corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Riots in London..

New Poll
  <<  91    92    93    94    95    96    97  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Riots in London..
Robbo

User status: Offline
10th Aug 11 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14482695

And so it starts...

Good on them! They are going through things like having bricks and fire bombs thrown at them. Why should they not have a few wacks back themselves. No doubt it will be investigated, at furtheer cost to us!!
i mean the media posting about police brutality, no doubt fair play to them (although there is no point beign voerly vicious as it will come back to haunt them)
Paul_J

10th Aug 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GF-91
quote:
But please note the BBC cannot verify when this footage was taken, nor the context leading up to the events.
Great disclaimer, dickheads

Pretty sure they'd have to put that if it's true you dumb cunt. Can't go round saying its footage taken at such a place when it actually wasn't.

Robbo's saying that the title of the video is a joke.

The BBC are claiming that 'police beat rioters' (as if it's a bad thing) and then tries to justify it with that weak disclaimer...
Dan
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
It's totally kicking off up here now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cbVW_QS2eE

I actually proper LOLed

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Marc

10th Aug 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we need to hit them hard with a leaflet campaign.
Dan
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew what u was saying robbo, just adding my 2p

Ryan

10th Aug 11 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cannot see anybody being evicted from their council homes for this. It will end up in court with a few cases that the papers get hold of and people will get off with some liberal human rights bullshit about potentially making thousands homeless. Are they going to throw whole familys out because their cunt of a child had been rioting? I think not.

Liberal Cunts
GF-91
Banned

10th Aug 11 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
But please note the BBC cannot verify when this footage was taken, nor the context leading up to the events.

Great disclaimer, dickheads

Pretty sure they'd have to put that if it's true you dumb cunt. Can't go round saying its footage taken at such a place when it actually wasn't.
no you dumb cunt, i mean its fucking stupid posting an inciteful video showing people how the police are being 'brutal' then trying to put some pansy disclaimer to try and cover their arses... posting the video will do enough damage to the police

I think it will restore faith in the police tbh
Marc

10th Aug 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

And so it starts...

Serves the little bastard right.
Robbo

10th Aug 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
I knew what u was saying robbo, just adding my 2p
aye, just felt the need to make it clear i wasnt having a go at the cops
Neil

10th Aug 11 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Names and convictions of people in court today:

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16047604
Dan
Premium Member

10th Aug 11 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If im honest i am actually a little disapointed with the police in that video.... They should have killed the little cunt!

gtitim

10th Aug 11 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am paid to uphold the law, and work damn hard to do so - I don't particularly need to defend myself on here.

Ultimately, if there are enough officers to deal with a situation, and to arrest offenders, Police will. However, if it takes 3 (on average) officers to deal with each offender, and there are 100+ offenders, thats 300 police taken out of the equation for as long as it takes - its not just a case of grab them, sling them in a van and finished - there are statements, grounds, evidence to be given to custody suites and investigators.

Police have evidence gatherers with video cameras at the front to ID offenders, and CCTV. The primary role of the officers on the front line is to control the situation, and prevent it worsening. Whilst everyone is saying there werent enough Police in Londond, i wonder where they think they have come from? 100s of officers have been at home, at work or on holiday across the country, and have dropped everything to go from a phonecall.

As for those who say my job is to risk injury - don't think so. My job is to protect the public. I am included in that. It would be negligent of me to put myself in a situation whereby the only outcome is risk to life. Don't get me wrong - I will risk life and limb, and have done, to help people, but I am not risking it unnecessarily for a few TVS. I will do what i can, and will no doubt end up in the line of fire when I go tomorrow, but ultimately I act on the decision of my commanding officers, and they act on theirs, which come from Government. Therefore, if you want to blame someone for what is happening, blame Governments past and present for thier policies and powers
Robbo

10th Aug 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:: Male youth aged 17 from Streatham. Pleaded not guilty to burglary and resisting arrest relating to the theft of a bike worth £240 from Cycle King on Brighton Road, Croydon.

The boy has been in care since the age of 10. His mother is a drug abuser and he has had a number of foster homes. His care worker was in court. He has a young daughter. Remanded in custody until Aug 15.

so what if hes been in care?
Dave

10th Aug 11 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
That's not the point we are making though is it? Tim said if it was a choice between some looters taking some tv's or him potentially getting hurt he'd let them take the tv's..

GAY

My post was in reply to Laney, This thread is moving far to fast for me, especially on the phone.
Robbo

10th Aug 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a very poor media-led article bteww, deliberately pickign up on mental health problems and foster care etc.

expected better from sky
Ryan

10th Aug 11 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

** Jean Paul Brown aged 34 of Huntingdon Close, Mitcham. No indication of plea. Charged with stealing a football shirt and resisting arrest on Purley Way, Croydon.
Remanded in custody until August 17.He is from Jamaica and is not legally allowed to be in this country.

Fuck him straight off then.
gtitim

10th Aug 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

And so it starts...

This is my point exactly - stand there, get criticised, go after the rioters, get criticised. What are the police on the ground to do? Not the suits and politicians, the cops facing these scum. If they do nothing, public are criticised, as I have been on here for my opinions, however, if police get heavy handed, joe public (not necessarily on here) reels in shock and horror and say we should give them a hug. Can't win.
GF-91
Banned

10th Aug 11 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
I am paid to uphold the law, and work damn hard to do so - I don't particularly need to defend myself on here.

Ultimately, if there are enough officers to deal with a situation, and to arrest offenders, Police will. However, if it takes 3 (on average) officers to deal with each offender, and there are 100+ offenders, thats 300 police taken out of the equation for as long as it takes - its not just a case of grab them, sling them in a van and finished - there are statements, grounds, evidence to be given to custody suites and investigators.

Police have evidence gatherers with video cameras at the front to ID offenders, and CCTV. The primary role of the officers on the front line is to control the situation, and prevent it worsening. Whilst everyone is saying there werent enough Police in Londond, i wonder where they think they have come from? 100s of officers have been at home, at work or on holiday across the country, and have dropped everything to go from a phonecall.

As for those who say my job is to risk injury - don't think so. My job is to protect the public. I am included in that. It would be negligent of me to put myself in a situation whereby the only outcome is risk to life. Don't get me wrong - I will risk life and limb, and have done, to help people, but I am not risking it unnecessarily for a few TVS. I will do what i can, and will no doubt end up in the line of fire when I go tomorrow, but ultimately I act on the decision of my commanding officers, and they act on theirs, which come from Government. Therefore, if you want to blame someone for what is happening, blame Governments past and present for thier policies and powers

You know its thursday tomorrow don't you?
Ben J

10th Aug 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

And so it starts...

This makes me so angry. Police use batons and people moan and call it heavy handed! This is why these cunts are on the rampage in the first place. The country is too soft.
Eddx14xe

10th Aug 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They people that started arguing the that guys dad need to be shot. What a bunch of cunts.
Neil

10th Aug 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That guy deserves respect for the way he has acted and what he has said. Good on him.
Jambo

10th Aug 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here come the excuses.

I can hear the liberals rustling their copy of the Guardian already
GF-91
Banned

10th Aug 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
They people that started arguing the that guys dad need to be shot. What a bunch of cunts.

Sorry, what?

They people that started arguing the that guys dad need to be shot..WTF
Rick Draper

10th Aug 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some right fucking idiots been interviewed on BBC news at the min.
Lynny

10th Aug 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The officers at the scene are simply doing as they're told by the bronze/silver/gold commanders running the massive operation. Theyll all have been told exactly where to stand and what to do, they're not just being lazy or not giving a fuck, they're taking direct orders, failure to do this will end in disciplinary. I've done enough op orders to know how complex they can be, but not were on the scale of this or without the warning of this. The predominant police role is to safe life or limb, this included their own, before saving property or gathering evidence. Yes it's a job you enter knowing there is a chance you could get hurt or killed, but it doesn't mean you're there as cannon fodder and should expect this to happen.

I went to a job once where I depressed woman was going to kill herself, she was on a very high viaduct and over the wrong side of the railings when we arrived. A very brave officer risked his life, and climbed over to grab a hold of her, and didn't let go until others could assist. Unfortunately this officer (despite probably saving the woman's life) was given a blocking for risking his own life, went through disciplinary and given a written warning.

It's not the officers on the ground that are the problem, it's though who control them.

Flame away

<<  91    92    93    94    95    96    97  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Riots in London.. 23 database queries in 0.0455222 seconds