corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Classic example of other car forums

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Classic example of other car forums
Rob B

User status: Offline
12th Dec 11 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The biggest concern for me is I was half way through selling £800 worth of slick tyres to someone in Greece. I don't know his username as it was Greek. Last message I had from him was him sending me a change of address to that he previously sent.

Now my PM's have been removed I have no way of contacting him.

The moderators response "It's your problem" That was it, nothing more.

So i put in my signature. If you need to contact me please email - ****@yahoo.co.uk

That was apprently a blatent attempt at attracting business so now any posts i make need approval. I don't know where to go from here.

Sent you a PM with that forum you can have also.

[Edited on 13-12-2011 by Rob B]
John

12th Dec 11 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What they've done with you sounds fair. You've flaunted the rules.

Sounds anal outside of that right enough.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
12th Dec 11 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I completely despair that places like that get massive when they're run as commercial cash cows and the support is terrible.
Rob B

13th Dec 11 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've now been banned from the forum due to Dan who i work with creating an account and leaving it logged on, on my laptop whilst he uploaded pictures. Going insane here!
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Dec 11 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its fucked.

These big places are buying up forums, all fine so long as they get search traffic and clickthroughs, doesn't really matter if you lose a few people along the way.
Rob B

13th Dec 11 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's crazy, I've been on 12 different forums normally with 2000 + posts on each and nothing so much as a warning.

On there banned twice and now banned permanently. Time to contact internet brands and tell them they're missing out on money. Not that they'll care at all
Ojc

13th Dec 11 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hate forums like that, run by twats who were bullied at school
Steve
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 07:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think these people on the puma forums do the strangest things iv ever seen, this is the latest

quote:
It's very cold at the moment.I use a large piece of card that sits in front of the radiator and effectively blocks off half the rad. that seems to work nicely and the car warms up quicker, which will help increase your mpg.
you can obviously remove when the weather warms up.

really odd how people convince themselves when they do this stuff it actually makes a difference, when in fact it wont make a slightest bit of dofference because the thermostat stops the coolant circulating the rad until the car is warm anyway

ed

6th Feb 12 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only need to do that when it's fucking cold out - was driving in France once in winter, when I turned the heating on the engine would cool down so I had to turn the heating off and on. Could have done with covering part of the radiator really, it's an old taxi driver trick but they do it so they can drive around with the heating on full whack all the time as they like their cars to smell of sweat.
ed

6th Feb 12 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not entirely sure how it would increase your MPG though
Steve
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

covering the radiator (in a puma anyway) wont do jack shit as the coolant doesnt circulate round the radiator until the car is up to temp, the thermostat controls it
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome thread, not sure how I missed it till now.

Naming cars is a bit annoying, but even CS is guilty of that in the project thread

I reckon there is a post on every car forum ever titled "Cleaned the banana today". Every yellow car does not have to be called 'the banana'... honest!

Some Civinfo members actually go around putting laminated flyers on windscreens of civics without a civinfo sticker telling them to register

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

6th Feb 12 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corrado has the option of two front grilles, one is.open slats, the other has all but one closed up.

I have both types
mwg

6th Feb 12 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cardboard in front of the radiator works on older Land Rover Defenders or you end up with no heating in the winter
mwg

6th Feb 12 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you ever reply to these people and tell them how stupid they are?
adiohead

6th Feb 12 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like going back on Seatcupra every now and then to update the idiots, who told me I'd die with my £27 Mintex pads, that they're perfectly fine and I prefer them to the £100+ Ferodos
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Feb 12 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I also find Steve obnoxious and sarcastic,& have spoken to many on the forum that carry the same view.I like what he has done with the car but his attitude stinks.Thats just my opinion,im entitled to it,but a lot of members find him intimidating
John

8th Feb 12 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at intimidating, big bad Steve.
Ben G

8th Feb 12 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scubasteve? they must have the wrong one.
alan-g-w

8th Feb 12 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds about right, apart from the intimidating bit
Skinz

8th Feb 12 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
I also find Steve obnoxious and sarcastic,& have spoken to many on the forum that carry the same view.I like what he has done with the car but his attitude stinks.Thats just my opinion,im entitled to it,but a lot of members find him intimidating

f'
Steve
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idiots, the guy that instigated that was the same twat making colour coded lists about changing his oil in the prem lounge i posted

joined the forum aftera few days tried to give it large to me in another thread then cried about it when he got some back, and announced his project thread would be closed

you can read it for yourselves

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=15056&start=125
Steve
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thread where he started kicking off trying to right the world

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=14404&start=50
alan-g-w

8th Feb 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve flapping like fuck here
Steve
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure what it is, but notherners, namely people from Durham/Newcastle area, cant seem to conduct themselves over the internet in a normal manner, either getting far too excitable, or throwing there weight around

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Classic example of other car forums 23 database queries in 0.0145621 seconds