corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Recent films I have seen

New Poll
  <<  74    75    76    77    78    79    80  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Recent films I have seen
Budgie

User status: Offline
5th Feb 12 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do... And I'd quite happily go to town on our office printer with a baseball bat
CORSA NUT

5th Feb 12 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Budgie
quote:
Originally posted by Jake
fucking shawshank, fucking rocky, fucking e.t, fucking scene in predator when they are shooting trees, fucking luke finds out darth vader is his old man, fucking anything in raidersof the lost ark, fucking anything in forrest gump, et fucking c

Shawshank brilliant film, but there was no scene that hadnt been done before.
Rockies all great, but the same story, underdog goes up against champ, goes up against champ again, goes up against a real bad mother fucker (underdog again), goes up against big mother fucking russian.
Predator, awesome film. But 5men emptying their guns into a forest aint all that.
Star Wars, might let you have that one. that's pretty epic.
Raiders, hmm the scene with the sun and the staff is pretty cool.
I would say the invisible bridge in last crusade is better...
Forrest Gump was a good movie, but it was a parody of everything that preceded it.

after dismissing most of my top 5 top fav. Movies of all time I'm now seriously interested in hearing yours.
Budgie

5th Feb 12 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How was i dismissing your top 5 movies
I said they were all good. (even said great and awesome) just that there wasn't many scenes that stand out in the films.

Balling
Premium Member

5th Feb 12 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ides of March - 7/10

Very enjoyable watch, if you like political dramas.
Ryan Gosling is such a great actor, when he actually gets lines.

CORSA NUT

5th Feb 12 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How was i dismissing your top 5 movies
I said they were all good. (even said great and awesome) just that there wasn't many scenes that stand out in the films.

The scenes MAKE the fucking movie! What a stupid thing to say

Your top 5...if you please......
Budgie

5th Feb 12 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to some degree.
I mean one of my favourite scenes is in 'In Bruges' http://youtu.be/umPgWSfX9Ns
But that doesnt make it my favourite movie.

Budgie

5th Feb 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top 5:
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Tron Legacy
The Matrix
Die Hard
Russ

5th Feb 12 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what budgie means. Average and especially cult movies can have more memorable scenes than bigger movies. For example napoleon dynamite is an average film but the dancing scene is better than any scene in Hangover, but hangover is a much better film.
Budgie

5th Feb 12 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I know what budgie means. Average and especially cult movies can have more memorable scenes than bigger movies. For example napoleon dynamite is an average film but the dancing scene is better than any scene in Hangover, but hangover is a much better film.

Thanks Russ
CORSA NUT

5th Feb 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
top 5:
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Tron Legacy
The Matrix
Die Hard

Fair play with that top 5

I do see what you mean to an extent with the scene thing. Never seen Tron am I missing out?
Budgie

5th Feb 12 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really, story isnt all that. I'm just a sucker for movies that provides a visual treat to the eyes. But yeah got some pretty cool stuff in it. and Olivia Wilde...
It's also the reason I got a blu ray player.

So if anyone else knows of visually stunning pieces of cinema can you let me know so I can add it to my collection

Edit: Also Usual Suspects just missed the cut on the top 5. Its awesome but watching second or third time is kind of a let down...

[Edited on 05-02-2012 by Budgie]
alan-g-w

5th Feb 12 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched The Mechanic for the first time tonight. Felt it was overall a great film and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of substance in the plot. Only negatives I can think would be that I personally don't like Ben Foster as an actor and it was quite short.

8.5/10
adiohead

6th Feb 12 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DeadGirl 10/10
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hangover 2 - 7 - rehashed bollocks.
Whittie

6th Feb 12 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chronicle - Very different film, decent storyline and didn't drag at all. Would have liked to see them do more cool stuff though 7/10
Tom

6th Feb 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crazy Stupid Love - 8/10. I was expecting it to be absolute garbage but it was actually really funny and more comedy than romcom.

Drive - 6/10. Torn about it tbh, settled on it being style over substance but still enjoyable in parts.
Lawrah
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Chronicle - Very different film, decent storyline and didn't drag at all. Would have liked to see them do more cool stuff though 7/10

utter shite. like superman. waste of my life.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Step up 2, 8/10
Blade_sri

6th Feb 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coach carter9/10
Was good, very stick by your guns flick. Best quote

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
Nath

6th Feb 12 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Office Space - 7/10 enjoyed it. Can definitely relate to the boring routine from my old job. And the printer scene makes sense to me in family guy now
Balling
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Week With Marylin - 7/10

Not much to it really, but I enjoyed it more than I'd have expected.
Michelle Williams does an incredible job of portraying Marilyn and has a just purely incredible ass.

Balling
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
not really, story isnt all that. I'm just a sucker for movies that provides a visual treat to the eyes. But yeah got some pretty cool stuff in it. and Olivia Wilde...

So if anyone else knows of visually stunning pieces of cinema can you let me know so I can add it to my collection

I'm the same. Can easily enjoy a movie that isn't incredibly deep if the visuals are a piece of art.

Saw "Immortals" recently and that is definitely a movie that was born for blu ray. Looking forward to the home release.

Watchmen - Fantastic colours and imagery. Every scene with Doc. Manhattan just pops.
Sucker Punch - If there ever was a movie where focus was on visuals as opposed to story...
Super 8 - Train crash at the beginning is one of the best looking visuals ever shown in cinema.
Avatar - Crappy story, but the film is undeniably pretty.
Alice in Wonderland - Colours everywhere!
The Book of Eli - Everything is crispy and brown. Awesome amount of texture.

Just a few of my own personal "look how good my TV is" blu rays.

Budgie

7th Feb 12 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:

I'm the same. Can easily enjoy a movie that isn't incredibly deep if the visuals are a piece of art.

Saw "Immortals" recently and that is definitely a movie that was born for blu ray. Looking forward to the home release.

Watchmen - Fantastic colours and imagery. Every scene with Doc. Manhattan just pops.
Sucker Punch - If there ever was a movie where focus was on visuals as opposed to story...
Super 8 - Train crash at the beginning is one of the best looking visuals ever shown in cinema.
Avatar - Crappy story, but the film is undeniably pretty.
Alice in Wonderland - Colours everywhere!
The Book of Eli - Everything is crispy and brown. Awesome amount of texture.

Just a few of my own personal "look how good my TV is" blu rays.

I was interested in watching Immortals at the cinema, but didnt get round to watching it.
havent watched Super 8 and Alice in Wonderland.
But I'd agree with what you said on the other movies. Also soundtrack to Suckerpunch and Watchmen are on par with visual.

Also Id recommend Speed Racer on blu ray

Also currently watching Tron Legacy.
Nic Barnes

7th Feb 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

american gangster - 7/10

its a good film. its just long as fuck.
Adam C
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drive 7/10 - I liked it in a way, just something bugged me about the film, something weird that I can't explain, I also thought it was based in the 80's for some reason before I watched it.

Watchmen - 6/10 I completely missed the ending, I watched it but I can't actually remember the conclusion part, that part just skipped by me still I enjoyed it, a bit different to your usual super hero movie, and didn't expect it to be as long as it was.

Still have Body Of Lies to watch, Franklyn and Repo Men, I've had Jumper and Super 8 for a while too now but just haven't got round to watching them either.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread

<<  74    75    76    77    78    79    80  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Recent films I have seen 23 database queries in 0.0278370 seconds