corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  83    84    85    86    87    88    89  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Nov 10 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went out and bought an xbox, forza and a wheel just to try it out...

now i feel you should do the same for gt5

you havent even played it yet anyway lol

[Edited on 30-11-2010 by chris_uk]
Pete_vxl

30th Nov 10 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just reserved my GT (not g25) wheel at my local argos approx 8 miles away but it is going to take me ages to get it as the snow is horrendous.... but not so bad that i dont mind risking my life to get this wheel.
Butler

30th Nov 10 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris stop giving me shit cos I keep spinning It is much better offline youre right Paul. Was driving me mental when I was racing you guys and kept spinning.
Paul_J

30th Nov 10 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Chris stop giving me shit cos I keep spinning It is much better offline youre right Paul. Was driving me mental when I was racing you guys and kept spinning.

Yeah as I say, can only assume there's a bug there. Gift the car to chris and let him race it online
It was like the physics went upside down online and rather than downforce, was producing uplift the faster you went or something... Also once it lost rear traction it would just instantly spin, not even like you could catch the slide... Quite bizarre.
FruitBooTeR

30th Nov 10 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The drifting is terrible on GT5 compared to Forza.

Only played it on Arcade mode though with the Castrol Supra...will be better I guess if you can set the car up how you want in the main game.
Bissmire

30th Nov 10 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm having a little problem, I have bought the soft slicks for my Lancia Rally car, but had to use a different tyre for another race. Now, I can't find how to refit the soft slicks?! It's driving me crazy. I've been into Garage>Car>Tuning, and it shows the tyres but I cannot select them. Any ideas?
adiohead

30th Nov 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do I actually race myself?

I got my B licence...
Ant

30th Nov 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
I'm having a little problem, I have bought the soft slicks for my Lancia Rally car, but had to use a different tyre for another race. Now, I can't find how to refit the soft slicks?! It's driving me crazy. I've been into Garage>Car>Tuning, and it shows the tyres but I cannot select them. Any ideas?

driving options at the start of the race
Bissmire

30th Nov 10 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one mate, cheers. I actually just realised I knew that from prologue
Paul_J

30th Nov 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
how do I actually race myself?

I got my B licence...

wtf?

Click A spec ... or go to special events.
adiohead

30th Nov 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assumed my B licence was for B spec...

chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
The drifting is terrible on GT5 compared to Forza.

Only played it on Arcade mode though with the Castrol Supra...will be better I guess if you can set the car up how you want in the main game.

drifting is more realistic than on forza. ive had both, and used both with a wheel.

you need to crank out the sim settings and get the aids turned off.
adiohead

30th Nov 10 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"aids"
Butler

30th Nov 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lambo needs downforce on the front really. It lifts off at times when it could really do with being planted.
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jay, would you gift me it tonight so i can see what all the fuss is about.
Butler

30th Nov 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may do, im close to selling it though so I can afford the Enzo
Neo

30th Nov 10 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a chance to have a go on this last night finally, Used the G37 and it was far to tame (i.e. press x and the right direction and you will win the race)

Turned off the beginner anti skid stuff, traction etc and into manual and it changed the whole experience, far better than previous GT incarnations, and so much detail. I loved the fact the tyres icons turn blue/red/white when loosing grip, cockpit views are amazing, wipers etc etc.

One question though, when watching the replay back, there was flickering on the bodywork, The tele is an LED limited to 50Hz...anyway to get rid of the flickering ?
Paul_J

30th Nov 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler

The lambo needs downforce on the front really. It lifts off at times when it could really do with being planted.

Yup... I wasted money trying the other front spoilers on it ... but it wouldn't allow me to put any actual proper downforce on the front. You just have to slow down for the parts where it may go air borne... as I say, I did a 6 min 33 lap with 1 large spin ... my ferrari has only managed a 6 min 32 with no spins... so it shows you how fast the lambo is.

Chris, if Butler sends it to you, try it offline and then take it online and you'll see what we mean, it's like the physics goes totally wrong with the car online
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, ill have a go.

thats if he doesnt sell it. lol
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive only just got 100,000 atm from bob, im gunna get online tonight

im lucky that my misses has an mr2 which is god awful in snow so she cant get here. lol

'its ok love, just dont risk it, ill miss you too baby'
Bissmire

30th Nov 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seem to be stuck at level 20! I've done all races in gold, nearly all the special events in silver or gold, and all the licenses in Bronze and silver. Am I really going to have to do all licenses in gold just to reach level 21?! Its pretty hard with a pad...
mike56gte

30th Nov 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
I seem to be stuck at level 20! I've done all races in gold, nearly all the special events in silver or gold, and all the licenses in Bronze and silver. Am I really going to have to do all licenses in gold just to reach level 21?! Its pretty hard with a pad...

do some b spec races?
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you done all the extreme series aswell?

you must not forget they have added the rpg element to gt5 which means long periods of grinding (repeat playing) to get anywhere.

to the casual player it will be shit, but to some it will add a whole new level of acheivement when you get a higher level..

battlefield 2 for the pc has a ranking system and i think only a handful of people have it. i know for one rank you have to do over 150 realtime hours in a plane!
Bissmire

30th Nov 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats my problem, I need level 21 to do the next extreme race. Can you redo past championships and still get points/money/cars? I thought once it was done you could not earn anymore?

B-spec levels up your b-spec, not a-spec...
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can redo aspec races and get money/exp but not cars.

bspec gets you money but im pretty sure the exp goes to the bspec driver.

<<  83    84    85    86    87    88    89  >>

New Poll