corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Budget

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Budget
Ryan

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I wonder if the people who are saying it is fair would change their mind should they (somehow) get a job that is paying them £150k a year?

That was my point.
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I can guess 90% would say they'd disagree with the tax
Daimo B

22nd Apr 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Christ Im not going there again.

Wasn't a dig fella, just remembered we had a banter about it a few weeks back

Oh, i'd love to go onto a £150k wage, be a damn site more than im earning now But if i were say on 70k and was put up, wouldn't end up taking much more home i think

Meh, when im older, patience

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by VXR]
Ash_EP3

22nd Apr 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well isn't what your saying obvious? if something affected me i'd be annoyed you wouldn't care less and vice versa?
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Christ Im not going there again.

Wasn't a dig fella, just remembered we had a banter about it a few weeks back

Nah I know it wasnt a dig - just not going back over that again
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S214_UPP
Well isn't what your saying obvious? if something affected me i'd be annoyed you wouldn't care less and vice versa?

Yes and no. This doesnt effect a lot of people on here yet they dont agree.

Just funny that a few are finding it as the best way to do things yet know theyd soon change their mind - so obviously not THAT sure its a good thing!
Daimo B

22nd Apr 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

g'damn it, i really should fecking start waiting a few minutes before I post

:SPAMheadSMILIE:
ssj_kakarot

22nd Apr 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

I editted mine as I thought the snobbish comment was to harsh. (Well I do need to explain every single thing i type do on here it seems ).

So, poor companies go bust. = No jobs.

Companies get rid of staff to save costs.

That means hundreds, if not thousands of new businesses need to open, and thrive within the next year, or we'd have a national unemployment problem on our hands.

If companies are getting rid of staff to cut costs, why would they employ staff?

think you missing a vital issue here dude

You're thinking too complex here, its very simple.

Bad companies go bust (these will usually be the ones with poor customer service/poor service in general) - jobs lost. Good companies become more efficient by getting rid of workers with poor work ethic - jobs lost.

The demand for the product is still there, so the good companies need to employ more workers to handle the demand - the employers with good work ethic who lost their jobs from the bad company get a new job.

Only the bad workers are left, and they have to either change their work ethic or be wasters (and if they choose that option its because they are wasters!).

wow you have no idea do you?

yes every one earns a low income because there just lazy or have a bad work ethic, yes to earn more money people just need to try harder.

you really have no idea do you, have you ever actually worked a normal job when you were at college or uni or did you just get everything payed for?
djedstar

22nd Apr 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it made me laugh when cameron ripped the piss out of the scrappage scheme
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot

yes every one earns a low income because there just lazy or have a bad work ethic, yes to earn more money people just need to try harder.

you really have no idea do you, have you ever actually worked a normal job when you were at college or uni or did you just get everything payed for?

Go and be a good boy and read a post of mine around that one where I explain a little more into it - for the record if you dont bother to go and find it - I wasnt making out people are lazy or earn a low income down to a bad work ethic.
ShEp

22nd Apr 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was earning 150k I would do one of 2 things

Request a 5k paycut and save a lot of dollar or move country.

and thats whats wrong with this country, I've been brought up to think this, as have most people.
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
If I was earning 150k I would do one of 2 things

Request a 5k paycut and save a lot of dollar or move country.

and thats whats wrong with this country, I've been brought up to think this, as have most people.

If you've been brought up to think you dont want to give away half your hard earned then I wouldnt be questioning your upbringing.
ssj_kakarot

22nd Apr 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Go and be a good boy and read a post of mine around that one where I explain a little more into it - for the record if you dont bother to go and find it - I wasnt making out people are lazy or earn a low income down to a bad work ethic.

na cant be arsed you have obviously been born wit a silver spoon in your mouth, fair do's your view of the world will be different to mine.
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
na cant be arsed you have obviously been born wit a silver spoon in your mouth, fair do's your view of the world will be different to mine.

You really should go and read the thread, as your comment before, and especially that one just there, are fucking retarded - and incorrect.
Ren

22nd Apr 09 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've read the entire discussion, and I agree with Cosmo's arguement. There's a lot of playground insults being thrown about in this thread... "ur rich u must be a snob u deserve da 50% tax" and shit like that. At the end of the day, taxing people 50% is a shitload of fuck but it's the only way the Government will sort out the debt they've racked up over the years.

I was personally hoping for the benefit system to be reviewed, but that wont happen. Oh yeah Cosmo, The Game.

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by Ren]
J da Silva

22nd Apr 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
I've read the entire discussion, and I agree with Cosmo's arguement. There's a lot of playground insults being thrown about in this thread... "ur rich u must be a snob u deserve da 50% tax" and shit like that. At the end of the day, taxing people 50% is a shitload of fuck but it's the only way the Government will sort out the debt they've racked up over the years.

I was personally hoping for the benefit system to be reviewed, but that wont happen. Oh yeah Cosmo, The Game.

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by Ren]

Yeah, I see what you mean, this isn't a playground discussion and the very fact that people are being childish on this topic shows why they should be locked out of threads like this, I personally would like to see jobseekers allowance handed out in a better manner, rather than just pumping money into a scroungers bank, why don't they send them bus tickets and taxi vouchers to allow them to 'seek jobs', they word it job seekers allowance so they can spend the money finding a job, yet instead of finding work they sit in the boozer spending their family tax credits, jobseekers allowance and family allowance.

Whittie

23rd Apr 09 at 02:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Cosmos&word2=ssj_kakarot
Cosmo

23rd Apr 09 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
Yeah, I see what you mean, this isn't a playground discussion and the very fact that people are being childish on this topic shows why they should be locked out of threads like this, I personally would like to see jobseekers allowance handed out in a better manner, rather than just pumping money into a scroungers bank, why don't they send them bus tickets and taxi vouchers to allow them to 'seek jobs', they word it job seekers allowance so they can spend the money finding a job, yet instead of finding work they sit in the boozer spending their family tax credits, jobseekers allowance and family allowance.

Exactly.

Why dont the Govt. get these 'job seekers' into one of their places, i.e. in local councils doing general crap, cleaning up around the country, anything really, and then once they do that for the day they get the days benefits.

That way the 'job seekers' are getting experience in a place of work, not sitting at home doing fuck all and actually have to contribute to society to get the money.
Daimo B

23rd Apr 09 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva

I thought Cossy and I were having a good blast about it

Don't start me on the actual wasters... never mind free taxis, what about community service???

People without jobs actually shoudl still EARN their money. Nothing to stop them putting in 2-3 hours a week at least helping their local community. Rubbish collecting, park grass cutting (hence saving council costs), graffiti removal etc etc....

Either that, or bring back mandatory service for the forces?

I do wish people would read the thread though, as what started off as an argument over 1-2 pages, DID turn out to be a good debate.
micra_pete
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cosmo, you should stop working for your dad.

You rich, selfish, snobby twat.

How dare you have a view and money.
Boycey

23rd Apr 09 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would LOVE to meet you in the street cosmo! I would smack you about until you started calling on daddy to come and save you! Now I know why you start debates on corsasport because you have no friends you lonely little posh snobby twat! Power to the people!!
Boycey

23rd Apr 09 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
cosmo, you should stop working for your dad.

You rich, selfish, snobby twat.

How dare you have a view and money.

And you............Would you like a straw?
ShEp

23rd Apr 09 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boycey I don't see you comming across with many political points in this thread,

Just barbarric nonsense

Everytime you post it wreaks of jealousy.

I know you have a point to make, but try making it a little less sinister your about as asubtle as a brick to the face.
richc

23rd Apr 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right im going to read this from the start ill report back...
Boycey

23rd Apr 09 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made my point at the start thank you very much But this cosmo character just keeps coming back with spin! Jealous? Of a little posh twat? You don't know me at all my friend! I would rather start at the bottom and work my way up with hard work over having daddy give me everything in life, anyday of the week!

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Budget 22 database queries in 0.2035670 seconds