corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you're not Prem

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you're not Prem
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
1st Jan 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
if you havent got a corsa you cant show on a corsasport stand.

shit

a nova is a corsa a though? if i could show with cs at pvs i would happily go preem.

but also cs stickers or keyring is a huge incentive to join
ShEp

1st Jan 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to renew mine.

Shall do it next week
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jan 11 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason we exclude Novas is that they're generally accepted in the UK as a different car. There are also well established clubs that you can show Novas with so we're not leaving anyone without somewhere to show.

Novas would also be welcome at WR events or at TVL where CS is open to all Vauxhalls.

[Edited on 01-01-2011 by Ian]
taylorboosh

1st Jan 11 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so cs is open to all vaux at tvl or wr events but not at pvs? why? any reason?

not to try and tell you how to run your site but this clearly has evolved from being just a corsa site
Gary
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shall be renewing. Just because I use the forum a lot and don't mind paying for the pleasure.
Matt L

1st Jan 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont really know why i didnt renew tbh, dont use the site as much as i used too so suppose its probably that.
Rich H

1st Jan 11 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was the decision about closing CS if WR didn't take off btw?

Obv I don't have a Corsa anymore, but still pay premium on this site, not for any of the benefits that a Prem get's though!

I don't want to take my Mini on track and don't have much interest in track days, so where does that leave me?
Jake

1st Jan 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£12.50 out of pocket mate
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jan 11 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
so cs is open to all vaux at tvl or wr events but not at pvs? why? any reason?

WR events are nothing to do with CS so open to all cars.

CS at PVS is a Corsa stand because there are other clubs for other Vauxhalls

CS at TVL we opened up to all Vauxhalls to support the show as it was new. We weren't clear which other clubs were going to be there and there were people with no stand to go on. I would imagine this won't be the case this year.

CS won't be at Trax this year, Trax is now a WR event, so any car is fine here.
Rich H

1st Jan 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
£12.50 out of pocket mate

Other than that
StuartVRS

1st Jan 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately i dont come here as often as id like due to young daughter taking up my spare time. That and i dont have a Corsa mean i dont get the full benefit from the features. I still think this is a cracking place to be and that £12.50 is not a lot for membership. I think if i was still able to attend shows id pay it but the lack of a vaux and spare time makes it hard to warrant it.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jan 11 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
The decision to close CS was based on the viability of CS.
taylorboosh

1st Jan 11 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally just think the b's time has come and the site would be far better of moving towards a broader outlook imo
Rich H

1st Jan 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
The decision to close CS was based on the viability of CS.

Are you still looking to close CS then? There was never really a conclusion that I was aware of anyway.

WR isn't a forum for me, and CS is purely because in reality it's far more than just a Corsa site these days - hence why I do still pay Prem and contributed to the truck etc.
taylorboosh

1st Jan 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the site has a huge variety of different car owners and the majority of people who use it regularly dont have corsas although a lot do still have vaux cars.

this site has very few c's or d's so is mainly a b's orientated site, any one who buys a b nowadays is usually young and types all brap brap, get flamed and the site gets no new members..
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jan 11 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Are you still looking to close CS then?
Not at all, what I said was that if either site was in the position this year that it was in last year that I will close it.

Which is why there is work going on with both sites to ensure that isn't the case. It's more of an expression of how much work I wanted to do than a desire to throw in any towels.
Rich H

1st Jan 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, so will CS be changing it's focus more to cars in general, or cutting down on that and refocusing purely on Corsa's?

That will have a big influence over whether I renew in April or not.
XE Col
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will be going preem in a couple of weeks when the money is in the bank, every little helps
random dav
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not ever thought of doing one or two more shows enabling the members who dont own a corsa a chance to get on? A pity donny aint on anymore

WRLFC !

Project cars
Cole

1st Jan 11 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I also think in this case there are people who don't mind paying because they know the money goes towards useful stuff even though they themselves don't benefit, and there are people who don't want to pay but still occasionally take some benefits, even just using the site to post costs money which has to come from somewhere. And if you get to a show, bonus. The food isn't pricey when you consider you eat like a king all day at potentially a number of events.

I have to say I am guilty of the latter part I haven't contributed to the site for 3 yrs but still take advantage of show benefits even when I didn't show on the stands
taylorboosh

1st Jan 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok, so will CS be changing it's focus more to cars in general, or cutting down on that and refocusing purely on Corsa's?

i think cs could rival mig as a vaux cars in general
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jan 11 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It'll never focus purely on Corsas, that is not realistic. But I would like to be able to get a good number of Corsas to a CS stand at any given show.

That doesn't preclude membership from people with other cars, it just means we need to focus on getting Corsas to shows. I don't plan on losing people on that basis.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jan 11 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by random dav
not ever thought of doing one or two more shows enabling the members who dont own a corsa a chance to get on? A pity donny aint on anymore
Trax is now WR for that reason and we may explore others.
taylorboosh

1st Jan 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weekend racer looked crap last time i went on though.. its just not the same
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent been on there for ages but was doing ok last time i was on

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you're not Prem 23 database queries in 0.0324440 seconds