corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » russia - england

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author russia - england
--DAN--

User status: Offline
18th Oct 07 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by corsa-dan
quote:
Originally posted by smack
i agree with gavin
the kids under 21 are amazing, they play with real passion like they want to be there and never stop
its time to do some cleaning and get rid of these players who think there bigger than england

Totally agree, although I believe that Stuart Pearce has a huge bearing on the passion the under 21's show, he would really get the seniors up for it, unfortunately he is still a bit tactically naive at the moment.

adding to the reason Big Sam should have been appointed as England manager.

Exactly, Fuckin Barwick should be sacked at the same time as McClaren imo, Sam should have got the job without a shadow of a doubt. He's passionate and doesn't give a fuck about ego's and reputations.
Cosmo

18th Oct 07 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Exactly, Fuckin Barwick should be sacked at the same time as McClaren imo, Sam should have got the job without a shadow of a doubt. He's passionate and doesn't give a fuck about ego's and reputations.

He has also never managed at a big club, been proven in Europe, or bossed topclass players
--DAN--

18th Oct 07 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

He has also never managed at a big club, been proven in Europe, or bossed topclass players

Fair point.

Roy Hodgson FTW

Just out of interest who would you like to see in the job Cosmo?
Cosmo

18th Oct 07 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just out of interest who would you like to see in the job Cosmo?

Unsure really. I'd prefer an Englishman, but Im also not against having another foreigner if a suitable homegrown manager isnt available.

Wenger or Mourinho maybe as understand the game over here already. God knows who...but IMO Big Sam is just the same as McKnob in the fact he is totally unproven at the top level. Pearce is the same but atleast he has that raw passion.
--DAN--

18th Oct 07 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd hate for it to be a non english coach, but Wenger would be awesome imo. Jose is obviously a great manager, but i hate the way Chelsea played whilst he was there, not entertaining at all.

We have the foundations of an awesome team, but McClaren was part of the Sven era and has never really changed anything. I think a manager with sound technical knowledge and a big set of bollocks could turn them into a great side.

[Edited on 18-10-2007 by corsa-dan]
Cosmo

18th Oct 07 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd hate for it to be a non english coach, but Wenger would be awesome imo. Jose is obviously a great manager, but i hate the way Chelsea played whilst he was there, not entertaining at all.

We have the foundations of an awesome team, but McClaren was part of the Sven era and has never really changed anything. I think any manager with a bit of technical knowledge and a big set of bollocks could turn them into a great side.

Why wouldnt you want a non-English coach?

TBH England will never play the entertaining style of football, especially if we had an English coach in charge...we just dont have those sorts of players IMO.
--DAN--

18th Oct 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I agree with you in that a foreign manager is the only answer as there is a real lack of quality English coaches with top level experience. I just mean in an ideal world that I would prefer an English coach. Maybe 'hate' was a little to strong.

smack

18th Oct 07 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

garry linaker

--DAN--

18th Oct 07 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sammy Lee FTW
Jill
Premium Member

18th Oct 07 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
garry linaker

The artist formerly know as Gary Lineker?!

JILL
--DAN--

18th Oct 07 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo

18th Oct 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mourinho, as much as I cant stand him he would be perfect for us
Cosmo

18th Oct 07 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Plus its another reason not to like England!!
Robbo

18th Oct 07 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath

18th Oct 07 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

FTW
corsaaa_16v

18th Oct 07 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with the people saying bring some of the under 21's up to 1st team

players like ashley young and agbonlahor might not be world beaters but they got something a bit different, and bags of confidence and pace. and players like mark noble and steven taylor who would die for the cause.

When I watched the game yesterday, as soon as we went 1-0 up, our performance said to me, lets hang on for a 1-0 win and make sure Im fit for the weekend. Thats b@llocks from players representing there country.

They should hang there heads in shame, supposedly the best group of players since 66, and cant even qualify for European Championship

Disgraceful :@
Cosmo

18th Oct 07 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
players like ashley young and agbonlahor might not be world beaters but they got something a bit different, and bags of confidence and pace. and players like mark noble and steven taylor who would die for the cause.

I dont care how much heart they have, if they played yesterday then we would of got shown up even more than we did IMO.
corsaaa_16v

18th Oct 07 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and I think his decision just proved the fact he is a yes man. all the tabloids say he needs to play players in from so he picks lescott. hes been plaign well at centre back for fcuk sake, and doesnt have a left back, o yeah, lets play him left back, talk about fcuking brainless. shorey was the only player who should have been anywhere near the left back slot yesterday, why, because he is a left back.

just shows how the last 2 england managers have worked, pick the best names, if they get injured, pick the most inform player. they dont actually realise that you have to pick the player that fits in the team at that time
corsaaa_16v

18th Oct 07 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont care how much heart they have, if they played yesterday then we would of got shown up even more than we did IMO.

have to disagree mate, dont think russia could have kept up with there pace, and id have fancied steven taylor to be in there to clear the fumble of robinson instead of grandpa campbell
Cosmo

18th Oct 07 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
quote:

have to disagree mate, dont think russia could have kept up with there pace, and id have fancied steven taylor to be in there to clear the fumble of robinson instead of grandpa campbell

please tell me your kidding me. Even in the first half when the players werent 'playing for the weekend' Russia were the better side.

Having heart can only get you so far, they would just get shown up for the inexperienced players they are.
corsaaa_16v

18th Oct 07 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id rather see young players being shown up that our experienced, world class players being shown up. Wouldnt you be annoyed if you were playing well for your club and u21's and werent getting a chance because "big name" players were in team (whether they are playing well or not for club)?
Cosmo

18th Oct 07 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, thats football. The senior players have the quality and experience needed. The U21's dont really have either yet - atleast not anything they have managed to show week in, week out in the league.

That was just the seniors on an off day, they wont play like that all the time....the U21's would play their best and get shown up no matter what though.
corsaaa_16v

18th Oct 07 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No, thats football. The senior players have the quality and experience needed.

sorry mate, but off day or on day, that is not acceptable for a nation of englands standard. there is no way england should not be qualifying out of an group of croatia, israel, macedonia, israel, estonia and andorra.

as the saying goes in the premier league, its not won in the first 10 games, its over a season, just like our qualification campaign, it wasnt lost last night. it was lost when we drew with macedonia, it was lost when we got beat in croatia. theres only so many off days a "quality" team can have, and unfortunately the players just didnt turn up, which has been an all to regular occurence over the last 5years.

england should be obliterating teams like croatia and russia, never mind the poorer teams in the group, and should have won this group at a canter, but unfortunately they play like theyve made it when at the end of the day, at this rate, they are gonna be looked as the most talented team since 66, but the most under achieving and emabarassing team since 66 aswell

[Edited on 18-10-2007 by corsaaa_16v]
smack

19th Oct 07 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well as we are out pretty much now, would be nice to bring alot of the kids in fot the croatioa game, see what there made off, see how they play.
i think alot of them deserve the chance
Carl

19th Oct 07 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

He kept Anelka in check, also look at the team spirit and drive of Bolton. A few players don't make a team.
McClown was given a chance, IMO the chance should have been given to big Sam, as said neither have managed a big club etc but Big Sam imo had better qualities to whip players into shape and get the most out of them.
I'd rather have an English manager, infact I think it should be a ruling, its meant to be England vs ..... so why shouldn't the managers be the same nationality?!

<<  6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » russia - england 23 database queries in 0.0180440 seconds