corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  75    76    77    78    79    80    81  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
Doug

User status: Offline
9th Jun 13 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a good ride around Cannock yesterday. Bea had a bike lesson for a few hours so I went off and did the Monkey trail. Had a brilliant time and found they have opened quite a few new sections which was entertaining.

The only problem was I blew a seal on my front forks so they might be off to Mojo if the LBS cannot sort it.

I'm hoping there is nothing wrong with them as if there are I will be chucking the bike on ebay without forks and then the forks can be sold as spares or repair. Then I will just buy a new bike with a bit more travel
Nic Barnes

9th Jun 13 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buckled my front wheel today. Fell off in quite a large way.
Dr Pepper

9th Jun 13 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today's ride ..... Wait for it... Drum roll please .... 100.32 miles! Maiden Century! All sorts of PBS along the way .... Was aiming for 14mph which is pretty much what I'm looking to do lands end to John O groats at- got my pace spot on and was between 14-16 miles for every hour and came in at 6 hours 50, and 14.7 mph for the ride. Next step is to do a hillier route and back to back long runs but for today I'm well chuffed with that ... Pretty much every part of my body hurt at some stage ... The last 20 miles everything went numb and I just felt sick( which I kind of preferred). Got my food and drink pretty much spot on- never really felt hungry or thirsty, although I did drink 9 bottles of lucozade sport lite, and 2 lattes - and only needed one piss lol so I guess I could have drunk a bit more.

worse bit was the last 5 miles.... having to go past my door and do a loop to hit the century .... was proper torture....Pretty sure I'm going to ache tomorrow

Hammer

9th Jun 13 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd have been quicker taking the car mate.

In all seriousness, you drank no water at all?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th Jun 13 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck that!
Dr Pepper

9th Jun 13 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

No mate - I cant stomach it after a certain point .... I drank water before i left and in a protein shake before and after.... I really do like that Lucozade lite stuff, 50 calories a bottle and just seems to keep me going
Matt L

9th Jun 13 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

impressive stuff ... just make sure you stretch as much as possible should be reet

surprised you had no water though, surely too many lucozades is going to be bad for your stomach
Nic Barnes

9th Jun 13 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno how you do it without fluids! I go through a litre in my hydration pack just doing an hour and a bit of mountainbiking in this weather.
Dr Pepper

9th Jun 13 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
impressive stuff ... just make sure you stretch as much as possible should be reet

surprised you had no water though, surely too many lucozades is going to be bad for your stomach

lucozade lite is different to normal lucozade...has like 70% less sugar for a start....pretty much just water with a few electrolites and a bit of sugar.

would probably be better with water plus a proper electrlite but I find water hard to stomach when having to replace fluids over several hours....as in i throw up lol
Dr Pepper

9th Jun 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Dunno how you do it without fluids! I go through a litre in my hydration pack just doing an hour and a bit of mountainbiking in this weather.

i drank 2 pints or water and half a pint of milk before, then 8 lucozade lites during the ride, plus my camelback had a real lucozade topped up with another pint of water ...thats quite alot of fluid lol
Nic Barnes

9th Jun 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/yymKLxS7GDk

Cleared some doubles by quite a bit, landed fine I thought then next thing I know I'm heading towards a bush. Bike throws me off, then it lands on my head. Few scratches on legs and arm and took quite an impact to left arm as its still sore. Winded myself on the only house brick in the entire forest as well.

Not sure if that's a result of the crash, or I landed hard and it buckled slightly causing the crash? I didn't land that hard, was going at speed and did jump quite high but I dunno. May see if it will fix.
Dr Pepper

9th Jun 13 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know how you off roaders manage not to kill yourself s .... I'm such a pussy on a mountain bike lol
Nic Barnes

9th Jun 13 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its fun. And damn good exercise, with thrills and challenges along the way. I still go road biking but mostly to build stamina up for mountain biking.
Matt L

9th Jun 13 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Don't know how you off roaders manage not to kill yourself s .... I'm such a pussy on a mountain bike lol

that's the reason I have never bothered getting one, keep getting the urge but I know id be like miss daisy on it.
Nic Barnes

9th Jun 13 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/HkzIdvMm6YM

I'm determind to develop pro skills. I can now at least jump, and land back on the bike lol.
Hammer

9th Jun 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

No mate - I cant stomach it after a certain point .... I drank water before i left and in a protein shake before and after.... I really do like that Lucozade lite stuff, 50 calories a bottle and just seems to keep me going

No substitute for pure H2O! Try diluting fruit juice if you don't fancy water on its own, you'll still get the carb content but in a natural way. Your body will thank you for it.
Dr Pepper

9th Jun 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

No substitute for pure H2O! Try diluting fruit juice if you don't fancy water on its own, you'll still get the carb content but in a natural way. Your body will thank you for it.

thats a good shout - will give that a go
gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Jun 13 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
Had a good ride around Cannock yesterday. Bea had a bike lesson for a few hours so I went off and did the Monkey trail. Had a brilliant time and found they have opened quite a few new sections which was entertaining.

The only problem was I blew a seal on my front forks so they might be off to Mojo if the LBS cannot sort it.

I'm hoping there is nothing wrong with them as if there are I will be chucking the bike on ebay without forks and then the forks can be sold as spares or repair. Then I will just buy a new bike with a bit more travel

can buy the seals and do it yourself. just dont use it at all now. the stanchions scratch really easy on fox forks and its a £180 bill for new ones :-\

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Doug

9th Jun 13 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After the first try with the GoPro was an epic fail, videoing mainly my knees pumping up and down. the second attempt seems better!

First video is just the lower cliff section. It's a showcase of terrible skills, but any riding tips are appreciated

http://t.co/hTeYDi11jE

Second video is longer (24 mins) and shows some of (IMO) the more enjoyable sections of the Monkey and FTD:

http://t.co/VX1pzDaoRy
Nic Barnes

9th Jun 13 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks alright that section Douglas.
Dr Pepper

9th Jun 13 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much was that camera ... How does it attach, work ect? .... Footage looks really cool
Cole

9th Jun 13 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We done the first half when we went Barnes
Nic Barnes

9th Jun 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't remember any of that cole? Is that not the part that was closed?
Cole

9th Jun 13 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No its at the end of the monkey trail we didnt do the bit with the pond on your left
Nic Barnes

10th Jun 13 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prices up a new wheel, £100 for a mavic replacement one.

<<  75    76    77    78    79    80    81  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 24 database queries in 0.0341389 seconds