corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale**

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My budget track car *** now for sale**
Kurt

User status: Offline
18th Jan 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You make fitting an xe look easy
john_c20xe

19th Jan 09 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work mate, u takin it to pvs?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Jan 09 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big*boy*rob
car looks awesome mate. were did u get ur inner and outta cvs from?

got the motorsport driveshafts and inner and outter cv's from Chris astley motorsport, slotted straight in the gearbox, pretty simple to assemble aswell

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
You make fitting an xe look easy

I FUCKING WISH! lol, hasnt been that easy, just expensive mostly

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe
good work mate, u takin it to pvs?

id love to go pvs with it this year, fingers crossed she'll be ready, always wanted a run down santapod, did think about doing it in my old corsa c, then thought "nah i'll just look slow and a prat" lol
SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Mar 09 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey everyone, back again with a couple of little updates

not much happened in feb, had other things to deal with at the start of the month
been settling into my new house and got all the tv and wireless internet now fully setup and working (missed online PS3 gaming so much)

plus turned 23 recently and last 2 weekends bin out hitting the pub big stylee

but bit of good news managed to bag a free post facelift rear bumper with mudflaps, little bit of damage by the tow eye cover but easily fixed

broken section fixed

bottom half prepped near enough for paint and will re-textured the top half afterwards

and re-textured the front bumper plastic and that looks brand spanking new now

and also got a few birthday prezzie's.............GAUGES!! water temp, volt meter, oil temp and oil pressure gauges from auto gauge, and ther the smoked series and look the tits!

tried to get a close up of one of em, as they only are fully visible when the ignition is on

the bottom bumper might be painted tomorrow (dont hold your breath) but bad news is due to money being tight wont have enough £££ to get the engine wiring done and engine running this month, but april will see the credit card taking a smack lol

SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Mar 09 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right first things first didnt get the rear bumper painted today, but will be next weekend

but saw the bumper on the floor this morning and the section i plastic welded yesterday snapped again so i thought "sod it the tow eye covers it anyway" so just braced it with 2 rivets and small section of metal -easy

used a panel beaters best friend, dolphin glaze this stuff is the tits

and set about repairing a dent and some really deep scratches

then masked up the bumper after i sanded that down to spray on some fresh matt bumper texture

sorted, now just needs a touch on primer and paint and its ready, the matt texture finish came out perfect just like the front bumper, will contrast well with the bright yellow when its done

SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Mar 09 at 00:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good news finally all the bits i wanted painted/needed repainting are done!!
stayed late at work tonight managed to prep em up at lunch and got a painter to stay behind as a favour to whack some paint on em

prep of the rear bumper and tailgate that had to be re-sprayed

all the bits and bobs in the oven early today

bumper masked

tailgate ready to go

rear bumper getting a dose of "wet and wet" coating

crack the yellow paint back open

and we're off!

and the finished product

job done
more soon (when some £££££££ appears lol!)
SeanXE

13th Mar 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read the whole project, looking good, I can't wait to see the finished product
a_j_mair

13th Mar 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bumpers look lke you have made a top job

pity about the cracked bti but suppose it will never be seen
john_c20xe

13th Mar 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice work
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Mar 09 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics of my hard graft from saturday

got my cobra sidemounts in on friday so decided no time like the present to get the seat in

decided easiest option was to drill out the old metal section that the old seat used to bolt into and fabricate my own subframe

started off with the bars, measured and cut to shape and positioned em roundabout the same position as the old beam, but made sure they were level

then measured and cut more bars to attach the seat to, and drilling a hole to line up with the centre mounting point in the mounts, that way i can move the seat forward/back 2 notches if i want (ie- someone taller/shorter wants a go)

and all the bolts and nuts for adjustment are easily in reach of my rachet spanners so dont have to unbolt the entire seat to adjust it

then put the seat in (stil loose and shuffled it to the position i was comfortable with and marked on the bars with a permenant marker)

then welded in the lower bars

not too shabby seeing as i havent touched a welder in ages

next unbolted the seat from the mounts and welded those in place

then popped the seat back in and jobs a good un'

then i just quickly put the harness in and bolted that down just to try the fit

oh yeh and i got hold of a brand new 1.7 diesel corsa rad (much larger and perfect for the cooling im gonna need)

and with a bit of help with images from members of corsasport started putting in a few more hoses whooo!

would have painted the new subframe i made but i was knackered as cutting the bars took ages with an airsaw (wheres an angle grinder when you need one)

but on the whole very pleased with myself, not long to go now and i can FINALLY fire her up, with the recent good weather iv been dying to take the wasp out for a blat!

more soon

[Edited on 22-03-2009 by SteveoBC]
Luke

22nd Mar 09 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent progress! When do you think it will be finished?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Mar 09 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simple really "PVS or Bust!!" lol!
Luke

22nd Mar 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

. Keep up the good work mate. I know where i'll be going if i need any painting ect
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Mar 09 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your a bit outta luck ther it wasnt me painting i just prep at the most

cars going Jamsport next month with a bit of luck ,had a chat with Broster (nice chap) and ther sorting out the final bits and bobs, all i need to worry about its getting paperwork/insurance in order and also paying for it. along with saving for new tyres

so getting it ready and for PVS is do-able but it'll be close lol but i really really wanna crack at the pod!
richard_cooper

23rd Mar 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fancy building me some subframes lol

Really need to get my OMP buckets in.

Anyway, cracking work cars is going to be very good
SteveoBC
Premium Member

23rd Mar 09 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richard_cooper
fancy building me some subframes lol

Really need to get my OMP buckets in.

Anyway, cracking work cars is going to be very good

dont fancy building any more subframes, the one i made was a ball-ache to say the least (thank fuck i only have one seat!! ) kinda was shitting myself as my measuring is usually crap but it seem to fit nicely for a change

wouldnt go as far as very good, good/alright would sum it up i would have thought lol
bethoml

23rd Mar 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go team yellow lol. what kind of yellow is it mate? you going to pv? be good to see you there
SteveoBC
Premium Member

29th Mar 09 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bethoml
go team yellow lol. what kind of yellow is it mate? you going to pv? be good to see you there

err....... well got the paint free, one of the painters wrote off his e36 M3 and had loads of different shades of bmw yellow leftover he gave me, so mixed it all together to get what you see here lol

aiming for PVS mate really wanna go!

[Edited on 29-03-2009 by SteveoBC]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

29th Mar 09 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right first things first, i handed in my notice at work and will leave in a month so the pressures REALLY on to get the car finished now lol!! (pay issuses blah blah etc long story, but have another job lined up)

but not alot went on this weekend, had to clear out my garage after going to work for a bit and moving loads of stuff leftover from moving house to have a new home for the corsa when its done

was going to fit my brake hoses but all the ramps at work were taken up and didnt have time to roll around on the floor and do it, but i did paint the new seat subframe and put new bumpers on

oh and gave it a mop and wax as it had loads of bits of cr*p and sh*t on the car and dust, plus had never had a wash

plans for next month, gonna get some decent cheap tyres so i can at least put the cav slabs on and also have room to put the calipers on and fit the braided brake hoses aswell

try and source asecond hand exhaust system for now and get a better one later otherwise i wont make PVS (plus powerflow wanted silly money for a new one)

and leave the car at Jamsport in northampton for its finishing off

plus getting all the paperwork in order with the DVLA/Insurance and what have you
SteveoBC
Premium Member

31st Mar 09 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update, had a right result today, needed to source some tyres to fit the cab slabs so my calipers would fit, realised i couldt save enough in time for toyo R888 road legal track tyres so looked around for some semi decent ones

spoke to the tyre department on works other site and managed to get 2x pairs of "part worns wink wink lol "

great mates rates prices (didnt even pay triple figures lol - cheers dave! ) so now iv got 2 continental contacts and some firestone firehawks in 195/50/15's (one pair i think may even be new lol) so..............

GOT THE WHEELS AND TYRES ON!!

before

after

wel pleased with em' they look the tits! give the car a much wider stance and as iv had 13's on for ages these look MASIVE lol

so now i'll hopefully have the calipers and hoses on by saturday, then its just getting her running and the exhaust to worry about now whooo!

more soon

[Edited on 31-03-2009 by SteveoBC]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

21st Apr 09 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good and bad news

bad news the wheels need spacers as the cav slabs rub on the coil springs at the front

good news the car has left my work last week and is now at jamsport getting most of the final niggles deal with!!

while the cars away i could only really work on one part, which is the dash centre console for all the guages

got one piece of steel to work with, bent it and beat it into the shape i wanted and matched up the original mounting points on the dash to the new centre console and drilled new holes (want it screw'd on rather than riveted for easy access if i need it off to adjust any wiring in the future)

then got some 80 grit and set a sander into grind mode and took nearly all the imperfections out of the metal (beating marks etc etc)

then cut the holes i wanted for the gauges, i had to set it out this way as im using the original dash mounting points i had to set the gauges in this pattern or i would have had to do some cutting and changing

and also gave a light sand to key it up for paint

then a quick spray

job done new console!

quick image of the car loaded up last week ready for the trip to jamsport
Graham88

22nd Apr 09 at 02:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, love reading this thread
xa0s
Banned

22nd Apr 09 at 02:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th May 09 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right sorry for the late update, been busy

but the cars still away at jamsport having more extra bits done while its there, and iv caved in to impulse buying and got them to fabricate a 2+1/4 " bore system to fit the car

but went down there today to drop off more parts they needed/bits missing and took a cheeky snap while was ther to show me dad and you lot

the 2 guys working on my car have blitzed it today, all the plumbing and bypassing the heater matrix is done (with no leaks- good the hear)the engine loom wiring is all done an tidy (still gauges and what not to do still) the brake hoses and calipers are all sorted at the front, header tank and dizzy are all in place

apart from waiting for parts, the battery is being relocated and fan fitted, but looks 10x better in the engine bay than when i left it

oh an heres my free fire extinguiser someone gave me

so at the mo looking in great shape to be ready in time for PVS so very pleased today
Adge

7th May 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice mate, get a yellow on the lip to mae them stand out a bit more! awsome work!

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale** 23 database queries in 0.0171580 seconds