corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jeremy Clarkson Does It Again

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jeremy Clarkson Does It Again
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
Fuck me he's off again!

What has this got to do with a quote being taken out of context again?

It's called a discussion

Think this is a decent thread, not really boring at all... Why read it and reply if you think it's boring. What's the point of a thread where everyone gives one line simplistic replys? It's gone 7 pages so it must be of some interest... Couldn't really care less if you think im an idiot- at least people are thinking in here- don't see it as a bad thing personally

Don't really see the point in sitting and reading an Internet forum and moaning long posts are boring... Log off
taylorboosh

2nd Dec 11 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. You dont type essays
richardworrall
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AND AGAIN!!!!!
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/jeremy-clarkson-train-suicides-selfish-121341127.html
Cavey

3rd Dec 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's right again though
moka

3rd Dec 11 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
He's right again though

Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 11 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
I guarantee no one in the public sector works harder then Dr Peppers keyboard
Sunz

3rd Dec 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richardworrall
AND AGAIN!!!!!
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/jeremy-clarkson-train-suicides-selfish-121341127.html

Obviously then his never been seriously depressed or in a situation where he feels the only way out is death, they will pick a train because it will be quick and painless, you don't really think about the feelings of others when your that depressed, it's always like it empties your mind of emotions, pity etc So yeah it's selfish that others have to deal with that on their way to work but he just comes across as blunt, inhumane and arrogant.
John

3rd Dec 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone without a sense of humour should be shot in front of their family.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 11 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's right though - the word selfish actually means 'concerned primarily with one's own interests', which is obviously the case for anyone in that position.

He's also right that it causes a large amount of disruption to a large number of people.

I also don't believe he misunderstands the issues surrounding suicide, he's a clever man, I'm sure in the midst of a proper debate he would be able to empathise with either side of the argument. Not sure MIND or any of these people really need to educate him.

In fact I'm sure what role MIND have in the majority of suicides because I think in most cases, help is not sought prior to it happening.
taylorboosh

3rd Dec 11 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love jezza
Sunz

3rd Dec 11 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
In fact I'm sure what role MIND have in the majority of suicides because I think in most cases, help is not sought prior to it happening.

I take it from this you have been in that position yourself or know someone close to you, I personally don't agree.

quote:
Originally posted by John
Anyone without a sense of humour should be shot in front of their family.

Wouldn't be anyone shot then, as we all find something funny, therefore expressing humour by appreciating something humorous.

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by Sunz]
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 11 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lost a friend to it and I'm quite sure he didn't tell anyone, never mind charity or self help things.

My point was they're not given the chance to intervene, most of the time no one is.

They come out all upset and vocal about the fact they're speaking out on behalf of victims but that is just not the case is it.

No figures to hand but how many suicide victims do they assist? I mean the people who do it, not those who are left to deal. What percentage of people who take their own lives do they get to and help? 10%? 5%?
Dave

3rd Dec 11 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't say anything remotely controversial without some charity/society/organisation crawling out of the woodwork looking for their 15 minutes, telling everyone who will listen how offended they are.

The simple fact in this case is a quote was taken completely out of context and the press became little more than a lynch mob, looking to ruin a career. If anything what he said was more a dig at the BBC compliance directives than public sector workers.

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by CorsaDave]
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Dec 11 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't make a newsworthy headline if you bother with the details though does it
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have approximately 472% more sympathy for the driver of a train which struck down somebody in an act of suicide.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jeremy Clarkson Does It Again 23 database queries in 0.2216880 seconds