corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hahaha unlucky you dumb thieves, I'm so glad that you're so dumb

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hahaha unlucky you dumb thieves, I'm so glad that you're so dumb
All Torque

User status: Offline
12th Dec 09 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan

That is quite funny

That pic (and indeed the news story) is 100% pure cut sugar-coated WIN.
Cosmo

12th Dec 09 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
First off, I dont know how your insurance works - but in our dealership it paid off the credit line for any outstanding amounts on stock we had. Paid out the wholesale value of any of our assets (£600,000 of stock and assets with a credit line of 90k) It actually got us out the shit with the credit line and got us the cash for stock we were struggling to shift. 2 completely different lines of business so i cant really comment for you as you know your clothing sales far better than i do.

6 small shops, so thats about £160k of stock per store assuming its distributed evenly. Would 40k of stock from one of those stores bring down the whole chain? Really? I cant see it myself.

Employees loosing jobs would be a bit of a shitter, but thats life and i dont know anyone who thinks their job is 100% secure at the moment.

And you can honestly say, if you had the chance to turn your life around by comitting one theft that wouldnt completely ruin a firm you wouldnt, and you would work at maccies for the rest of your life just existing?

You really are a tool

Why? Because i live by the notion that the law are rules for the stupid, and guidelines for the learned?

Seriously why are you even arguing with me, you know what i mean, you know the reasoning behind my points so stop stringing this out just so you have a reason to speak to me!

No, because you have all this theory in your head (which granted on paper will work) - but in the real word nothing you suggest would actually happen as you have suggested.

And fyi I did say stock was well over £1m, not dead on. I could send you current stock lists with the total but I wont - either way if you insist on a company turning over close to £2m as being small then I feel for your future business venture.
DizzyRebel

12th Dec 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Change the record dude!

Im not interested in prying into your stock lists etc as your private life is yours and i dont wish to discuss it over the net!

Althoug 2m turnover is impressive. You deal in very expensive goods and with 6 stores the overheads must be quite substantial so is the profit from that 2m as impressive as the turnover itself?
Cosmo

12th Dec 09 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Change the record dude!

Im not interested in prying into your stock lists etc as your private life is yours and i dont wish to discuss it over the net!

Althoug 2m turnover is impressive. You deal in very expensive goods and with 6 stores the overheads must be quite substantial so is the profit from that 2m as impressive as the turnover itself?

Strange how your second and third paragraph totally contradict each other

All Im after is you saying you were wrong, you were being a dick, etc. - something along those lines then I'll drop it. You dont know everything mate, and you got found out last night when you thought you could just shout shit once again and you'd be correct. I dont argue when you do it in Sports day as you know more than me in that situation, but in this you know no more than I do, and I know a lot of what you've said only exists and could happen in that head of yours.

Expensive goods? Its no more expensive than what someone would spend on clothing in a year (in fact its a lot less for most, avg spend is probably £800 ish). Its also a one off item for most people. As for profit, the mark up on our items is well above retail average and our costs are no higher than any other retail business.
DizzyRebel

12th Dec 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I noticed that but couldnt be arsed to change it lol, my intrigue gets the better of me though!

I wont say i was wrong or being a dick, but i will say you are right on the grounds that no one deserves to loose out for anothers gain regardless of their situation. My original argument was simply that they didnt deserve death and its wrong to pass judgement before you know the ins and outs of the story that is all. I probably elabourated too much and wrote some wrong things but i was just trying to get the point across that not everyone is fortunate enough to have the opportunities me or you will to get on in life and they may well resort to crime if they see it as the only way out.

So a 10-20p profit in every pound of turnover wouldnt be far out then?
Cosmo

12th Dec 09 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So a 10-20p profit in every pound of turnover wouldnt be far out then?

It would be lower than the real figure.
DizzyRebel

12th Dec 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hats off to you then!
Cosmo

12th Dec 09 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad didnt build up the largest IFA in the country from nothing, to then know fuck all about how to run a business successfully
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Dec 09 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its wrong to pass judgement before you know the ins and outs of the story that is all.

the ins and outs are pretty clear

they are dumb thieving scum

they stole goods to sell for their own profit

they were too stupid to see a train

died

good riddance
Cosmo

12th Dec 09 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:
its wrong to pass judgement before you know the ins and outs of the story that is all.

the ins and outs are pretty clear

they are dumb thieving scum

they stole goods to sell for their own profit

they were too stupid to see a train

died

good riddance

Summed up nicely.
Eck
Premium Member

12th Dec 09 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
but I can sympathise with Cosmo if he wants to denounce a £40k retail burglary.

If someone did that to me then they'd be better hit by a train than me getting my hands on them thats for sure.

Yes, because that is politically correct too.

Oh get to fuck you whinging faced little runt. If you're not moaning about your life, you're moaning about something else!! They were criminals. They stole someone's quad, then stole a fortune worth of clothing... At least they won't be stealing my oxygen any more.
GF-91
Banned

12th Dec 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving Andrews posts.
'Let's defend a thief', yet if he got robbed he'd not be saying the same thing.
Say Andrew, if you get robbed, come back and let's see if your views are the same.
' They must have been on the bread line' no excuse tbh!
alan-g-w

13th Dec 09 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Answer this: If they didn't get hit by that train, would they still DESERVE to die because they robbed a shop?

You're looking at it differently than me. Of course they don't deserve to die, it's not the most serious of crimes you are correct. They way I look at it is that I want to prevent people stealing things and I also want people to get jobs and generally not be dole scroungers. And getting runover by a train actually satisfies to the last two very well. Harsh perhaps that they died for it but think of how many more people won't be burgled and how much dole money will be saved by them being dead. Loads

I can see where you're coming from, but things like putting a 'cool' smiley after talking about 2 people who died is what's wrong with this thread.
alan-g-w

13th Dec 09 at 02:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
but killing someone for stealing is like hitting someone for accidently bumping into you.
If they accidentally ram raided the shop then yeah, I've ever sympathy for them. Remind me - was it an accident?

Nope, I was simply making the point that how you deal with a situation has to take into account the details of said situation.

I was in no way, shape or form saying what they did was an accident. But I think you knew that anyway really - if you had quoted the first part of the sentence ('The punishment should fit the crime') it would have been painfully obvious.
alan-g-w

13th Dec 09 at 02:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
the people doing the things with flowers and on facebook is completely out of order, they aint murderers, they are not rapists or paedofiles so to mock the death and say they deserved it is bang out of order imo.

Agree completely.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Dec 09 at 05:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why shouldn't I consider it cool - less people to rob me or other people and less benefits paid out to said robbers.

I assume they're on benefits - the supporters paint the picture that they need them.

Two less people in the system, cost of benefits down.

Crime solved and no more occuring, cost of crime down.

No further claims, cost of insurance down.

That's a fair old win win for me. I'm genuinely struggling to see what is so wrong with ridding the county of thieves.
alan-g-w

13th Dec 09 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with what the gist of what you're saying. If you said they deserved jail or a similair fair punishment I would be completely agreeing with you.

But you're actually sitting there claiming that it is a fair punishment for a thief to die if they've committed a crime. I wonder how you would feel if it was a cousin or uncle of yours who went a bit off the rails, but instead of going out raping and assaulting people he knocked over a shop. Would you say they still deserved to die, if you knew the background story? That's why I'm not so eager to play the 'they deserved it card', you just don't know anything more about it than a news article has told you. And if you draw all your facts from sources like that you're going to be one seriously misguided individal.
GF-91
Banned

13th Dec 09 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alan , say they lived, say they got away with it, and then they went on to rob your house or potentially ruin your business (if you have one) by breaking into that and taking property; what would you say then?
I know you wouldn't say you would like them to go jail for a month and stay on tag for 12 months.
BarnshaW

13th Dec 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus christ, yea they broke in and stole some stuff, i am sure everyone has stolen something at some point in their life?

at what point though is it acceptable? at what point do you say "yea they need to die for that" , do they have to steal a mars bar from the shop or 40k of clothes? wheres the scale or limit?

fact of the matter is stealing (from a big organisation) is NOT the crime of the century and IMO should not be punishable by death, i once stole a skateboard off my mate, i should be shot. I bet half the people condeming the robbery have watched pirate films, thats stealing.
GF-91
Banned

13th Dec 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair point about the pirate films. Key difference is not everyone will steal to then make profit and this is stealing customers from the company.
These theives were not people who went for a big business for the first time they stole something. My opinion is they went from smaller jobs, such as car thefts, house burglaries, and then up to the business.
But that's my opinion.
Shell
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really, who gives a fuck? They died, they didn't. Whatever.
GF-91
Banned

13th Dec 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I care. Its humourous.
alan-g-w

13th Dec 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GaryF
Alan , say they lived, say they got away with it, and then they went on to rob your house or potentially ruin your business (if you have one) by breaking into that and taking property; what would you say then?
I know you wouldn't say you would like them to go jail for a month and stay on tag for 12 months.

Obviously I'd be upset and if I caught them at it I'd want to leather them. But would never go so far as to even think about killing them for it.
Nath

13th Dec 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again, I don't think people are saying they'd kill a thief. It's more that they bought on their own downfall. And that's why its very hard to have any sympathy for them.
alan-g-w

13th Dec 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what was GaryF getting at?

People in here are saying they deserved to die for doing the crime - that's what I don't agree with. I think it was in my first post on the subject I said it was their own fault, but saying they brought it on themselves and saying they deserved to die for it are two totally different things.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hahaha unlucky you dumb thieves, I'm so glad that you're so dumb 22 database queries in 0.0193889 seconds