corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you're NOT a Premium Member...

Poll: If you're NOT a Premium Member...
Don't need site features 93 (38.43%)
Don't have a car to show 20 (8.26%)
Can already get show benefits by just turning up, ie. camping/food etc. 6 (2.48%)
Can't afford it 59 (24.38%)
Don't have a way of paying 21 (8.68%)
Other (please post) 43 (17.77%)

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you're NOT a Premium Member...
B3KAN

User status: Offline
15th Jun 08 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want some stickers
Corsa_Scotty

15th Jun 08 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian can i buy some stickers?
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th Jun 08 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
But evertime a bodykitted car or somone has a diffrent looking corsa its ripped into.
Disagree - it's more about the quality and overall look than whether it has a kit per se.

I agree. If it looks horrid then people will say. If it's been done nicely then you'll get positive comments.

You can buy stickers from John See the stickies in Classifieds.

[Edited on 15-06-2008 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
csweatherston

15th Jun 08 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if we get robin/mark/warren in on the bandwagon?...free gotech with every preem?

[Edited on 15-06-2008 by csweatherston]
Ben G

15th Jun 08 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i would love to be a part of weekend racer but as mattk said, i don't feel i'm experienced enough to post on there.
See my post.

You don't have to be able to heel and toe to join WR.

i see that, i've just logged in over on WR and am navigating the site now, seems easy to use, just gotta start posting

would love to go on a track day but wouldn't know where to start. guess it doesn't hurt getting some knowledge in my head from the site
Timbaland
Banned

15th Jun 08 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
But evertime a bodykitted car or somone has a diffrent looking corsa its ripped into.
Disagree - it's more about the quality and overall look than whether it has a kit per se.

Again, This is down to what you and others may think of an overall look.

Most on here would like this:

But alot of other people outwith CS may like this:

Yet the latter would get ripped out of just because the majority on here dont like the over all look.
nova_gteuk

15th Jun 08 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

I agree. If it looks horrid then people will say. If it's been done nicely then you'll get positive comments.

Ye but dave i wouldnt feel welcome on a site like that tbh.

Say i like my car and then think ill sign up here with like mided peole for them to then slate my car it would put me off.

Its like dave i hate eyebrows you obviously like them,but i guarentee many have said the same as me tbh.doesnt it piss you off everyone dissing something you like doesnt make you feel welcome or make you feel like interacting imo?
Corsa_Scotty

15th Jun 08 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The CS world would be a better place if we all had the same tastes then at least we wouldnt argue but on the bad hand every thing would be the same and i like to see different stuff
Tommy L

15th Jun 08 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but lets be honest, that is hideous.
Timbaland
Banned

15th Jun 08 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom

Point proven.
CorsAsh

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Correct.

You'll also see that those who come on displaying a reasonable amount of literacy are treated more gently, regardless of how their car looks.

Example A: lad with kitted up Corsa who types normally will get "not to my taste but good effort" etc

Example B: lad who is unable to use vowels, with a horribly dated, kitted Corsa who comes on bragging about how many cars he's "killed"will get less diplomatic comments.

Example C: girl gets "Pics."
Corsa_Scotty

New it wouldnt last 5 mins that pic
mattk

I wouldnt rip the 2nd one posted cause its been done to a good standard, I dont like it but I wouldnt slate it

nova_gteuk

quote:

Yes but to the owner its probaly the nicest car in the world.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th Jun 08 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, and I happen to dislike that front bumper but that isn't to rule out every single bodykit.

The statement was if you have a kit it gets ripped - not if it's nicely done!

There was an orange car with Combat 2, looked a nice job, paint was nice, panel gaps straight, meshed well etc., not daft, went down very well.

There are other examples as well. Isaacs stuff was always very well received and his work wasn't tame.
Tommy L

15th Jun 08 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Timbaland
quote:

Point proven.
I would be pretty certain most people off the site would agree with me even if they didn't know about the bandwagon.
Timbaland
Banned

15th Jun 08 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Scotty
The CS world would be a better place if we all had the same tastes then at least we wouldnt argue but on the bad hand every thing would be the same and i like to see different stuff

That is partly the problem, Most on here have speedlines, Gsi kits and so on...And if you dont have these most of the time people will say change a, b and C and it will be nice.

People spend to much time at work trying to earn these things just to come on a forum and be brought down.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th Jun 08 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Example A: lad with kitted up Corsa who types normally will get "not to my taste but good effort" etc

Example B: lad who is unable to use vowels, with a horribly dated, kitted Corsa who comes on bragging about how many cars he's "killed"will get less diplomatic comments.
And I agree 100% to all of this.
Ben G

15th Jun 08 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i appreciate a bodykitted car if it's done to a high standard. why bodge things to make your car look good if it's ultimately going to actually make it look completely shite?

an example of doing things right is shaunmods. he's not skimping on materials and is doing the things he likes to his car to a high standard.

CorsAsh

15th Jun 08 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
i would love to be a part of weekend racer but as mattk said, i don't feel i'm experienced enough to post on there.
See my post.

You don't have to be able to heel and toe to join WR.

i see that, i've just logged in over on WR and am navigating the site now, seems easy to use, just gotta start posting

would love to go on a track day but wouldn't know where to start. guess it doesn't hurt getting some knowledge in my head from the site
See Ian ^^^ This is what Trax is perfect for. Someone like Ben who has just crossed over into proper performance cars and wants a quick taste of what all the track day fuss is about, without committing to a full day in the company of Adam_Bs or jrs.
Timbaland
Banned

15th Jun 08 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Timbaland
quote:

Point proven.
I would be pretty certain most people off the site would agree with me even if they didn't know about the bandwagon.

Exactly, Most people off the site would say "Your car is hideous' if that owner was to register on here.
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th Jun 08 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Ye but dave i wouldnt feel welcome on a site like that tbh.

Say i like my car and then think ill sign up here with like mided peole for them to then slate my car it would put me off.

Its like dave i hate eyebrows you obviously like them,but i guarentee many have said the same as me tbh.doesnt it piss you off everyone dissing something you like doesnt make you feel welcome or make you feel like interacting imo?

Very good points mate. I'm getting tired so my head isn't working right any more

Yeah, people have said about the brows, I just say that I like them and they say fair enough.

What I was more referring to was like Ian said where someone will get a big bumper, and change nothing else and it'll probably be half falling off.

E.g. there's this Astra in a town near me with bumpers on, the front one has no mesh in the gaps (and they're big gaps) and the back one is still in primer so it's white, on a dark blue car. As you can imagine it looks a bit tatty.

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

And I agree 100% to all of this.
Same.

[Edited on 15-06-2008 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Ben G

15th Jun 08 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shall investigate what TRAX is all about now thought it was just a car show
jacko198

15th Jun 08 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can i ask where the £12.50 actually goes?
Timbaland
Banned

15th Jun 08 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

By all means Ash, And i read things like that and really do respect the person for saying the second part but you hardly ever see that normally you see

or

LOL

or

WTF

But when people say 'good effort' and 'looks a good job' i really respect those reply's.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you're NOT a Premium Member... 23 database queries in 0.0180111 seconds