corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plane Missing - 239 people on board.

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plane Missing - 239 people on board.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Mar 14 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That news articul doesn't seem very accurate...

It basically says "we know for sure this was a hijacking although we don't really have any evidence atall or know where the plane was heading or have any wreckage or information what so ever"
Jambo

15th Mar 14 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxibeast
I'm getting lost with all these theories flying around from the worlds best air accident/criminal investigators on Facebook, so here is the list so far from the past week...

Ahh the Internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982

Some of those are just so it's unreal.

The bemuda triangle is in a series of magnetic anomalies around the earth, there's more than one
Rob_Quads

15th Mar 14 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So from what the latest news are saying they did receive data from the plane up to around 7 hours after the last official location transmission but they can't say there it was at that point (maybe because it was engine data or something I guess)

Does strongly hit to a hijack. Amazed it was not picked up on someones radar though
Bart

15th Mar 14 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Amazed it was not picked up on someones radar though

This.

As the plane was kinda in no mans land when it went missing, you'd think another country would have picked it up on their radar as an unexpected plane entering their flying territory.
It's very fishy if you ask me
Jambo

15th Mar 14 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was picked up on radar but was unidentified
John

15th Mar 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 747 Air Force One plane regularly travels and says it's something else much smaller to avoid broadcasting what it's up to.

Radar and flight in general isn't as tight as most people seem to think. Airport security in the west and the odd time they send up fighters to track something down isn't indicative of the norm. I'd be surprised if you could lose a whole aeroplane in American airspace however.
Dom

15th Mar 14 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The 747 Air Force One plane regularly travels and says it's something else much smaller to avoid broadcasting what it's up to.

No doubt they'll mask themselves as an average 747 flight but i doubt they're able to make their radar signature smaller (unless they're using stealth technology).

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
It was picked up on radar but was unidentified

Wasn't it only once, for a short time, by military radar?

You'd think it'd be picked up multiple times if it continued to fly for another 4/5 hours.
John

15th Mar 14 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

No doubt they'll mask themselves as an average 747 flight but i doubt they're able to make their radar signature smaller (unless they're using stealth technology).

Was on discovery once. Appeared as a Cessna or something stupid, radar can't tell difference in tens of metres.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Mar 14 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Was on discovery once. Appeared as a Cessna or something stupid, radar can't tell difference in tens of metres.

Because a Cessna going 500mph isn't noteworthy.
John

15th Mar 14 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They didn't note it on whatever I was watching.
RichR
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 00:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone here actually used a radar system of any sorts apart from me? There's a lot of fact and fiction going on in this thread and a lot of Internet experts...

The only comment with any validity is Ian's with regards to speed but size at the distance talked about make fuck all difference.
John

16th Mar 14 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a small bit of experience at ATC.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Mar 14 at 01:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it difficult to believe that it was all over the news about 30 minutes after it went missing, but that didn't cause anyone to pay special attention to unidentified craft exhibiting passenger jet-like attributes on their screens, in every (overlapping) RADAR field in the surrounding areas.

They've obviously done well if that is the case. Its not like it was discovered missing weeks after the live data, most estimates put it still in the air long after the story broke.
C2RL R

16th Mar 14 at 05:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Says on the news the police are searching the homes of the pilots. Have they identified who the 2 passengers were that used stolen passports?
C2RL R

16th Mar 14 at 05:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They just said that the pilot was a political fanatic and may have hijacked the plane.
Bart

16th Mar 14 at 05:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
They just said that the pilot was a political fanatic and may have hijacked the plane.

From what I read there isn't really any political statements for the Malaysians to make. Most of there violent actions ended 10+ years ago.
That being said it is starting to look more and more like a hijacking.

As the plane did a U-turn back over Malaysia/Thailand it makes you wonder if they had someone else in the control room

[Edited on 16-03-2014 by Bart]
C2RL R

16th Mar 14 at 06:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They reckon if it went down in the Indian Ocean then it could take years to find it.
Ben G

16th Mar 14 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still wouldn't go down without bits coming off it, which will eventually drift into land somewhere, like the tsunami stuff ending up everywhere.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless it was landed gently in the water? Obviously some bits would still come off but not that much I guess?
Ben G

16th Mar 14 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As in it glided down? And then what? Shoot everyone and make your way out the exit?
Aidan-Fleming

16th Mar 14 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally think the government havee blown it out the sky with a missile over sea and aint telling anyone.
Dom

16th Mar 14 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
Has anyone here actually used a radar system of any sorts apart from me? There's a lot of fact and fiction going on in this thread and a lot of Internet experts...

But you can determine an objects size from scatter and you improve accuracy using multiple wavelengths - don't need to be an expert to know that
RichR
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd also know how simple it is to change a radar signal with active and passive reflectors which greatly alter the perceived signature.
alan-g-w

16th Mar 14 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-color-red-missing-mh370-font-hishammuddin-s-statement-1.516168
Russ

16th Mar 14 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
Has anyone here actually used a radar system of any sorts apart from me?
have you?

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plane Missing - 239 people on board. 22 database queries in 0.0159180 seconds