corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  74    75    76    77    78    79    80  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Paul_J

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 10 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And that is called?
Dan
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been and purchased some food ready for tomorrow.

12 tins of tuna
4 tubs of spices (tandoori, cajun, tikka and tex-mex) for spicing up my chicken
4 packs of brown rice
4ltrs of bottle water (for whilst in the gym)
3kgs of chicken breasts

Looking forward to a fresh start. Really hoping to cut that bodyfat.

My diet, should you wish to constructivly critisise, fire away, because its only draft.

Breakfast

50g porridge

1 tsp honey

1 1/2 scoop shake

Glass orange juice

Vitamin tablets

3 thermopure tabs on training days (if not 1 with breakfast-dinner-tea)

TRAIN

Consume 1 litre of water

Post workout

1 1/2 scoop shake with 1 scoop of 50/50 mixed maltodextrin and dextrose
300ml semi skimmed milk

Dinner

250g chicken breast marinated with spices with wholemeal rice
Muller light yoghurt
Piece of fruit

Afternoon Snack

1 tin tuna with 2 slices brown bread, small helping of salad cream of low fat mayo
Piece of fruit

Tea

250g chicken breast marinated with spices with wholemeal rice
Muller light yoghurt
Piece of fruit

Before Bed

Unsure yet, as dont wanna use casien and dont like cottage cheese, maybe just glass of milk (from what i recall milk protein is high in casien? or something like that)

Training will be:

Mon-Back and biceps (PULL)
Tues - HIT skipping (1min - 30s)
Weds - Chest, shoulders Tris (PUSH)
Thurs - HIT cycling (1min - 30s)
Fri - Legs
Sat - REST
Sun - REST

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
DizzyRebel

3rd Jan 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a bulking diet, not a cutting diet...
Dan
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bulking? Thats hardly any food :/

Dan
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

breakfast - 350cals
PWO - 300cals
Dinner - 600cals
Afternoon - 310cals
Tea - 600cals

Thats 2100 cals.. THats not exactly bulking cals is it :/

DizzyRebel

3rd Jan 10 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not all calories are created equal.

far too many carbs in there. If you're cutting, then you have your pwo carbs and thats it.
Dan
Premium Member

3rd Jan 10 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need more energy, ill be working till 10pm each day.

Its similar to what i started on, and lost 2 stone nearly, so ill stick with it for a few weeks

DizzyRebel

3rd Jan 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use fats for energy then, the idea is you make your body burn off stored fat for energy... instead of using ingested food for energy.

Once your body gets used to the initial cut in calorie intake it will slow or halt fat loss, your next step is sack off the carbs and use fats instead.
Carl

3rd Jan 10 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Use fats for energy then, the idea is you make your body burn off stored fat for energy... instead of using ingested food for energy.

Once your body gets used to the initial cut in calorie intake it will slow or halt fat loss, your next step is sack off the carbs and use fats instead.

If he is in a negative calorie defeicit then he will be. 2100 kcals isn't a lot. His BMR plus the calories burned from everyday struff and the training he's doing will be using more than that.

If it works do it, i'd keep the carbs, chances are you'll just feel shit and not be able to train as hard without them. I smash carbs down my neck morning noon and night, the way dizzy talks about them you'd think I'd be 20 stone.
DizzyRebel

3rd Jan 10 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if eat 2100 cals a day of chocolate i'll burn fat will i?

Have you learned nothing from what i have posted in the past? Understand carbs are broken into glycogen, and if they are not used immediately for energy or repair, they will be stored as fat.

Dietary fats on the other hand, cannot be made by the body, they are seldom stored as body fat and are a slower burning source of energy, not to mention providing numerous health benefits.

Switch to dietary fats instead of carbs and keep your carbs to peri workout only whilst on a cut (the way just about every athlete does it) and you will burn fat faster.

Carl

4th Jan 10 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So if eat 2100 cals a day of chocolate i'll burn fat will i?

Have you learned nothing from what i have posted in the past? Understand carbs are broken into glycogen, and if they are not used immediately for energy or repair, they will be stored as fat.

Dietary fats on the other hand, cannot be made by the body, they are seldom stored as body fat and are a slower burning source of energy, not to mention providing numerous health benefits.

Switch to dietary fats instead of carbs and keep your carbs to peri workout only whilst on a cut (the way just about every athlete does it) and you will burn fat faster.

I'm not saying you are wrong, i'm saying you hate on carbs WAY too much. I can't train or play anywhere near 100% without carbs, I dare say i'm not on my own, amybe it's different for those specifically weightlifting but he mentioned HIIT . And as long as he has a defiecit the extra carbs he is having to what you are saying will hardly make any difference at all.
Laney

4th Jan 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
I can't train or play anywhere near 100% without carbs, I dare say i'm not on my own

Andy Stocker

4th Jan 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gay pose alert

Dan
Premium Member

4th Jan 10 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

/\ ooooo Poser!

I gotta say, i think you do hate on carbs alot dizzy. Ive been reading loads of forum posts about people cutting, and advice from the senior members on some of the sites i use. They all say you still need carbs in your diet, some say 40% carbs - 40% protien - 20% fat.

Others however say 25%-25%-50%

So it seems to me, its very much down to the individual. Im gonna stick with my diet for a while, see how it goes.

Pop

4th Jan 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be starting the first session of p90x at 7:30pm, will report back later.
DizzyRebel

4th Jan 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
/\ ooooo Poser!

I gotta say, i think you do hate on carbs alot dizzy. Ive been reading loads of forum posts about people cutting, and advice from the senior members on some of the sites i use. They all say you still need carbs in your diet, some say 40% carbs - 40% protien - 20% fat.

So it seems to me, its very much down to the individual. Im gonna stick with my diet for a while, see how it goes.

You find senior members are mainly power lifters that look ripped for about 4 weeks of the year the rest of the time they look like over inflated beer barrels.

Bulk and cut is dead, macro cycling IS the way to build lean mass without adding excess fat.

Carbs whilst cutting should be >50g and i dont give a fuck what anyone says, after a week of low carbs and high fat your body gets used to getting energy the way its supposed to, by using up body fat. The human body was never intended to be filled full of processed carbs like rice, pasta, breads and grains etc and consequently carbs lead to fat gain. If you want to cut properly and really attack fat stores, you have zero dairy produce in your diet, zero sugar and less than 50g of carbs daily. Have 70-90g of fat and 300-400g of protein and it will strip fat. Proven to work in labs, on the feild and on thousands of joe publics.

The carbs you are eating are only slowing fat loss, prolonging the cutting phase when it could be spent building new muscle.
Pop

4th Jan 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy shit I feel like death, that was so difficult. It hurts all over.
Cosmo

4th Jan 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to P90X
Pop

4th Jan 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a happy place to be. The diamond push ups are brutal.
Cosmo

4th Jan 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You think tonight is hard then just wait until tomorrow!
Pop

4th Jan 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

... I thought Plyometrics might have been easier
Cosmo

4th Jan 10 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hell no, I personally think its the hardest of all the workouts.
Pop

4th Jan 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roll on tomorrow then, it'll be interesting
BarnshaW

4th Jan 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dan
/\ ooooo Poser!

You find senior members are mainly power lifters that look ripped for about 4 weeks of the year the rest of the time they look like over inflated beer barrels.

Bulk and cut is dead, macro cycling IS the way to build lean mass without adding excess fat.

Carbs whilst cutting should be >50g and i dont give a fuck what anyone says, after a week of low carbs and high fat your body gets used to getting energy the way its supposed to, by using up body fat. The human body was never intended to be filled full of processed carbs like rice, pasta, breads and grains etc and consequently carbs lead to fat gain. If you want to cut properly and really attack fat stores, you have zero dairy produce in your diet, zero sugar and less than 50g of carbs daily. Have 70-90g of fat and 300-400g of protein and it will strip fat. Proven to work in labs, on the feild and on thousands of joe publics.

The carbs you are eating are only slowing fat loss, prolonging the cutting phase when it could be spent building new muscle.

how the fuck do u manage to eat 400g of protein a day and cut fat? I am asking that because i find it hard to exceed 250g a day, even eating every couple of hours its pretty hard to hit 300g odd of protein a day.
Laney

4th Jan 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Genuine question - what about "athletes" (for want of a better word) who aren't JUST about building muscle but about using them too?

<<  74    75    76    77    78    79    80  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 24 database queries in 0.0277059 seconds