corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Are Civic Type-R's hated on here?

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are Civic Type-R's hated on here?
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 07 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to add at this time on another forum i have been told the following.....

muppetsport asked.
"what is reynold?"

haha yes super tuning god barnes doesnt know of the company reynold only one of the biggest tuning company's in the country

its such a shame that the lad means reyland.
MoesTavern

2nd Oct 07 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
im not saying faster, im saying all round better cars. 10k can get you decent 2nd hand car. you have to think outside of the power of dreams thing, ignore them 3 movies. there are so many good, decent cars that 10k can buy. if you want a fast car, for 10k a ctr isnt it, if you want a car that handles awesome, for 10k a ctr isnt it, if you want a posing type car, for 10k a ctr isnt it. it comes average in all them categories, no better than others.

as an overall car, it is far too over hyped, by people like yourself. im sorry but an accord type-r is a far better drivers car than a ctr in my opinion, having driven both quite a lot as of late.

Sod the power of dreams, I test drove the other cars that I fancied at the time and the CTR came out on top, that's what I based my decision on. Also I haven't done any overhyping in this or any other thread as far as I'm aware, merely given my opinion as an owner to the thread author.

regarding the above,in your opinion why do you think the CTR proved to be so popular? there are shitloads of them around, I can't believe everyone was taken in by Honda's spiel.
Nic Barnes

2nd Oct 07 at 01:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent a fuckin clue why theyre so popular, unless (i hate to say this as you will start another personal attack) the chav culture beleives the bollocks of them films and really do assume that theyre as fast as theyre made out to be.

they are an average car, theyre not in my opinion a proper type-r like others have been. the newest one just goes to show that theyre aiming it as an average car instead of pushing the boundaries again like they apparantly did back whenever the first ones came out of the ek's or whatever model they are, i find the names confusing and wish they used mk3 civic, make it easier for idiots like me. i know people who own them, no offence to you or any of your mates or whatever, but the people i know that own them assume that theyre by far the fastest thing on the road. even in defeat, they will make up excuses.

no offence to you, i dont know you, but you seem to fall into the same categories from what you post as the people i know that own them, or hondas in general do.
MoesTavern

2nd Oct 07 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i havent a fuckin clue why theyre so popular, unless (i hate to say this as you will start another personal attack) the chav culture beleives the bollocks of them films and really do assume that theyre as fast as theyre made out to be.

they are an average car, theyre not in my opinion a proper type-r like others have been. the newest one just goes to show that theyre aiming it as an average car instead of pushing the boundaries again like they apparantly did back whenever the first ones came out of the ek's or whatever model they are, i find the names confusing and wish they used mk3 civic, make it easier for idiots like me. i know people who own them, no offence to you or any of your mates or whatever, but the people i know that own them assume that theyre by far the fastest thing on the road. even in defeat, they will make up excuses.

no offence to you, i dont know you, but you seem to fall into the same categories from what you post as the people i know that own them, or hondas in general do.

I honestly don't understand the chav thing, I don't see them as a chav car and don't know anyone who does, (outside of this forum)
If the Honda owners you know feel they are the fastest thing on the road then they obviously need to open their eyes, personally I'm well aware of what mine is capable of and what it isn't, like I've said before I chose this car because I felt it was the best for the money, you obviously disagree and fair enough but tarring all honda owners with the same brush is just silly. (IMO of course)
Nic Barnes

2nd Oct 07 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what were your other options and why didnt you go for them? what did you feel was better about the civic over the others?

just interested to hear your views. i may own a corsa, but ive driven loads of other cars and quite regularly drive a civic type-r, i base my opinions on this before you wonder why i say what i do. its not from hatred of the cars. my old dear (one you said was mediocre) she bought a civic, i had to go get it from her to get new tyres fired on it the other day. i told her and my old man they should buy a civic considering the mileage they do.
MoesTavern

2nd Oct 07 at 02:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what were your other options and why didnt you go for them? what did you feel was better about the civic over the others?

just interested to hear your views. i may own a corsa, but ive driven loads of other cars and quite regularly drive a civic type-r, i base my opinions on this before you wonder why i say what i do. its not from hatred of the cars. my old dear (one you said was mediocre) she bought a civic, i had to go get it from her to get new tyres fired on it the other day. i told her and my old man they should buy a civic considering the mileage they do.

When I had my corsa I got promoted at work and wanted something more powerful ( wasn't in to modding and stuff) I was originally going to get a Clio 182 but a few test drives put me off, didn't like the interior, the clutch was a nightmare, the steering wheel was massive and I couldn't get on with the seating position. I tried a 206 GTi 180 but this didn't feel quick and the gearchange was not to my liking at all. I like the look of Leon Cupra R's but was disappointed in my test drive, it felt the opposite of nippy, really heavy and just dull to be honest.

After those the civic was great fun, liked the interior, loved revving the engine, even loved the steering which some people tend to find off-putting, and the gearchange is the best I've ever used. So that was why i chose it, everything just clicked for me.
Nic Barnes

2nd Oct 07 at 02:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have trouble getting into 3rd sometimes in our ctr? as the 4 different ones i have driven have all had the same problem. and also reverse sometimes seems impossible to find, the owners of the cars all say the same. 3rd and reverse. the steering is far too light in my opinions and takes away alot of the feel of the car. the revving engine gets very tiring as it becomes something you have to do to get anywhere. unlike others, say the 182 as you mentioned it, you dont have to rev that anywhere near as much.

plus points, cant beat the location of the gearstick, and the seats are better than most cars by miles. its pretty much people carrier in size so can fit anythng in it. hence the breadvan term. although put 4 people in one, and its less pleasant to drive than a lot of the other cars
MoesTavern

2nd Oct 07 at 02:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
do you have trouble getting into 3rd sometimes in our ctr? as the 4 different ones i have driven have all had the same problem. and also reverse sometimes seems impossible to find, the owners of the cars all say the same. 3rd and reverse. the steering is far too light in my opinions and takes away alot of the feel of the car. the revving engine gets very tiring as it becomes something you have to do to get anywhere. unlike others, say the 182 as you mentioned it, you dont have to rev that anywhere near as much.

plus points, cant beat the location of the gearstick, and the seats are better than most cars by miles. its pretty much people carrier in size so can fit anythng in it. hence the breadvan term. although put 4 people in one, and its less pleasant to drive than a lot of the other cars

I don't have the problem with third but I have missed reverse on the first try a couple of times. I've heard people complain that second can be notchy on cold days but again not something I've noticed. The revving thing is a bit marmite to be honest, I like it personally but if you can't be arsed I can see how it might be a minus point to those not used to it.
The steering as i've said is fine to me but it's a well known bugbear and some people just cant get on with it, apparently the hydraulic steering in the Integra is much better. (not that I've driven one)
Nic Barnes

2nd Oct 07 at 03:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah steering in integra does feel better, same with the accord and the older ep3 civic, although only driven a vti not a type-r. im used to revving a car, my corsa revs itself to 8 all the time, the main difference with the type-r is to others, there isnt a mid range to it. admitedly you can drive it fine as normal, but as soon as you add weight into the car, say car full of passengers, you have to start revving the fook out of it to drag itself along, something you dont have to with other cars in the same sort of group for obvious reasons.

there are other bad points about other cars obviously, its just i find overall when you compare them, the type-r doesnt excite as much as it should with it being a type-r. it seems pretty average, pretty tamed. thats probably why there are so many of them about?
CORSA NUT

2nd Oct 07 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Give it a rest guys.
CR7
Banned

2nd Oct 07 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Muppetsport, your an idiot

Your raving on about how its a chav motor, yet you drive a modified corsa please get out
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Oct 07 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbf barnes corsa impresses me 200 times more than a ctr
CR7
Banned

2nd Oct 07 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
tbf barnes corsa impresses me 200 times more than a ctr

Yes, but its hippocritical

Also, it should'nt, its nothing special, anyone can fit a LET to a 10 year old Vauxhall

[Edited on 02-10-2007 by CR7]
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Oct 07 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you fit one one on your driveway and make it 400bhp?
Dione J

2nd Oct 07 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CORSA NUT

2nd Oct 07 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Probably but i've got a life
Daimo B

2nd Oct 07 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you said Muppet the other day that you didn't have a vendetta against Type R's....... RE-read this post... Im replying after reading page 2

Type R's, good track cars, engine needs to be worked hard, but thats the way it was designed and it can be revved for harder and longer than 95% of 4 pot NA engines in standard form.

Good little cars, bad image.. But then you have to be one of "those images concious types" to really give a feck.. Since when did what people think of you define what you should/shouldn't buy.

Good cars, if you like it, get one.
Daimo B

2nd Oct 07 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS, funny how those slating the car drive what arn't exactly decent cars in the first place......

CR7
Banned

2nd Oct 07 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Id not want to
FasT09

2nd Oct 07 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

172/182 anyday over a type r
Daimo B

2nd Oct 07 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are comparing Clios to Civics? I don't understand why??

Civics are compared to Astras. Clios are compared to Corsas/Saxos etc.....

Different league/class of cars??? Only similarity is they both have FWD 2.0 16v NA engine?
CR7
Banned

2nd Oct 07 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FasT09
172/182 anyday over a type r

Fool, ive got a 172 and id snap someones hand off for a CTR
Daimo B

2nd Oct 07 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was gonna say, I KNOW which one will be far better built...

Im seeing Ex Clio owners saying they would have a Type R...

And those that haven't owned either saying they would take the clio....

Strange that
Joe

2nd Oct 07 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamescorsa97
does anybody know a ownder of an S3 on here?

gavin18787
Premium Member

2nd Oct 07 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of interest if I gave you two (muppet and moe) 10k today what would you go out and buy?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Are Civic Type-R's hated on here? 23 database queries in 0.0161800 seconds