corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 turbo and mk4 astra

New Poll
  <<  91    92    93    94    95    96    97  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ep3 turbo and mk4 astra
chrisritch

User status: Offline
15th Sep 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i had this happen to me id probably spend a week umming and arring to work out whats fucked lol, then cry, then shout, probably kick the dog then bodge something together
Nic Barnes

15th Sep 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no point crying about it really. had to get it fixed. only bodge is a £1 ball joint from the scrap yard. only due to all parts places being shut at 2pm on a saturday.

fix it then get pissed off. thats what i do. a corsa shell means nothing to me. its 200-300 quid for another. its the bit that makes it move that im bothered about. and that still works. so all is well sort of.
chrisritch

15th Sep 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true, when your like you and mechanically minded like you said sourcing a £300 shell isnt difficult and swapping bits over would be easy, id be like, erm...fuck
3i_gaz

15th Sep 09 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad times that nic!!

but still, back on the road so hey ho, get on with more death at crail.

glad to see the comps did you proud!! knew they'd have a hard times once in your posession, glad to see you've kept them concourse PMSL
Nic Barnes

16th Sep 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they had a nice easy ride these last few months. as the spoke stick out a touch, one of them is splattered with stone chips when it was on the back as the front wheels stick out a touch more than the back, so from constant wheelspin its been battered by stones. lovely stuff.

deffo getting some more mo's. theyre tough as anything.
ShEp

16th Sep 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good times
flybikeslee

16th Sep 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good lad nic x
3i_gaz

16th Sep 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good to hear man, glad they done you proud. good thing i didnt charge you an absolute fortune for em.

goodo.
FranK

17th Sep 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see no chassis stiffening?
Nic Barnes

17th Sep 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FranK
I see no chassis stiffening?

Nic Barnes

19th Sep 09 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well tonight fitted the new jdm spec battery box. re-made the bracket for the catch tank and played about with the tracking to try and make it better. might just all be in my head, but i swear something doesnt feel right with it. its very hard to explain.

tomorrow its off to get fired onto a lazer line thing to check the chasis is actually straight. i reckon it is but need to make sure. if something is wrong will have to re-shell it i guess. it does drive straight, brake straight etc. just has a dodgy feel cornering at times. goes all light which it never did in the past. noticed the camber is different on drivers wheel. getting all that checked and set up again tomorrow afternoon. im maybe just being really paranoid. will find out and update tomorrow.
spikedjack

19th Sep 09 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it needs reshelling, bite the bullet and buy drapers shell ?
Jake

19th Sep 09 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reckon its the camber if the car is on coilovers. you can never get the car to drive properly without setting it up properly on a hunter
Nic Barnes

19th Sep 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so my mate daley aka ron jeremy collected the car from my work this morning about 8am. dropped it back off at half 10 and told me all is well. so car being straight puts a fair whack of confidence back into it all for me. so it then had camber checked and adjusted and the tracking done again and it feels real good to drive again. its always going to pull a bit left to right under acceleration as thats the diff etc. but it doesnt wander anymore.

fitted an emerald sticker on front bumper

catch tank all mounted in better and secure instead of flopping about inside the old pas bottle bracket

slick playing about with camber gauges etc

new battery box

19" vxr wheel for my mates vectra. got a tyre fired on it at work for him today so transported it about in my corsa. rested it up against my vectra before. would look very cool on those wheels. will have to keep an eye out for some when ive got some more cash.

so all seems ok. will be taking car up to crail tomorrow and give it some abuse see how it goes. me and slick are taking turns in it as he swears he will beat my times. bless him for having a go eh.
Eck
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your Vec would look fantastic on those. Glad the Corsa is all well! I am about to go to quite literally, all shops within a 13 mile radius to find proper Bru bars Other silly things like getting the car cleaned can wait!
Nic Barnes

19th Sep 09 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i was going to wash corsa and vectra but its started to rain in carlisle so i cant be bothered. maybe later on in a couple of hours though.

deffo going to look out for some of them wheels. will ask vxr james to let me try one on mine when he is round see what it would look like
alanvtec

19th Sep 09 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good news that all is straight
matthew172

19th Sep 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great news terry, corsa lives on
Mertin

20th Sep 09 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tidy show

Shall await updates / pics / vids / stories from Crail

Heres hopin its dry
Nic Barnes

20th Sep 09 at 05:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the wrong 6 o'clock to be awake at on a sunday. off to crail in a fwe mins. long drive and that ken.
Graham88

20th Sep 09 at 05:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Enjoy, I'm going to bed
DamoC

20th Sep 09 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good news that your car is all straight mate , you can abuse it agen now , let us no what times you run
Nic Barnes

20th Sep 09 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it fairly broke in good comical style
WATSON

20th Sep 09 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happend dude?
Nic Barnes

20th Sep 09 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so had fun at crail. car was struggling really bad however. since the abs sensor has packed in which was used for wheel speed sensor for ecu to do the in gear boost, its getting way too much boost in early gears. was getting 2.6 60ft times which is well bad. usually get 2.0 or 2.1. both me and mate slick were running 12.4 quite a few times. bad 60ft messing it all up. although did get some rather nice terminal speeds. slick had a 131.2mph terminal and i then got a 131.6mph which is fair moving considering how bad the 60ft's were all day.

then it kinda broke. got into the shootout finals for fwd forced induction. 2nd fastest qualifying behind the ten of the best mk2 astra turbo. slick was doing shootout, sets off in quarter final against astra vxr. launches it first into 2nd halfway through 2nd see the car slowing down. nothing happening. loses by a shit load. gets a phone call off slick saying has no gears managed to shove it into 4th. gets car back to fleet support vectra to find a nice site.

might not be able to tell that much but engine sat really far down at the back and right on the piss.

the mount has actually cracked part of gearbox casing where it bolts to. hence the loss of gears etc. so thats one well and truly wrecked f28 gearbox casing. bugger.

apart from that and the crap 60ft times. getting 131 terminals is well good. and was a top day out.

r1 powered go kart. mental thing indeed. corsa beat it however.

<<  91    92    93    94    95    96    97  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 turbo and mk4 astra 23 database queries in 0.0389681 seconds