corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Riots in London..

New Poll
  <<  85    86    87    88    89    90    91  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Riots in London..
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Aug 11 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What ever happened to 'Sticks and stones...' tbh
brebaz

10th Aug 11 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do cunts who say nigger in a song aren't done for racism, but if you say it in the street shit hits the fan??
Conway563

10th Aug 11 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by Jake

its a very valid comment if you're a prat.

[Edited on 10-08-2011 by Jake]

Why? PLease explain. Brebaz isnt incorect at all. Its just a race card tool. I have black friends, gets called a nigger by us all the time, he finds it amuzing and just banters back.

Brebaz has shown himself to be a racist prat in the past though TBH
Eck
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by brebaz
How can niggas call each other nigga but when whites call them nigga its racist? Its a loads of shit, they just pick and choose when somethings racist. Cunts.

TO be fair its a very valid point.

Why? PLease explain. Brebaz isnt incorect at all. Its just a race card tool. I have black friends, gets called a nigger by us all the time, he finds it amuzing and just banters back.

I'll highlight the one word that makes that ok. You're not using it as a slur in that circumstance.
Jake

10th Aug 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by brebaz
How can niggas call each other nigga but when whites call them nigga its racist? Its a loads of shit, they just pick and choose when somethings racist. Cunts.

TO be fair its a very valid point.

the history behind it for a start. your mate oviously knows its not aimed to be a derogatory slur towards him. say it to someone that dont know you from a bar of soap and it's a different story isnt it
Ingham
Banned

quote:
What ever happened to 'Sticks and stones...' tbh

Because not everyone is ignorant to how society is.
Gary
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even when do use it in a nasty way, he's still not bothered, just takes it the same way me and you would been called a twat etc.

Conway563

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

I'll highlight the one word that makes that ok. You're not using it as a slur in that circumstance.

This it's entirely down to the context of the situation, the person saying it and the people hearing it.
Jake

10th Aug 11 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

This it's entirely down to the context of the situation, the person saying it and the people hearing it.

right, back where we started. brebaz used the word intended for its purpose
Ste
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they want to go down the slavery route then they can fuck off. Just read about Baltimore, Ireland in 1631. Yes, it's on a smaller scale, but is it any different?

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Jake

10th Aug 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Even when do use it in a nasty way, he's still not bothered, just takes it the same way me and you would been called a twat etc.

maybe because one white man calling him a nigger with 5 of his white mates behind him, he feels slightly out numbered
brebaz

10th Aug 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not racist, I have black friends and there fine with being called nigga when it suits them, but other times they go akmed.
Paul_J

10th Aug 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People actually being racist is quite a confusing prospect for me.

I grew up in a place that had white people as a minority, especially on the high street of the town (Slough). Therefore growing up, through schools or outside of schools a lot of my best mates were black. They were top blokes. Then again, they weren't poor scummy criminal people... They were just the same as me.

I think people sometimes get confused between 'scum' whether they're white or black, and just generalising of 'black people'.

You can't say that all this crime is being committed by black people - that's simply not true. A more accurate assumption is to say all the crime is being committed by poor / scummy people (both white and black).

Infact, look at the poor guy who was mugged (bleeding nose / face), the black guy in that video helps him up, it's the white guys who go over and rob his bag!!!

I always find when I go north / west (into rural areas) that the racism found in 'average' people goes up considerably. For example, when I see my mate in Cirencester, the comments they make about 'black' people are just absurd.
3CorsaMeal

10th Aug 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing to do with race, its benefit cuture to blame, all the wrong people sit around at home on benefits and breeding kids into the same situation.

i do agree though, there is a lot of non-white people there
Steve
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

I grew up in a place that had white people as a minority, especially on the high street of the town (Slough). Therefore growing up, through schools or outside of schools a lot of my best mates were black. They were top blokes. Then again, they weren't poor scummy criminal people... They were just the same as me.

I think people sometimes get confused between 'scum' whether they're white or black, and just generalising of 'black people'.

You can't say that all this crime is being committed by black people - that's simply not true. A more accurate assumption is to say all the crime is being committed by poor / scummy people (both white and black).

Infact, look at the poor guy who was mugged (bleeding nose / face), the black guy in that video helps him up, it's the white guys who go over and rob his bag!!!

I always find when I go north / west (into rural areas) that the racism found in 'average' people goes up considerably. For example, when I see my mate in Cirencester, the comments they make about 'black' people are just absurd.

the black guy helping him up had his hand in the bag too

and yes there are white people involved but the majority is black, you cant argue with that
Jake

10th Aug 11 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
If they want to go down the slavery route then they can fuck off. Just read about Baltimore, Ireland in 1631. Yes, it's on a smaller scale, but is it any different?

12million black slaves verse 100 odd british. yes mate
Eck
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

To be honest, slur towards the Irish has the same reaction, so what's your point?
Jake

10th Aug 11 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

the black guy helping him up had his hand in the bag too

and yes there are white people involved but the majority is black, you cant argue with that

it looked like a white bloke to me that was elbow deep in the guys bag before the other one got involved
Steve
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they were both guilty, white and black in that circumstance, i was pointing out to paul where he was seeminlgy ridding the black guy of guilt lol
Steve
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

howver much i can see that most of the people doing it are black i see no benefit in calling them niggers or wogs, thats too generalising, and i dont have a problem with black people generally
Ste
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

12million black slaves verse 100 odd british. yes mate

And the funny thing about it all, the people rounding up and selling the slaves to the Americans were themselves black. So get off your high horse and learn some history.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i think turning it into a racism debate is a bad move, as this is exactly the card they will try to play to get out of it, and these kind of debates tend to be why punishments end up not being as harsh as they should be
Paul_J

10th Aug 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
howver much i can see that most of the people doing it are black i see no benefit in calling them niggers or wogs, thats too generalising

I'm not surprised by your view point due to where you're from Steve, Worcestershire is all rich white folk in rural areas. You're probably statistically 64.5% racist in your genes.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol my grand parents were probably racist bastards

i think with there generation there is no malice, its just how they were brought up, they dont hate black people they just htink its ok to talk about them in a derogatory way
Fro

10th Aug 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw mostly white people in the liverpool/manc dramas, but we'll forget that shall we.

the areas in london are densely populated by alot of other cultures compared to other places so what do you expect.

<<  85    86    87    88    89    90    91  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Riots in London.. 23 database queries in 0.0381651 seconds