corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Budget

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Budget
Daimo B

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Boycey
I would LOVE to meet you in the street cosmo! I would smack you about until you started calling on daddy to come and save you! Now I know why you start debates on corsasport because you have no friends you lonely little posh snobby twat! Power to the people!!

Dude, your so lame.

Look at your attitude, and mine, even though we're both debating cosmo.

Smack you about, what are you, f-ing Kimbo Slice

Im not posh and i've been here years before cosmo debating and arguing. If our opinions didn't match, would you offer me out as well.

tbh, i'd much rather my parents help me into a business, or give me the capital to start a business. Why turn round and go "nahhh, i'd rather work much harder and earn less in my life".

I'd take it with open hands too. I'd become what im jealous of, cos thats all it is, jealously. Im sure if someone said to you "heres £100k to start a business" you'd turn round and go "nahhh i'd rather get in debt myself to do it cheers"

Whatever

[Edited on 23-04-2009 by VXR]
Shell
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think perhaps this thread has gone far enough? No points are really being made anymore. Battle of the egos I think.

P.s. Daimo, not an insult but for some reason you totally remind me of my dad

[Edited on 23-04-2009 by Shelley]
Boycey

23rd Apr 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear it seems cosmo has his little following to back him up
Daimo B

23rd Apr 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boycey, stick to dealing with the trotters.

The mear fact you've said that shows yet another person who hasn't read the post properly.

In fact, why am I defending Cosmo here

Shelley, if its not for you, don't get involved.... Im an argumentivie badger, I know this. Better to be the sheepdog, not the sheep

Shell
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't getting involved?! I simply said I don't think there are any valid points being made anymore.
Daimo B

23rd Apr 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats fair enough.

Now your involved, start debating.

You rich or poor
Shell
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I honestly don't know enough about the points being argued to have any input whatsoever. I just felt the thread was getting waaaay too personal.

P.s, I am a poor student

[Edited on 23-04-2009 by Shelley]
Boycey

23rd Apr 09 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not my point at all you nobody! If I had a hundred grand out of no where and started a business(never going to happen) then I would expect to pay a lot of tax if I am recieving a large salary due to my business! Why do I expect to pay more tax? Because I make shit loads of money and there are far more worse off people than myself that work hard all year to earn buttons that deserve some help with my tax money. i.e Tax credits etc
pow
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly, whats the point of all this?

It's not gunna change is it, just for fucks sake use your vote wisely when the ellection comes.

[Edited on 23-04-2009 by pow]
Daimo B

23rd Apr 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thats not my point at all you nobody! If I had a hundred grand out of no where and started a business(never going to happen) then I would expect to pay a lot of tax if I am recieving a large salary due to my business! Why do I expect to pay more tax? Because I make shit loads of money and there are far more worse off people than myself that work hard all year to earn buttons that deserve some help with my tax money. i.e Tax credits etc

Read the post. Now read your reply (mainly pages 5-6-7)

I am a nobody, unlike you, who is super super cool?
Im ok with that? Unless you need peer approval from the internet.

I got allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day........

Boycey

23rd Apr 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is getting a tad pointless now! Like some guy said, use your vote at the next general elction if you aint happy! But remember, the 50% tax band on anyone earning 150k will be there for the forseeable future Good day!

[Edited on 23-04-2009 by Boycey]
Daimo B

23rd Apr 09 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In otherwords you can't come back with anything that hasn't already been covered.

Can I ask what makes me a nobody and you a somebody. I've never understood this defination.

What makes a nobody and a somebody? Can you explain....
Boycey

23rd Apr 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never said I was a somebody! And unless your friends at home call you VXR then you're obviously a nobody to me as I don't know you or your name!
richc

23rd Apr 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ive spend and houor reading everything (sad)

And its all swings and around abouts. THe big earners will not like having more money took off them. Its natural. Nobody wants money taken off them as its what we live for today. Everything we do circles around money.

But at the same time, i can see where the average, low earner comes from (like my family).

We still have to pay the same for the basics to live (food, water, fuel) etc so obviously so my parents find it harder (like where VXR was trying to say in not so many words)

Add its not about working hard as some of the comments have suggested. My dad use to work in for RBS, became 2nd in command at his branch, earning ok money, but due the situation of the last 10 years (borrowing money to someone knowing there wont pay it back but because the pc says so you must sort of attitude) he had to leave and no is on a very very low paid job and cant do nothing about it (he is a clever bloke with education). SO it isnt all about education and working hard, as it doesnt happen 100%

And also the higher earner comments. You have made your money in this country, so why shohuldnt you give a little more back. At the end of the day, if it wasnt for the country, you might not be where you are today.

Saying that, i dont agree with soley hitting them the most. Yes maybe a little more, but not that much.

i dont agree with the VAT cut. It might help some business', but everyday things like fuel, food for the everyday person etc its had pennies effect to us (not even noticable). All it has done is lowerd gouverment income by millions, when they need it the most

ALso this is where mass migration comes into play. We borrowed billions to support our services for these people etc. But its not getting paid back because alot of the people who come just spunge. Dont make a signicant contribution if any to this country. Just take take take. It needs to stop as we have enough spungers as it is!

It all has a knock one effect. We tried supporting the world, and we cant do it, we arnt big enough. Finally its hit us. Its hit the working man that pays for labours jollies.

Labour - arnt they suppose to support joe average. YOur joe average labouring man, yet all they do is fleece them. Brilliant.

i could go on for years
Boycey

23rd Apr 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nicely put young man! That was similar to what I was trying to say but I was being slightly more aggressive with my point!
richc

23rd Apr 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you no im young

jokes!
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to say I agree with the fatman's point of view, albeit in a more diplomatic manner As a Country we need to stop handing money out to the minks who claim disability yet don't have fuckall wrong, instead of effectively charging the people who have done well for themselves.
Cosmo

23rd Apr 09 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I would LOVE to meet you in the street cosmo! I would smack you about until you started calling on daddy to come and save you! Now I know why you start debates on corsasport because you have no friends you lonely little posh snobby twat! Power to the people!!

Feel free to meet me in the street and smash me about you dirty scummy commoner.

After you leave me lying there in my pool of blood Im sure my private medic would be driven by my butler to mop my blood up with £50 notes. Then take me to my private hospital, where Id get the best medical care available to man kind. Then once Im done there Id be driven back in the chauffeur driven Rolls to one of our mansions to rest on my expensive egyptian cotton sheets whilst being fed only the best caviar swilled down with a few bottles of 1907 Heidsieck.

Dirty chav poon man
Colin

23rd Apr 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shell
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Boycey but
J da Silva

23rd Apr 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva

Yeah, I see what you mean, this isn't a playground discussion and the very fact that people are being childish on this topic shows why they should be locked out of threads like this, I personally would like to see jobseekers allowance handed out in a better manner, rather than just pumping money into a scroungers bank, why don't they send them bus tickets and taxi vouchers to allow them to 'seek jobs', they word it job seekers allowance so they can spend the money finding a job, yet instead of finding work they sit in the boozer spending their family tax credits, jobseekers allowance and family allowance.

I thought Cossy and I were having a good blast about it

Don't start me on the actual wasters... never mind free taxis, what about community service???

People without jobs actually shoudl still EARN their money. Nothing to stop them putting in 2-3 hours a week at least helping their local community. Rubbish collecting, park grass cutting (hence saving council costs), graffiti removal etc etc....

Either that, or bring back mandatory service for the forces?

I do wish people would read the thread though, as what started off as an argument over 1-2 pages, DID turn out to be a good debate.

Daimo I wasn't on about you, you raised some good points.
Ren

23rd Apr 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boycey's main argument is that Cosmo's dad paid his way for Cosmo, making him a rich twat on 'daddy's money'. What the fuck is wrong with working harder in life so that your children can afford to get it a little bit easier than everyone else? I don't understand your arguement at all, and it's as if you're just throwing the insults because you're poor. Straight up.
Cosmo

23rd Apr 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, and tbh Ive watched my Dad make it from a poor fucker to being very well off - infact I was old enough to remember him losing all his money and having nothing at one stage. His and my Mum's family all still have very (fairly) little, they all live in central Liverpool in 'normal' terraced houses.

Im not fussed if simple folk like Boycey want to think Im a snob or posh, thats up to them. It doesnt mean anything to me and tbh all it shows is their inability to accept anything other than they know, and when something they dont know (such as someone with money) comes about they instantly label it as bad.

People who know me and my family will know we are anything like posh or flash, OK we have a half decent house and my parents both have good cars, but thats about as far as they take it. But we still live in the village I grew up in, in the house Ive lived in for 15+ years when we could of easily moved to something 10x the cost and 10x the size.
Hammer

24th Apr 09 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what your saying is he has no chance of meeting you in the street as you don't walk the same streets as the commoners? I like your style.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Apr 09 at 01:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally agree with heavy tax on high earners.

£150k is loads of money and if you're earning that much then you're not really going to want for much. And if it means some footballer twat with no grip on reality has one less Range Rover then good, they're less likely to get drunk and kill an innocent family (1) or paint bits of it pink (2). Which is a good thing.

I also hope it would further curtail frankly ridiculous salaries in other sectors and the arrogance which goes with them. (3)

I don't agree that people with aspirations are punished. There is still plenty of room indeed to have aspirations even up to £150k.

Perhaps yes, the money at the other end of the scale could be more wisely distributed, but this is a matter for spending policy not income. The income alone I feel is a sound move. In fact I would probably have been asking for 90% over £300k. There's physically no need to earn that much. If you want to retire and relax, save up for a few years and you'll still be set for life. If you can't manage then it's not just the government who need to become more efficient.

<<  6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Budget 22 database queries in 0.1216559 seconds