corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Spelling Day

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spelling Day
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
13th Oct 06 at 00:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CorsAsh

13th Oct 06 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian works in mysterious ways.
dna23

13th Oct 06 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha amazing
Steve
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 07:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried my hardest to find a mistake, but i couldnt
Steve
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 07:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exams are on the piss anyway.

Ever since the ZX Spectrum iv been playing around, programming computers etc etc. Im now an IT Technician, but I got a C in my GCSE IT Exam, my girlfriend got a B yet she has to ask me things like how to create an Ebay account, why the sound isnt working when its on mute etc etc

[Edited on 13-10-2006 by Steve]
Hammer

13th Oct 06 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know if exams are on the piss i think the pressure of results driven teaching is breeding exam passing machines rather than giving a general feel for a subject.

My Physics teacher had some of the best results in Scotland year in year out due to the fact he taught you how to pass the physics exam more than the background of physics, how you come to achieving your answer etc.

In the time i was there the second physics teacher was changed every single year as they simply could not achieve the results this guy was.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was about to post the exact same thing
Hammer

13th Oct 06 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think i want to be your friend Steve
abdus

14th Oct 06 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wit and with
geordiecorsa

14th Oct 06 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least someone stands up for the profession, cheers Ian. The National Literacy Strategy governs what it taught, plus the primary strategy, in my school what these publications say, goes. Including starting sentences with 'and'. I didn't say I liked it, nor am I defending my use of it, but I was using 'and' in a listing context, therefore within a suitable context.

That said, I'm more concerned that my class think 'have to' is one word spelt 'avet' than how they use 'and' as its nice majority can spell and.

Is it obvious that I've spent saturday evening doing literacy planning, at all!?

edit: as, erm, I can't spell!

[Edited on 14-10-2006 by geordiecorsa]
Robin
Premium Member

14th Oct 06 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't having a go at you specifically, if anything, I was having a go at the NLS, who seem to have changed the rule regarding the use of the word 'and' since I was at school (5 years ago).
geordiecorsa

14th Oct 06 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As has been previously said, education is a farce. No-one seems to be prepared to take responsibilty for actually setting a curriculum which educates, rather than faffs about doing half a job, and being a pain to actually use.
Jules S
Premium Member

14th Oct 06 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by geordiecorsa
As has been previously said, education is a farce. No-one seems to be prepared to take responsibilty for actually setting a curriculum which educates, rather than faffs about doing half a job, and being a pain to actually use.

Jesus, you are a teacher FFS.

Educate, that is what you are paid for.
geordiecorsa

14th Oct 06 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the negitive side, I'm paid to teach some good, some bad, to occassionally feel like I'm babysitting, test children who are neither educationally or mentally developed enough to be put under test conditions and to tick boxes and be confined to the several curricula aimed at modern education.

However, I'm also paid to deliver an exciting, enjoyable, broad and balanced curriculum (not always of my choosing) which allows my class to develop holistically and at an appropriate speed for every individual, I get to have a laugh at work, be challenged every day and get just short of 12 weeks paid holiday, my job is quality.

Even if I don't always like or necessarily agree with what I have to teach.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Oct 06 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can people PLEASE stop using MSN Emoticon code that clearly WONT work

(Y)
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Oct 06 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
Educate, that is what you are paid for.
I don't think its that simple.
Robin
Premium Member

15th Oct 06 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Can people PLEASE stop using MSN Emoticon code that clearly WONT work

(Y)

it does though steve, click quote.
Robin
Premium Member

15th Oct 06 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

todays annoyance is "could of"
Steve
Premium Member

15th Oct 06 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, todays announcement is..

quote:
Originally posted by ckallis500
so by what your all saying, no rolling road is accurate except the ones you use??? like i said, on the rolling road day the a standard car was run up showing almost exactly standard book figures, how would a few minutes suddenly make the rollers un-accurate? theres many cars i can think of, astra sport in tv - dbilas/exhaust/4branch showing over 140bhp, mine, my mates. according to the manufacturers i.e dbilas and mantzel they say proven 22bhp gain on std engine, that would bring a c16xe or x16xe to basicly 130bhp... i'm not being funny but i know the std head and cams can flow enough for 160bhp obviously not as easy with a manifold and not ITB'S. and dave, obviously theres not a predetermined rpm to set the limiter at, i said 7500rpm-8000rpm as a guide, say the power tailed off at over 8000rpm i would still not have the limiter set any higher than 8000rpm on a bottem end with std rods, i said this as a guide meaning the limiter would need to be set around this rpm, lets say sbd's throttle body kit for the c16xe, as a basic kit uses std head and cams, it should produce over/around 160bhp and they recomend the limit set to 7500rpm, the l30's cams the power might well not tail off till 8500rpm. purly said that as a guide, i prop have it set at 7500 just to be safe to be honest. you can think what u want but i believe that the rr printouts were faily accurate putting into consideration the power of other small block xe's that i have seen. no offence or anything to anyone but its just how i see things at the moment lol... chris
Robin
Premium Member

15th Oct 06 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, I struggled with that too
Jules S
Premium Member

15th Oct 06 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed two lines in....I best go check the thread out then.

Although i'm seriously thinking I can't be arsed to get into another dyno debate

Robin
Premium Member

15th Oct 06 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Using 43 question marks, repeatedly, in one post.
TNM

16th Oct 06 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to see pics of the broken lift.
All Torque

16th Oct 06 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
No, todays announcement is..

quote:
Originally posted by ckallis500
so by what your all saying, no rolling road is accurate except the ones you use??? like i said, on the rolling road day the a standard car was run up showing almost exactly standard book figures, how would a few minutes suddenly make the rollers un-accurate? theres many cars i can think of, astra sport in tv - dbilas/exhaust/4branch showing over 140bhp, mine, my mates. according to the manufacturers i.e dbilas and mantzel they say proven 22bhp gain on std engine, that would bring a c16xe or x16xe to basicly 130bhp... i'm not being funny but i know the std head and cams can flow enough for 160bhp obviously not as easy with a manifold and not ITB'S. and dave, obviously theres not a predetermined rpm to set the limiter at, i said 7500rpm-8000rpm as a guide, say the power tailed off at over 8000rpm i would still not have the limiter set any higher than 8000rpm on a bottem end with std rods, i said this as a guide meaning the limiter would need to be set around this rpm, lets say sbd's throttle body kit for the c16xe, as a basic kit uses std head and cams, it should produce over/around 160bhp and they recomend the limit set to 7500rpm, the l30's cams the power might well not tail off till 8500rpm. purly said that as a guide, i prop have it set at 7500 just to be safe to be honest. you can think what u want but i believe that the rr printouts were faily accurate putting into consideration the power of other small block xe's that i have seen. no offence or anything to anyone but its just how i see things at the moment lol... chris

Sans the question marks is that ALL one big sentence?
abdus

16th Oct 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^a phrase

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Spelling Day 22 database queries in 0.0162680 seconds