corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any donations welcome !

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any donations welcome !
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Aug 10 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
it all gets blown out of proportion.
They either argued and discussed divorce or they didn't. Those are the facts and if they're not you should consider litigation.

And she knows her intentions prior to the fall. I would be interested to see her reply on here as to what caused her to fall. And if it's the quality or height of the wall I'll be surprised in the very least.
Nath

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

80cm high balcony?
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Aug 10 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't matter if its 10cm, she either chose to climb it or didn't.
Edd

23rd Aug 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was the media's fault she climbed it

paps where trying to get a pic
Nath

23rd Aug 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No no, I meant would a balcony really by 80cm high? I don't get it.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Aug 10 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The railing?
Nath

23rd Aug 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't picture it very well in my head tbh.
Colin

23rd Aug 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

80cm is about right for a balcony rail isnt it???

Anyway, if you fanny about like that with no insurance on a honeymoon (what age is she??) then your just asking for trouble.

Glad you got your fare raised but I hope she maybe wises up a bit after all this!!

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by Colin]
Nath

23rd Aug 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea. It just doesnt sound very high.
Ben D

23rd Aug 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsasport Verdict: Con artist!

Jules S
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
80cm is about right for a balcony rail isnt it???

1100mm here.

You will still fall off it if you try to climb over it when pished
adiohead

23rd Aug 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
My sister and another woman are setting up a charity to help others in the same situation

Why set up another charity when there already is one?

Because it's for tourist in Greece, there is a system for it now there but it goes through the goverment and doesn't all get where its meant to so this other woman who is Greek said she would help and run the charity.
And to give something back for all the kindness of others.
I don't know much about it.

That's the truth of it all.
Why would this new charity be any different?

If the newspapers have lied then sue them.
Eck
Premium Member

24th Aug 10 at 02:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait, wow... She COULD have been treated out there but didn't want to be? I'm sorry but if that's the case spend the extra few fucking pounds and get insurance. That is absurd. Playing on the emotions of decent people.
Chris x

24th Aug 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has Sunz admited she climbed the balcony? Or is everyone relying on the news papers?

From how he described the hospital I would want to get back ASAP!

[Edited on 24-08-2010 by Chris x]
Steve
Premium Member

24th Aug 10 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would rather donate to the Crohns Foundation tbh, both are full of shit, just in different ways

[Edited on 24-08-2010 by Steve]
Ojc

24th Aug 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck u u fucking prick
Robbo

24th Aug 10 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only just even seen this but ill weigh in with my 2p

surely the point of insurance when you go away to other countries is to true up the local health offering to that to whcih you are accustomed

ie., you go to greece, turkey, egypt etc you have to accept that the treatment there is not as good as in UK, germany, france, usa, (mainland) spain etc. hence 1 nurse to 8 rooms of 8 people and full of substance abusers and thereofre you are saying, by gettign insurance, that in the case of an accident you want british standard of healthcare

if you dont take insurance then you will of course be subjetc to local treatment

the whole e111 causes more harm than good imo, makes people lazy about it all
3CorsaMeal

24th Aug 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think Ian should be able to get his £50 back.

its going to take 4 new premium members to recoup the loss
Steve
Premium Member

24th Aug 10 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lolz
Steve
Premium Member

24th Aug 10 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
fuck u u fucking prick

do you want twatting up
MoesTavern

24th Aug 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did LETGSI16V get banned because of this thread or being a naughty boy elsewhere?

Nevermind just seen the thread about it

[Edited on 24-08-2010 by MoesTavern]
Ste
Premium Member

24th Aug 10 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I can gather, they were bought the holiday for their honeymoon as a present from friends. They have just organised and carried out a wedding service, they will have had a million and one things on their minds. If they believed someone else was sorting out the honeymoon then it is up to the organisers of that to arrange their insurance for them. It is all part of the package.

I don't believe a word I read in tabloids tbh. They spout utter bullshit. They are not their to spread news, they are purely in business to make profit. and stories like they have told there sell papers.

If I was in your families position, I'd be wanting to bring her home too.

Hope she gets well soon.

and to all the haters

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Sunz

24th Aug 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
That said, she does have to come home and arguments or not, that is the case. I just think we could have done with knowing more, ie. whether this was a genuine accident and whether Greek healthcare is appropriate given that is where she was at the time of the injury. I think if the best that you can come up with is that the beds have no curtains then really, she needs to put that one down to experience and get ill in England next time.

My impressions were that the Greek hospital would be unable to offer her the best care. When in fact you have some claims about the place being full of substance abusers, in there because they've brought injury on themselves. With respect, she is in good company.

She had broken her back in 2 places and fractured it in 2 other places, she was and is very close to being paralyzed but in Greece they didnt give her any supports what so ever, she was free to move about and they even made her sit up to eat, this continued throughout the week she was there.
Rather then moving her on to another bed to try and change the bed sheet they just tried to rip them out from underneath her or roll her on to her side, this is of course not the kind of care someone with a dangerous injury should should recieve and obviously it was totally dangerous.
The same woman who wants to run this charity sent in private nurses to help my sister as the hospital staff are almost incompetent by the standards of a English hospital from what my sister has told me.

Finally as said again, orignally she wanted to come home so the family got together and said look we cant afford to do this in such short notice, then they said she could get the operation done there with the eu insurance (nshs)and then she went for more scans and the fractures 3 days later are magically breaks and they say at the hospital they want her to fly back home and do not want to do the operation.
Just have to wait and see what she says because I can only tell you what her and her boyfriend have told me.

Thanks Ste W, pretty much it really, a wedding is a mighty stressful thing to, they only had 2 weeks before they were due to both go back to work after there wedding so we didnt have much time to get it all planned

The papers sent flowers to say sorry for publishing the article, can't work that out to be honest, 2 faced naps.

[Edited on 24-08-2010 by Sunz]
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Aug 10 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The flowers are so you dont sue them.
C2RL R

24th Aug 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm ashamed to say that i think i would like my money back, i know i can't have it back as it was a donation but still. I only donated a tenner but thats not the point. I was skint at the time as i hadn't been paid and i can't help feeling like i've been mislead. don't get me wrong, i'm not one of them people who is blinkered and thinks that everyone is an angel. i've done the drunken climbing of a balcony in my youth too. that article may be full of crap, it may be pretty accurate. but i dont think i would have donated if i had read it first. i'm not going to dwell on it though, she's still a human who i hope recovers and my donation has helped a little.

<<  6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any donations welcome ! 23 database queries in 0.0206139 seconds