in case Soo much nicer to drive now with that not constantly knocking off the beam and without the horrible screeching noise.

[Edited on 03-01-2011 by shaunmods]
AlexW

3rd Jan 11 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It has a auto tensioner? Unless its fucked, it wont put more pressure than is good.

Pop the belt off, have a feel of the alternator bearings.
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It has a auto tensioner? Unless its fucked, it wont put more pressure than is good.

Pop the belt off, have a feel of the alternator bearings.

The tensioner is a brand spanker. Was just an idea

Thats the next move though yeah. Is the bearing on the pulley or in the actual alternator?
AlexW

3rd Jan 11 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actual alternator, It has bearings inside and they can wear. I used to re-con them all the time lol.
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
actual alternator, It has bearings inside and they can wear. I used to re-con them all the time lol.

Gay I was hoping I'd be able to just change the pulley bit lol. Its got to be thats the knackered though. Everything else has been changed now. Weird how its suddenly got quieter though
jay26

3rd Jan 11 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did you get the show cage from mate, have you got anymore pictures of it
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay26
where did you get the show cage from mate, have you got anymore pictures of it

I spotted it on ebay mate after searching for ages. Got it for £50! Its coming back out the car in the next week or so to be done white so I'll get you some better pics of it then
jay26

3rd Jan 11 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks £50 is a bargin cars looking good
shaunmods
Premium Member

15th Jan 11 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update!

First update is a small change in the engine bay. Before I had a chrome battery cover but I always thought it looked a bit ott with the chrome. So I decided to change it for a GM battery bag instead -

On wednesday as I pulled out the car park the steering felt a bit weird. I carried on for about a hundred yards then it started making a clunking sound so I pulled straight over to see what was cracking off. Popped tyre Its my own fault really, it had a slow puncture already but I'd been putting off getting it changed. The first problem I faced was the fact that I had fuck all tools in my car! Couldn't even get the centre caps off the wheels lol. So I got my dad to come down and help me but I then realised my 13" spare wouldn't fit over my brakes oops. Luckily my mate met up with and very kindly gave me his 15" spare out of his corsa to get me home. We got the old tyre off and it was shredded all the way round that back! Never putting off changing a dodgey tyre again!

It scrubbed like mofo but it got me to work and back for a day. Then on friday I had a new toyo proxie fitted to my speedline

Now for the main update As some of you will know I've been thinking about changing the interior slightly for a while now. Pagey off here got in touch with me telling me about some seats he had for sale. Fully retrimmed black leather sport seats with grey/white piping ohh yehh! He sent me some pictures over and I loved them! We sorted out a price and I collected them last night. They are absolutely mint. Not a mark on them!

Seriously can't wait to get them fitted! Huge thanks goes to pagey! even gave me a bottle of leather cleaner to keep them looking mint, really appreciate it mate cheers

<<  74    75    76    77    78    79    80  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.0348759 seconds