corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  77    78    79    80    81    82    83  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Cosmo

User status: Offline
6th Jan 10 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and I also think those people have stuck to everything 100%, absolutely perfect on everything.

Most have gone on to become official P90X 'trainers' and get paid to be so. They have also often won $1000 for being 'most improved' etc. so have obviously put it all in to win those things and to earn that money.
Cosmo

6th Jan 10 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, can certainly see your biceps are much bigger. You're lucky as you have little fat on your arms so any gain can really be seen.

Even though you've put some weight on you're certainly less than the start of it all.
Cosmo

6th Jan 10 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
So that vid of that 'josh' guy - he doesn't look like he does later on at the start, but if you look closely at the start, he's already got strong sholders, arms, etc... its just he's carrying a bit of fat on top that covers it...

I read his blog now, and he constantly posts about his days of playing decent level baseball, and how that involved working out daily, and he was taking plenty of supplements back then to aid his growth. So he obviously had a great base to work from and just needed to get back in to it.
Paul_J

6th Jan 10 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
im gonna be honest from the people posting pics i can see gains but just not the way they are on youtube seems a bit strange

My theory on this is those who have seen the amazing results on Youtube and the like are people who have been in that shape in the past, let themselves go and basically covered a good muscle structure in fat. They start this, the fat goes fairly quick and the 'muscle memory' gives them a great base that bulks up and they look big again.

Where as me, Ive never touched the gym in my life. Im naturally big from playing rugby for years and plenty of other sport, but although my base was big it wasnt toned at all and certainly has no 'muscle memory' to speak of.

Yeah exactly...

I still think p90x is a good thing, for just getting into a 'better shape' - but I don't think it's going to give transformations on people who've never been in good shape before...

I would be interested in getting a proper gym program done for like a few nights a week after this... The thing that made me lose interest the most with p90x is the fact it takes so much time to do, and that I have such limited available time a day.

I'll finish it anyway... but you can now see why i was looking at HIIT and cutting... rather than continuing doing what p90x was saying.
Paul_J

6th Jan 10 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is that fit blonde i posted about the other day... she clearly was very fit before she had a baby... let herself go a bit...

did p90x and ended up in great shape again (plus since it's relevant to her career, she probably dedicated her life to it / whole day preparing meals and exercising).

My lifestyle really doesn't suit doing p90x... I get about 3-4 hours free time a day... (p90x takes 1 hour 30 with ab ripper), add in cooking dinner and having a wash - it leaves me with about an hour a day to 'chill out' / 'do my own thing'.

Added to that, the fact it's hard to eat good protein all day long with my lifestyle and the fact I do like going out drinking with mates quite often - it's not a great receipe.

I do believe if i leaned out now, I'd have a body I'd be much happier with by the end of p90x... hence I will continue p90x - but also be aiming to cut / lean out by the end.
Cosmo

6th Jan 10 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh I think P90X will get you in the sort of shape that Josh is in - I just dont think its possible to do it in 90 days for everyone.

Ive nearly sorted my plan for after this, and it'll be another round of P90X but with some slightly modified workouts to be more intense weight wise with an aim to build size, and I'll deal with whats left of my fat when I come to cut before summer.
Paul_J

6th Jan 10 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was kinda my point in the post on the prev page...

most people who start out average, only get into 'great' shape in round 2 or 3 of p90x... Note I said round and not phase.

e.g. first round goes from Below Average to just 'Above Average' / 'Quite Good'...

- To be honest, I enjoy p90x as it tells you exactly what to do and it's good for just keeping fit, but I think I need to find something that just takes less time to do / less days a week to do.

imo p90x is not a life style choice... I can't do p90x forever and be able to live a normal life.

[Edited on 06-01-2010 by Paul_J]
Cosmo

6th Jan 10 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah agreed about the length of them, Im lucky I work at home and can kind of work around this, I wouldnt of been able to do it otherwise.

The next one the ab rippers will be moved to a Tues/Thurs/Sat along with some HIIT. There wont be any Plyo or Kenpo.

Mon/Wed/Fri will still be the resistance days, probably Chest, Shoulder and Tri/Legs/Back and Bicep in that order. I'll slightly cut the number of exercises within each one (basically cut out the higher rep ones) and then really cut down the number of reps and increase the weight a lot, with slightly longer rests between. Will be using weights for pull/push ups too in a backpack.

Will add in the odd extra exercise I feel is needed too, probably a few more specific chest exercises and dont think this targets them enough.
Paul_J

6th Jan 10 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

makes sense.

Yeah working from home can't be bad. I spend over 2 hours a day just commuting which could be used for the work outs!
Lawrah
Premium Member

6th Jan 10 at 01:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I act all blonde and stupid, will someone sent me the dvd's ?
Paul_J

6th Jan 10 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u Dan.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 10 at 01:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah

if you promise to send me naked before and after pics i'll send you one
Lawrah
Premium Member

6th Jan 10 at 02:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deal.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 10 at 02:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ching ching
BarnshaW

6th Jan 10 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have started my own routine so i will post pics etc when i have some results.
Marc

6th Jan 10 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What do you mean act?
Andy Stocker

6th Jan 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think 3 months before I go on holiday i'm going to have a go at this
Cosmo

6th Jan 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is my modified plan which I will be starting next Monday, aim will be low 6-8 reps, and the likes of press ups and pull ups will be heavily weighted so not in the high numbers they currently are. I will remove some of the workouts that I dont feel push me enough to aid a longer time between each set.

Monday - Chest, Shoulders and Tricep (same as P90X)
Tuesday - HIIT and Ab Ripper X
Wednesday - Legs and Back (same as P90X)
Thursday - HIIT and Ab Ripper X
Friday - Chest and Bicep/Tricep (will be a mix of P90X workouts)
Saturday - HIIT and Ab Ripper X
Sunday - Rest

That'll be for the first 4 weeks, will only tweak it slightly for the following 4 weeks. This has come from a mix of the guy who made P90X, after people were asking for more of a building workout with less of the cardio, and also my own decisions - so comments are welcome!
DizzyRebel

6th Jan 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm, you are doing chest twice, triceps twice but back and legs once... and i bet your back and legs are the 2 muscle groups lagging behind the most.

On friday id do chest and back, as opposed to arms.
Cosmo

6th Jan 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Hmmm, you are doing chest twice, triceps twice but back and legs once... and i bet your back and legs are the 2 muscle groups lagging behind the most.

My legs arent lagging behind, in fact they are the only part of me through the years that have always had a good workout.

I agree though about the back, I did want to add that in there but Monday is mainly Tricep and not bicep.

I may change Monday to be arms instead of just tripcep. Then can change the Friday to chest and back rather than arms.
Lawrah
Premium Member

6th Jan 10 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

What do you mean act?

I aint blonde or stupid tbh.
DizzyRebel

6th Jan 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel

My legs arent lagging behind, in fact they are the only part of me through the years that have always had a good workout.

I agree though about the back, I did want to add that in there but Monday is mainly Tricep and not bicep.

I may change Monday to be arms instead of just tripcep. Then can change the Friday to chest and back rather than arms.

Or you could leave monday the same, and change weds to legs back and biceps seeing as biceps are secondary movers in all pulling exercises. Chins and curls alone give you mega bicep stimulation.
Cosmo

6th Jan 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have a look whats about - the legs and back involves pull ups for a lot of the exercises as it is anyway.

Ideally Im trying to keep as many of the workouts to the p90x as possible, so that may well work out better this way.
DizzyRebel

6th Jan 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The system works, But it makes sense to train back with biceps rather than a separate arm day when you are only doing 3 days on the weights anyway - its simply too much volume.

A 4 day split of back, chest and shoulders, arms, legs would allow you more time to complete your workout and thus allow you to throughly obliterate the muscle on each chosen day - rather than rush about doing half arsed exercises and being too tired to pop out decent reps and weights on the final muscle group of the day.

P90x will work for fat burning, but for gaining mass, you are going to have to drop one cardio day and add an extra weight day and there is no 2 ways about it
Cosmo

6th Jan 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Im more than happy to swap out one of the HIIT for another weight day - I only did three as it happened to be how it worked out when I picked the p90x days.

Having looked at your workout a few pages back, if I split it in to 4 days then the actual workouts (other than the specific exercises being different) would be more or less the same length and intensity as yours.

Will look in to 4 days a bit more and which P90 workouts can fit in it, but off the top of my head something like...

Shoulders and Chest
HIIT
Legs
Arms
HIIT
Chest and Back

<<  77    78    79    80    81    82    83  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 23 database queries in 0.0449400 seconds