corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport 1.8 16v - UPDATE - Sold!

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport 1.8 16v - UPDATE - Sold!
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 10 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Nice.

It's too late now but, I found when I removed my engine the other week, that the RTV had come away from the rubber, it didn't stick very well They took two weeks doing it in layers.

Mine have been slow-baking on top of/next to a radiator on Full since they were done - they are almost ready to go on - if they cock up, i'll just save for some ready made ones
corsadonk
Premium Member

23rd Oct 10 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heating on already it's not even November yet
djgritt
Premium Member

23rd Oct 10 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Heating on already it's not even November yet

Needs must...

And

Fitted the other front window today. Inbetween rain etc!

Then tucked the thing up for a couple of nights - it needs a cover now to stop water going in through the slider holes when it's laid up for days/weeks...

It's in for MOT on Wednesday, so i've got to fit the packed engine mounts and a replacement Cat before then, then once the MOT is out of the way, i'll be going mental with a Holesaw on the excess metal of the inner door skins prior to getting some new doorcards
djgritt
Premium Member

25th Oct 10 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did some bits today, i'm off for the week...

Started off with the Engine Mounts - did the Gearbox/Left side first, the original was sloppy as feck, and the silicone i squirted in there whilst it was fitted a while back hadn't done anything;

Didn't get one of it fitted

Then attempted the Engine/Right side, following the Haynes instructions, and could not get the mount out atall. It is being blocked by the PAS Pump Pulley, Mounting Bracket and Aux Belt, which the Haynes manual doesn't show/take into account in it's instructions, so will need to do it when i have more time to be able to take more apart

Moved on and got the second Transmission/Rear done - again, my packed effort with plain silicone had failed epically;

Then, took out the Door Looms to be rid of all the redundant wiring from the Electric Windows etc, so lost the Electric Mirror heating and control, and central locking in the process - i'll be getting some Manual Mirrors and removing the Locking Solenoids in due course - passenger loom shown;

Then, got a bit excitable with my Drill and a Holesaw, until i almost cooked the drill and drained a couple of batteries...

Might crack out the mains powered drill tomorrow to get it done easier if the weather permits it (and once i've done all the MOT related stuff first! I get too easily distracted...)

Then, didn't get any pics as light was fading by the time i'd finished, I removed the Decat section ready to fit a replacement Cat tomorrow, though i need to get the centre section extension piece, as i forgot to get one the other day when i got the Cat...
djgritt
Premium Member

5th Nov 10 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It now has a fresh MOT, so potentially another year of minor neglect and more abuse is approaching...

Recently becoming single too = more expendable fundage!

Sneak Preview of the weekend ahead;

Sandsy

5th Nov 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

single is the way forward when building track cars, my mrs left me so i bought a diff

looks crackin mate
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Nov 10 at 07:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sandsy
single is the way forward when building track cars, my mrs left me so i bought a diff

looks crackin mate

Cheers

I've got a hankering for more Carbon stuff now, can see where my extra money is going to go!
Kieran
Premium Member

6th Nov 10 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm sorry but that made me giggle

Nice work on the car bud
Sandsy

6th Nov 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kizzacorsab
quote:

I'm sorry but that made me giggle

Nice work on the car bud

true stuff that
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Nov 10 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finished both doors today;

Finished cutting with the Holesaw - 30 holes cut on each door...

Then fitted the other card, and refit the one I did yesterday;

Now I need to sort my dimmer switch for the Dash Lights - it broke internally and needs some 'adjustment' to get the dash to illuminate again...
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Jan 11 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't done much with this since the last update - I've been away from home on/off for the whole time since mid November...

But, still got things going on - hoping to have an X18XE1 in there by April, ready for Combe and the show season - I will have the money to do that very soon, unless I spend it on another of my plans

Going to be getting a new/replacement Cage for it, going over the front section of the Cabin - can't find any used ones and am slightly scared by the price for a new one - would need to spend another bloody week away from home to be able to just buy one without concern!

And got these this week - they have turned up at home and the person feeding my cat has put them all in the house for me whilst i'm away til Weds, which is annoying as now I just want to get them fitted!

Lights were from Bigron1988 on here, and the LED Indicators were inspired by Faz - nice one guys

Morettes;

LED Indicator Strips & Line Resistors;

Once I get home, I'll be getting into this again...
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morettes & Pikey LED Indicators. Done.

Well, the Lights will come off again to have the Inner lamps replaced with Scoops eventually, once I find some that will fit!

Got started by removing the bumper to gain better access to everything;

Then, swapped a headlight for the new one, and mounted the load resistor for the LEDs to the steel below;

Did the wiring for it - load resistor is in parallel to the load - also used detachable crimps to allow easy disconnection of the LEDs;

Mounted the LEDs through drilled holes in the Bumper itself - a nice, tight push fit and glued for a bit of extra security - then just quickly connected up for a test;

Then did all the above for the other side;

Then, refitted the bumper after tidying the wiring;

And a slightly different look to the front end;

Not too sure on the Indicators, but meh, they work and are done now.
Jon_C
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lights look cool. Not so sure on the indicators though
Saloon

22nd Jan 11 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adds to the whole overall Shonky Track slag appeal!

Nice one Dave.
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

I'm sure the Indicators will grow on me, or I'll get used to them and not notice them so much

Probably should have done them in the Black part of the bumper, but meh
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't take a Genius to figure out what's going on next...

Hodgy

6th Feb 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate just put the same engine in not on the road like should go well when ya all finished
.Matt

6th Feb 11 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm is that a veccy downpipe... i thought the astra version had the better bends for the exhaust.

What do the indicators look like at night?

[Edited on 06-02-2011 by .Matt]
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by .Matt
Hmm is that a veccy downpipe... i thought the astra version had the better bends for the exhaust.

What do the indicators look like at night?

It is the Vectra pipe - don't know if theres actually that much of a significant difference between this and the Astra one TBH

Indicators look alright at night - not as obvious as the standard ones though I must admit - May need to put another strip on each side to bulk them out a bit, or look at alternatives.
MELV14

7th Feb 11 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cracking read since I last looked. Good work.
DaveyLC

12th Feb 11 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The loom was stripped out today and I started stripping the 1.8 block.. Shes on one of the ramps now ready for the engine to be swapped out hopefully on Monday

djgritt
Premium Member

12th Feb 11 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DaveyLC

14th Feb 11 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engines out

And the original loom:

Has been turned into this:
DaveyLC

17th Feb 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound-deadening removed and steam cleaned:

That sound deadening was a PIG to shift.
SeanXE

17th Feb 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it your still doing 1.8 conversions Davey How much do you charge for that btw? And do you supply everything

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport 1.8 16v - UPDATE - Sold! 23 database queries in 0.0192590 seconds