corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  78    79    80    81    82    83    84  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Ben G

User status: Offline
6th Jan 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the results on your arms is good paul. can see the shape coming.

just gotta keep a strict diet as you said.
Pop

6th Jan 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Day 3 is done. Switched the days about and did X-Stretch as my body was pretty sore this morning. It's done me the world of good to have a dedicated stretching session.

Arms and shoulders tomorrow. How this this one compare to chest and back?
Cosmo

6th Jan 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its easier than Chest and Back, but you need to make sure you get the right weights - this first session will be a bit of a miss tbh as you figure it all out, but make sure to write down exactly the weights and reps and if you need more or less next time.
Pop

6th Jan 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I did with chest and back.
Cosmo

6th Jan 10 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, but chest and back is more or less pull ups and push ups (just a few weights involved) so thats more of just going all out to do the max possible - this is weights for each one so a lot more to get right/wrong!
DizzyRebel

6th Jan 10 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
TBH Im more than happy to swap out one of the HIIT for another weight day - I only did three as it happened to be how it worked out when I picked the p90x days.

Having looked at your workout a few pages back, if I split it in to 4 days then the actual workouts (other than the specific exercises being different) would be more or less the same length and intensity as yours.

Will look in to 4 days a bit more and which P90 workouts can fit in it, but off the top of my head something like...

Shoulders and Chest
HIIT
Legs
Arms
HIIT
Chest and Back

The only thing with that is i do 6 back exercises in my back session, so if i work to failure its a 45 minute session, chest again is another 30 minutes so for a body part split, chest and back are a bit much to work together.

Your body type seems like it will respond better to an all out bodybuilding routine. Stop thinking p90x structure - and start to think bodybuilding structure with p90x intensity and discipline and you will make huge progress.
lostboy
Banned

7th Jan 10 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is it that now sells these dvds?
Cosmo

7th Jan 10 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy

Dan
Cosmo

7th Jan 10 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
TBH Im more than happy to swap out one of the HIIT for another weight day - I only did three as it happened to be how it worked out when I picked the p90x days.

Having looked at your workout a few pages back, if I split it in to 4 days then the actual workouts (other than the specific exercises being different) would be more or less the same length and intensity as yours.

Will look in to 4 days a bit more and which P90 workouts can fit in it, but off the top of my head something like...

Shoulders and Chest
HIIT
Legs
Arms
HIIT
Chest and Back

The only thing with that is i do 6 back exercises in my back session, so if i work to failure its a 45 minute session, chest again is another 30 minutes so for a body part split, chest and back are a bit much to work together.

Your body type seems like it will respond better to an all out bodybuilding routine. Stop thinking p90x structure - and start to think bodybuilding structure with p90x intensity and discipline and you will make huge progress.

TBH though Ive only managed to stick to this as the workouts are all these in front of me and I do what I see. Obviously I know those workouts like the back of my hand now so its not like Im needing showing how to do them each time, but I know if I was left to my own devices to do a workout Ive sorted that I just wouldnt do it.

Thats why I was trying to gear as much of P90X to a slightly modified programme. I know plenty of others have done it on their forums and seen big gains from it (as much as the workout you're suggesting I dont know), but impressive none the less.
lostboy
Banned

7th Jan 10 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Dan

Daft question, is his username Dan too? I cant find the members list lol
Cosmo

7th Jan 10 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, plain old Dan
lostboy
Banned

7th Jan 10 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yup, plain old Dan

Lol thanks Cosmosis.
Cosmo

7th Jan 10 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Yup, plain old Dan

Lol thanks Cosmosis.

There is your problem, you clearly cant read.

My username is Cosmo. His is just Dan. No sis or anything after.
lostboy
Banned

7th Jan 10 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would that be --DAN-- ? And the member list is right in front of my eyes too lol
Cosmo

7th Jan 10 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking n00bs.... http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/member.php?action=viewpro&member=Dan
lostboy
Banned

7th Jan 10 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fucking n00bs.... http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/member.php?action=viewpro&member=Dan

Yes you are, click the link to see why I got the wrong dan first time but realised (after sending him a U2U ) there are nearly 32,000 members on this site, a couple of dans, and a very tired lostboy

But thanks Cosmo.

[Edited on 07-01-2010 by lostboy]

[Edited on 07-01-2010 by lostboy]
Dan
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo, u need to stop being a girl and get on the proper training after the p90x.

If u set yourself up a routine now, and get it all sorted, you have a plan infront of you to work to.

I didnt think i could stick it out, but after like 15-20weeks now, im stuck in for the long haul.

If you do decided to do it, set up a journal on muscle talk, great advice given over there, and they keep you well motivated.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Paul_J

7th Jan 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many days a week do you workout dan?
Marc

7th Jan 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but I know if I was left to my own devices to do a workout Ive sorted that I just wouldnt do it.

You could always find a workout on the net and just tweek it so that it suits what you are wanting to do.
Dan
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
how many days a week do you workout dan?

3 weight sessions - 2 cardio

Weight sessions last between 35-50mins, cardio between 5-15mins (HIIT)

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
BarnshaW

7th Jan 10 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 times a week
Cosmo

7th Jan 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan

Cosmo, u need to stop being a girl and get on the proper training after the p90x.

If u set yourself up a routine now, and get it all sorted, you have a plan infront of you to work to.

I didnt think i could stick it out, but after like 15-20weeks now, im stuck in for the long haul.

If you do decided to do it, set up a journal on muscle talk, great advice given over there, and they keep you well motivated.

I know, I know!

TBH though, the P90X workouts are as intense as any other work out so that shouldnt be an issue. Its just a case of finding which of them to do and when, then just tweak them a little.
Wrighty

7th Jan 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lads just a couple of Q's

did anyone take a body composition measurement before p90? so they could compare before & after?

also how much is it costing to get all the right foods per week for this?
DaveB

7th Jan 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does this p90x for those wanting to 'bulk up', as opposed to slim down and get muscular?
Cosmo

7th Jan 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
lads just a couple of Q's

did anyone take a body composition measurement before p90? so they could compare before & after?

also how much is it costing to get all the right foods per week for this?

TBH it was something I meant to do before I started, then just forgot all about it until a good few weeks in to it all so just decided not to bother.

And as for cost, I have never really added it up and I never stick to the same meats, etc. so its hard for me to even put a figure on it.

<<  78    79    80    81    82    83    84  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 24 database queries in 0.0302889 seconds