corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents...

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People still living at their parents...
Nath

User status: Offline
15th Nov 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aj could take banter. I miss him.
Aaron

15th Nov 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Aj could take banter. I miss him.

How's your bedroom?
Nath

15th Nov 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full of expensive shit
James

15th Nov 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Got with my Mrs at 18, we saved up and moved out when I was 21. I'm 25 now, been paying the mortgage (and overpaying) for 4 years whilst saving to get married next year. Following that, we'd like to have a kid/s providing we're earning enough to provide for it.

I have no respect at all for people who claim benefits or live in council houses when they're perfectly capable of working like everyone else.

At the same time, those still at home in their late 20's using the excuse of saving for a deposit are clearly not very good at saving.

That's easy to say if you live somewhere where houses cost hardly anything. Where I am you need to spend about £180k for somewhere half decent. Assuming you put down 10% and factoring in a couple of grand for costs, you need a minimum of £20k. If you earn £25k a year for example, it would take you bloody ages to save £20k.
Aaron

15th Nov 11 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Full of expensive shit

Pah

What you want is a mortgage which you're drowning in. Havent you been paying attention to the thead you cunt?
Nath

15th Nov 11 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
Full of expensive shit

Pah

What you want is a mortgage which you're drowning in. Havent you been paying attention to the thead you cunt?

spencer88

15th Nov 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
quote:
Originally posted by Laney
quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
So £750 a month minimum ish to move out, after saving 14k, to live in a studio apartment.

Welcome to life as an adult

No problem with being an adult, but when you factor in other costs and your then monthly bills equal more than your wage, surely the adult thing to do, is stay somewhere cheaper?

Either that, or I quit my job and go on benefits and claim all I can?
you do what your parents did and you find what you cna afford. im sure if wveryone (except jeddy and chloe) asked their parents abnout their first hosue theyl llaugh about some horrid shithole they live din cos it was all they coudl afford and then moved up the chain as and when they coudl afford it - as someone said, we have a want it now attitude and assume evertyhting shoudl come stright to us! (not a dig at you spencer88, just an observation)

Yes, but what I am saying is, those properties I have listed, are the cheapest available.
To rent a one bedroom flat or even a studio the base rent here will be £450 a month, so more than a mortgage as I have previously stated.

I have no problem living in a shit hole, if I could afford it
mwg

15th Nov 11 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right who wants a fight. Lots of testosterone kicking round in here

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by mwg]
Graham88

15th Nov 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
You seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder for whatever reason. Did your parents beat you as a child?

Some people choose to have a nice lifestyle and nice cars and other things for a while before they settle down. Who says everyone should have their own house by a certain age?

Firstly, not everyone can afford to move out and secondly some people actually enjoy the company of their family.

Spot on tbh. Doing the car thing whilst I can so I have no regrets later in life, the amount of people at work who bought a house young and always say they wish they had gone the same route as me, doesn't make me feel so bad about living at home at 23 when I hear that.

Having said that it's not like I don't want my own place, but I can't do everything at once so I made a choice and I don't regret it 1 bit
A2H GO

15th Nov 11 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Got with my Mrs at 18, we saved up and moved out when I was 21. I'm 25 now, been paying the mortgage (and overpaying) for 4 years whilst saving to get married next year. Following that, we'd like to have a kid/s providing we're earning enough to provide for it.

I have no respect at all for people who claim benefits or live in council houses when they're perfectly capable of working like everyone else.

At the same time, those still at home in their late 20's using the excuse of saving for a deposit are clearly not very good at saving.

That's easy to say if you live somewhere where houses cost hardly anything. Where I am you need to spend about £180k for somewhere half decent. Assuming you put down 10% and factoring in a couple of grand for costs, you need a minimum of £20k. If you earn £25k a year for example, it would take you bloody ages to save £20k.

Its all relative. If people in that area couldn't afford to buy them they wouldn't be that expensive.
taylorboosh

15th Nov 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to say you are better off renting LONG TERM is utter poo
A2H GO

15th Nov 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
You seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder for whatever reason. Did your parents beat you as a child?

Some people choose to have a nice lifestyle and nice cars and other things for a while before they settle down. Who says everyone should have their own house by a certain age?

Firstly, not everyone can afford to move out and secondly some people actually enjoy the company of their family.

Spot on tbh. Doing the car thing whilst I can so I have no regrets later in life, the amount of people at work who bought a house young and always say they wish they had gone the same route as me, doesn't make me feel so bad about living at home at 23 when I hear that.

Having said that it's not like I don't want my own place, but I can't do everything at once so I made a choice and I don't regret it 1 bit

Some days I regret buying a house young, like when I see my mate in his M3 and my other mate in his RR Evoque, both of which live at home. But then I pull up on my drive after work every night and walk in my own home greeted by my little dog and future wife and it all becomes worthwhile. That time of owning nice cars and playing xbox all day gets replaced with the more important things in life fairly quickly.
Robbo

15th Nov 11 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ amen
BarnshaW

15th Nov 11 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Its all relative. If people in that area couldn't afford to buy them they wouldn't be that expensive.

its not relative at all, i simply cannot afford to move out, even renting around here is ridiculously expensive, upto 900/1000 PCM for a 2 bedroom flat? house prices approx 200k for small terraced houses in a bad area.

how could anyone young or earning anything below 25k afford that? just because the house prices are expensive in an area it does not automatically mean the jobs pay to match that.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get out of my car, walk into my house and put my feet up and turn on the tv. I then get a phonecall saying that there is so much tail out at Kitty's nightclub that it's unreal and I should come out. Then I wish I was back home, and able to blow £000's per night out

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Eck]
mwg

15th Nov 11 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus that's some soppy shit right there
John

15th Nov 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see a house as meaning I can't have a nice car, or anything else.

Just means I can't have it right now.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We will find our true love one day, Matty
mwg

15th Nov 11 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck please feel free to blow my brains out with the gun of your choice on the day I start spouting soppy drivel like that on the internet.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't I just use my hunting knife? I'm game for that shit though. I don't think I'll ever find a girl who will greet me with anything more than contempt when I walk in the front door
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and my gf bought a house in july 3 bed semi. Had around 25k deposit and our bills for the month is around 1k all in. and we were on a joint wage of less than 45k

i'd rather have some bricks and mortar that will go up in value at the time i bought then having a good car or pissing it up the wall.
Robbo

15th Nov 11 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:
quote:
quote:

its not relative at all, i simply cannot afford to move out, even renting around here is ridiculously expensive, upto 900/1000 PCM for a 2 bedroom flat? house prices approx 200k for small terraced houses in a bad area.

how could anyone young or earning anything below 25k afford that? just because the house prices are expensive in an area it does not automatically mean the jobs pay to match that.
so find a one bed or a studio if thats what you cna afford. or shock horror, find a slighly diff location
Eck
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see the logic in that VRS, but I'd much rather scare people with my loud car and piss up people's walls just now
Eck
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The banter is fucked now that the paragraph's are in. I'm oot.
DaveyLC

15th Nov 11 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Different times back then.. Interest only as well I assume?

Nope.

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Aaron]

LOL how much was the house and where??

I call bullshit.

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents... 22 database queries in 0.2837131 seconds