corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » power vs handling

Poll: power vs handling
Power 38 (55.88%)
Handling 30 (44.12%)

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author power vs handling
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
18th Jul 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No clarity at all. I just don't have the millions to fix bodywork everytime I bump it. Recent evidence of pics you posted up with you all over the place on grass and rumble strips etc, not really sure you're in a position to claim you have more experience tbh. You looked wild and out of control. No offence meant.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't matter a fuck if someone knows more about handling on a subjective debate like this? The question simply asks what you'd prefer, not what's best as discussed by the more experienced track driver?
AK

18th Jul 12 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
No clarity at all. I just don't have the millions to fix bodywork everytime I bump it. Recent evidence of pics you posted up with you all over the place on grass and rumble strips etc, not really sure you're in a position to claim you have more experience tbh. You looked wild and out of control. No offence meant.

all over the place

I won my class.... cant have been that all over of the place :S

Wild - at times, perhaps.

I'm not claiming I have more experience than you on track. I can TELL you I have.... but thats besides the point.

i was simply stating or making a comment on regards to peoples perception of 'handling'.
Nic Barnes

18th Jul 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adam, why does your vast race car driving experience mean that, like stated on the end of the initial question, my preference for power in a road car is so wrong? i feel I'm being preached at by lap times, where i drive to work, you can't push handling to the limits or you'd end up dead. you can however stab a bit of throttle down. can't see why track experience matters on my way to work?

complete fail by the "track elites" like normal this thread. this thread isn't about the perceptions of handling. but lol, its now made into one. great work by track spammers.
Nic Barnes

18th Jul 12 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps, may i suggest that your corsa was perhaps set up really badly, and ask perhaps did you use inferior parts?

i dont suffer from inferior parts on mine. its quite well spec'd, not just an engine like you assume. never mind, nothing to do with my car so don't even know why I'm explaining that actually.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

track spammers vs troll banters
handling vs power
intelligence vs retards

[Edited on 18-07-2012 by Steve]
Nic Barnes

18th Jul 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
track spammers vs troll banters
handling vs power
ingelligence vs retards

you have a puma under a sheet.
Nic Barnes

18th Jul 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps, you can't spell intelligence, which sums up a lot.
smcGSI16V

18th Jul 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

Corsas arent great at handling... the sooner folk accept that the better I used to think mine was great untill I tried other (better) things.

Yep couldn't agree more, Corsa's arent great at handling but you can make them handle great to comparable other Corsa's.

I think mine handled great for a corsa, but compared to my Astra it was shit and the Astra has a big fat derv engine at the front.

Also, why are us track drivers now being classed as elitist.

Is it because we can base an informed opinion having been there, done that, got the t-shirt and all you can do is base it no experience at all.

[Edited on 18-07-2012 by smcGSI16V]
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not under a sheet right now, and just got soaked
neil h

18th Jul 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
where i drive to work, you can't push handling to the limits or you'd end up dead. you can however stab a bit of throttle down.

Where on earth do you drive to work? I drive 50 miles across Berkshire/Oxfordhsire each day and 'pushing the power to the limits' will kill you much quicker than pushing the handling.
Nic Barnes

18th Jul 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V

Is it because we can base an informed opinion having been there, done that, got the t-shirt and all you can do is base it no experience at all.

[Edited on 18-07-2012 by smcGSI16V]

I've been there, done it.

Ojc

18th Jul 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barnes you haven't done anything other than live your life a quarter mile at a time
Gary
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your all wrong
Nic Barnes

18th Jul 12 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Barnes you haven't done anything other than live your life a quarter mile at a time
Technically not correct but mostly yeah in terms of non road use for the corsa.
AK

18th Jul 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic - I didnt run LEDAs or such like on my Corsa, but medium/high spec AVOs with high poundage springs. Some harryhockley bits here and there. It could have been better BUT I thought it was great at the time. Whats the saying 'it felt like it was on rails'

Shit - I thought my corsa before that was great handling. In reality it was just too firm/low!

Perspective.....

I'm not preaching that handling should be sought above power - thats your own decision.

I'm commenting on the comments about folk being able to judge if a car actually handles well or not.

Some folk will think a fiat uno handles well - if thats all they know.

I dont really care if you have gucci parts or shitty ebay parts on your corsa nic. Its still going to be a budget hatchback not an Exige, 911 etc.

You said it was 'spot on' round Oulton.... maybe your spot on is someone elses 'shite'
Nic Barnes

18th Jul 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said earlier before you got rude, I was a novice on that day. It managed it perfectly fine and could've been pushed harder just I couldn't afford to mess it up and spin off as it wouldve taken a long time to afford the repair bill.

So I will apologise for being a novice on the first track day I've done and also for not having enough in the pocket to not worry about what may happen.
possy

18th Jul 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Nic - I didnt run LEDAs or such like on my Corsa, but medium/high spec AVOs with high poundage springs. Some harryhockley bits here and there. It could have been better BUT I thought it was great at the time. Whats the saying 'it felt like it was on rails'

Shit - I thought my corsa before that was great handling. In reality it was just too firm/low!

Perspective.....

I'm not preaching that handling should be sought above power - thats your own decision.

I'm commenting on the comments about folk being able to judge if a car actually handles well or not.

Some folk will think a fiat uno handles well - if thats all they know.

I dont really care if you have gucci parts or shitty ebay parts on your corsa nic. Its still going to be a budget hatchback not an Exige, 911 etc.

You said it was 'spot on' round Oulton.... maybe your spot on is someone elses 'shite'

Yea but seeing there faces is priceless when you go screaming past them
AK

18th Jul 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm not slagging you off, i'm not slaggign you off for being a novice or slow, i'm not slagging you off for having no money or whatever.

I'm simply saying folk that spend more time pushing a car to its limits are in a better place to judge a cars handling.

I cant even remember how we got off on this tangent now.

time for bed though.

x
possy

18th Jul 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

odear vin diesel just turned up
possy

18th Jul 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
i'm not slagging you off, i'm not slaggign you off for being a novice or slow, i'm not slagging you off for having no money or whatever.

I'm simply saying folk that spend more time pushing a car to its limits are in a better place to judge a cars handling.

I cant even remember how we got off on this tangent now.

time for bed though.

x

who is this too
Nic Barnes

18th Jul 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Define slow? I was easily getting 20-30mph down every straight more than you or your skyline. Maybe losing 5-10 on the corners, which the straights are more of. Exit acceleration will have been VASTLY quicker than yours as well. But anyway, it's irrelevant.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by possy
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

odear vin diesel just turned up

Adam_B

18th Jul 12 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought my xe corsa handled great with R888s, koni suspension, whiteline ARBs and poly bushes until i went out in an elise round elvington.
Ben G

18th Jul 12 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd like one of the track elitists to tell me how handling is better than power when on a straight dual carriageway driving to work.

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » power vs handling 24 database queries in 0.0184710 seconds