corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » UN Approves no fly zone over Libya, fire up the Typhoons!

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author UN Approves no fly zone over Libya, fire up the Typhoons!
JaffaTB

User status: Offline
20th Mar 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^lol, i did
SportBoy

20th Mar 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ... thought it was a pisstake tbh untill i googled it
RCoughtrie

20th Mar 11 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need a good world war to sort the world tbh... cleanse

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Do fine Albert send them down
Ben D

20th Mar 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
In times like these contracts mean shit, just a bit of paper.
Oil is worth billions, i'm sure we will profit from this war.

Like we profited from the Iraqi war? the projected cost of the Iraq war for the USA alone is $2.4Trillion, It would be quite hard to recoup them costs, especially considering that figure is equal to an entire year's income from all revenue streams for the US government [the income figure quoted was pre-recession too]

Also the 112 tomahawk missiles which were used yesterday all costs between $475,000 - $550,000 each alone, which gives you an idea of how quickly costs can spiral.

IIRC I read 2/3 days ago that BP released a statement which claimed their contract is still valid.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

around 800 euros each for storm shadow missiles, even more for Taurus, but only luftwaffe really use those
moka

20th Mar 11 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the fuck are we doing in libya ffs... get out and leave them to it!
Mad Moe

20th Mar 11 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
around 800 euros each for storm shadow missiles

Try times by 50 and you're close
Steve
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oops i meant 800k
Mad Moe

20th Mar 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And meant times by 500 and I still wasn't even close
Dr Pepper

20th Mar 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We really dont do ourselves many favours - in 2009 we sent SAS troops to Libya to train Gaddafis special forces who are now slaughtering its civilians - this was done despite it being a fact that libya supplied the IRA with semtex and machine guns which were used to fund the killing of British servicemen in the other war we were fighting in Ireland. All of Gaddafis special forces use arms purchased from uk companies. In the 1980s and 1990s Libya supplied the IRA with Semtex used in at least ten attacks, including the bombings of Harrods in 1983 and Warrington and the City of London ten years later. It was also used by the Real IRA at Omagh in 1998. Libya also supplied machine guns and anti-aircraft missiles fired at British troops in Northern Ireland.

This training was given in return for a host of trade deals made between Libya and major British companies.

Understandably the SAS were not thrilled at the idea of training people who they know they would have to go back and fight at some point - or who were at least responsible for funding and arming terrorists we were fighting elsewhere -

the foreign office replied to this critisism in 2009 by saying

“We have an ongoing co-operation with Libya in the field of defence”.

In 2011 we send SAS back to Libya to rescue hundreds uk nationals from the elite gaddafi gaurd we armed and trained - the foreing office now say

"We strongly condemn the deplorable actions of the Gaddafi regime. The violence towards Libyan citizens and foreign nationals is deplorable, unacceptable and must come to an end. We urge the Libyan authorities to seek a peaceful solution."

We then end up with sas troops in libyan dungeons after the mission to rescue brits is bungled.
mwg

20th Mar 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uh oh
John

20th Mar 11 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tl;dr
Dr Pepper

20th Mar 11 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
In times like these contracts mean shit, just a bit of paper.
Oil is worth billions, i'm sure we will profit from this war.

Like we profited from the Iraqi war? the projected cost of the Iraq war for the USA alone is $2.4Trillion, It would be quite hard to recoup them costs, especially considering that figure is equal to an entire year's income from all revenue streams for the US government [the income figure quoted was pre-recession too]

Also the 112 tomahawk missiles which were used yesterday all costs between $475,000 - $550,000 each alone, which gives you an idea of how quickly costs can spiral.

IIRC I read 2/3 days ago that BP released a statement which claimed their contract is still valid.

You are missing the point a bit here - its not about us and america making profit from oil in Iraq. Its about American corporate companies making profit from oil in Iraq. These companies then bankroll the election campaign of the men who make the wars happen, or just give them a multi million pound yearly salery as special advisers or lobyists the moment they finish in politics.

I have no doubt in my mind that the only reason we have been in bed with Gadaffi for decades is because we made lots of money out of it. I agree with you we are not bombing them now "for oil". We are trying to avoid a very embarrasing situation more than anything.

I also have no doubt in my mind that the main reason we went to war with iraq is that companies like halliburton wanted it. It wasnt a war we could win, there was no good tactical reason to go to iraq - we had to invent that excuse ... if you dont think we were there for money - I would love to know why you think we were there?

Its simple - uk/us tax payers pay for the war, iraqi civilians are the main casualties of the war, American companies are the only victors of the war, Bush gets a second term...and all his friends get a seat on the board at some pretty big us oil firms.

And the reason you dont think they made much out of it is becuase they stopped metering iraqi oil ... its estimated £60 billion of Iraqi wealth went missing in the first year of the war.]

[Edited on 20-03-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Ste
Premium Member

21st Mar 11 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'm with all the liberals in here! It's for oil. Just like when we removed Hitler. Genocide my arse, we now own Germany's oil.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
ShEp

21st Mar 11 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a farce

We can't afford this war, neither can America, which is why they are holding back this time.

This is going to cripple the country.
baza31

21st Mar 11 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this country is becoming a joke. The full country should have a "poll" to what goes on where people can vote . Especially when its our money they are spending
Russ

21st Mar 11 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont seem to mind spending other peoples money Baza31, so i dont think you can say shit son.
Butler

21st Mar 11 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
this country is becoming a joke. The full country should have a "poll" to what goes on where people can vote . Especially when its our money they are spending

Did you sleep through the election?
Steve
Premium Member

21st Mar 11 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so far what they are planning wont cost this country much, look how many countries are involved the costs will be very diluted.

if this country is in a mess blame the last govt. and its wars
adiohead

21st Mar 11 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr P knows his shit!
Ojc

21st Mar 11 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look you fucking imbeciles, so what if it's about oil? Do you really want these third world countries holding us to ransom when oil starts to get low? We need to install governments in these Arab countries that we have power over.
adiohead

21st Mar 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck oil, the sooner we fuck oil the sooner we can progress.
oceansoul

21st Mar 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Look you fucking imbeciles, so what if it's about oil? Do you really want these third world countries holding us to ransom when oil starts to get low? We need to install governments in these Arab countries that we have power over.

This.

To all the haters saying its not our war etc, what exactly is our war?? Go back to hugging trees you fucking hippies!

I say we invade all these countries with oil. They dont need it, we do. Bring back the old ways of the great british empire.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Mar 11 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FUCKING GOING MAD HWEAR U CUNT@S
SetH

21st Mar 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

This.

To all the haters saying its not our war etc, what exactly is our war?? Go back to hugging trees you fucking hippies!

I say we invade all these countries with oil. They dont need it, we do. Bring back the old ways of the great british empire.

THIS

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » UN Approves no fly zone over Libya, fire up the Typhoons! 23 database queries in 0.0180929 seconds